Dilemma...what should I do?

in things you need to know Tue May 13, 2014 7:36 pm
by anglerguy78 | 67 Posts | 333 Points

Hope to get some good feedback on this situation. Have 3 ladies (high quality fem beans), about 18" in 5gal black pots, in outdoor grow in remote part of yard. A yard clean-up crew was coming to clear yard of leaves with blowers. One day prior, I specifically told boss to not bother clearing remote part of yard and he said OK. However, he apparently did not tell his workers that key piece of info and he was not there to supervise. At days end, yard was clean but when I checked on the girls, the blower had been through the grow area. Much to my horror, one plant had one of my nearby unused stakes put in the pot for support.

The yard worker obviously blew the girls a bit much (nothing broken) and wanted to support one that got a little bent. So he obviously knows what is there and tried to support it.

I have an alternate guerilla location for at least one plant but it will not get the care it gets now.

So here's my dilemma where I need your advice.

1. Should I worry about getting ripped off later in the year?
2. Should I call yard boss (who I've known for many years) and tell him my situation?
3. Should I move at least one plant (or all) to guerilla grow site?
4. Should I fire my yard boss for not following my instructions?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Scroll up

RE: Dilemma...what should I do?

in things you need to know Tue May 13, 2014 7:43 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

I would move the plants to a new location and not say a thing. I myself don't want anyone knowing where my plants are

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in things you need to know Tue May 13, 2014 7:47 pm

Thanks ozzy. I may do this as they are small enough to move now but won't be in another couple weeks.

Scroll up

in things you need to know Tue May 13, 2014 7:48 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

Yeah, what ozzie said...

If someone knows where you have your pot plants growing, they own you. You are at their mercy. Not a good place for you to be in.

Last edited Tue May 13, 2014 7:49 pm | Scroll up

in things you need to know Tue May 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Thanks JR. I'm leaning towards moving two and keeping one. If yard dude has "sticky fingers" in fall, will definitely fire yard crew. Problem is sight has been compromised and they could strike at any time. This sucks...wish it was just legalized and this BS did not happen.

Scroll up

in things you need to know Tue May 13, 2014 9:18 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Why keep the one there it's still a major security risk. Even if the guy don't come steal it and he get's in some trouble ands asked "If you can give us something we'll "help" you." them there comes the knock and look around.

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in things you need to know Tue May 13, 2014 9:19 pm
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

I would get those plants out of there now! Unless you're in a legal state the risk ain't worth it. You have an unsecure environment. The guy who saw could tell anyone. Havin' a beer talking to friends in a bar,? Get's pulled over by leo and wants to avoid a ticket? It's just not worth the risk.

Just my opinion...but you asked. Best of luck.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Scroll up

in things you need to know Tue May 13, 2014 9:53 pm

Thanks for your advice Cubby. Looks like all will be moved to a new location asap. On the positive side, my best outdoor grow was a single plant guerilla grow in 1983 that was some kind of purple one-hit wonder weed. Maybe these will follow her into my hall of fame. Thanks all for your concerns for a fellow grower.

Scroll up

in things you need to know Wed May 14, 2014 12:33 am
by orangesunshine | 803 Posts | 3182 Points

i would re-evaluate and inspect the gorilla grow location each week for trespassers before i moved anything---is it easy access---is it close---can you check it daily---if not---if possible i would keep them ladies right where they are for easy tending till a month before harvest or they begin to get to big too move---cover them in a garbage bag and then move them to the gorilla location---there is no doubt if those on the clean up crew are gonna rip your plants they are unlikely to take them until they are ready to harvest---you never know---but if they staked it up---i doubt they be calling the law on you---jmo---keep in mind the potential size and moving issues when u decide to make the move---id wait till the last minute to make the move and i too would move them eventually---know the sentencing laws for 3 plants in your city

Last edited Wed May 14, 2014 12:39 am | Scroll up

in things you need to know Wed May 14, 2014 1:29 am
by Ston-loc | 376 Posts | 1601 Points
Scroll up