Doing a couple outdoor...

in Outdoor grow shows Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:38 pm
by ross | 51 Posts | 190 Points

I put a couple lemon skunk plants on my patio that I didn't have space for in my indoor. They were in 20 gal and about 3mo old and I transplanted them to 100gal roots (smart) pots. Unfortunately where I am the growing season is not nearly as long as California and such. I read lemon skunk finishes oct 7-23 range. Here the first frost comes around oct 4 so I was thinking of making a DIY greenhouse to put them in towards the end. Does anyone use a greenhouse here? If so what material did you cover it with? I've been looking around and apparently there's a ton of different polycarbonate covers. If someone can point me to a website they use to post pics on I can upload a couple pics on my phone. Thanks guys!

Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.” - Robert Nesta Marley
Scroll up

RE: Doing a couple outdoor...

in Outdoor grow shows Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:30 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

this might help if you want to post pics here Adding Pictures and Videos

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:25 pm

]

Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.” - Robert Nesta Marley
Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:29 pm

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:30 pm

Sorry for the sideways pic it was a cell phone pic

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:32 pm

I'll try to post a better one tomorrow

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:07 am
by Ston-loc | 376 Posts | 1601 Points

Nice looking plants you've got there! I build a cover with PVC and 7mil plastic to cover up from rain/ etc towards the end. Being right next to the eve like that I'm pretty sure you could come up wit a sloped cover to protect relatively easy. Green mojo

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:55 am
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

Great looking plants.
As too the greenhouse, I used a homemade one for a couple years. The frame was a portable garage from Home Depot, but you can find them at any home improvement store. I covered it with a clear 6 mil plastic (it's not really clear).

I'm in Minnesota and that plastic withstood our snow load without a problem, it's tough stuff. The only downside is humidity inside the green house will cause all kinds of bud rot and mold. I had 2 fans moving air thru and 2 fans moving air around, and still had too much bud mold to bother with it again.

Hope this helps, Green Mojo for those big girls.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:08 pm

Hail has been a big issue here in denver the last month. My plants have gotten hailed on probably 5 times. Would 6mil plastic hold up to hail? I want to keep them outside as long as possible so I'm not super concerned about bud rot. But if I want them to finish properly I'll need to figure something out for the last week or so. I'm pretty sure last year it snowed on oct 4 here.

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:13 pm

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:14 pm

Ok I took the cell pic sideways now it's oriented correctly lol. This is a more recent pic too the other was right after I transplanted out the 20s

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:15 pm
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

Quote: ross wrote in post #9
Hail has been a big issue here in denver the last month. My plants have gotten hailed on probably 5 times. Would 6mil plastic hold up to hail? I want to keep them outside as long as possible so I'm not super concerned about bud rot. But if I want them to finish properly I'll need to figure something out for the last week or so. I'm pretty sure last year it snowed on oct 4 here.

That plastic stood up to hail just fine. It got some stretch/dents but no tears. We had a tornado touch down 6 blocks from my house, the greenhouse wasn't even fazed............that 6mil is some strong stuff. The plastic I bought came from Homedepot, it was a 20' x 100' roll, don't remember the cost, something like $60....but I'm not sure.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:19 pm

Sheesh a 20' roll?? I don't even know how i would transport that lol

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:10 pm
by BudGrower | 547 Posts | 1925 Points

very beautiful

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 7 (yesterday 605) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: