The Thread You Need To Read If You Want To Do Away With Stretch, Supercropping 101...

in Beginners Starting out Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:45 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

The Thread You Need To Read If You Want To Do Away With Stretch, Supercropping 101.

posted by trillions of atoms at mp
OK,

alot of members here are having a REAL problem with strech...from ppl with seedlings to members with 4 ft plants. i am going to try and sum up the things you can do to combat this problem members have from the infancy to adulthood of our beloved cannibis plant.

now this is to the beginners:

if you have seedlings that are streching hard and are 4 inches plus with only the baby sets of leaves and the firts two leaves popping out then:

you have a few problems- a light with the wrong spectrum, a light thats proper spectrum and to far away (for flos. place light under an inch away) or heat in the growrooms is to high.

some plants even placed under HID lighting will strech under any conditions and this is what i recommend....

when transplanting these seedlings to bigger container- bury the stem that is streching under fresh soil up to an inch leading up to the first baby leafsets (cottlydons). this will discontinue the problem after transplant.

you might need to use a popsicle stick to prop the plant up to keep it from falling over before transplant. using a fan will help keep the stem strong. (its best to keep the fan off directly from the plants and diflecting off one surface blowing then on the plant to keep it from getting blown over)

it might take a few days for the plant to strengthen up for a transplant. keep in mind a baby is VERY tender and can hermie if yer not GENTLE.

now here comes the part for the supercropping.

now SC (as ill refer to from now on) is nothing but a word for stem pinching.

now what does stem pinching do and how can it help strech?

this might SOUND BAD for a second but as soon as u understand and try the method you will be sold...

ok ....to pinch a stem or branch is to partialy damage the plant stunting growth for a short period of time until it fully heals. to pinch one stem or more is to stub a toe, it heals in a few days but comes back stronger than before, making it harder to "stub" the next time.
while the plant heals itself it will stop streching and heal the pinched spot.

now lets put this in review- why would i try and harm my plant?

now to pinch a few stems is to barly damage the plant. your only "ripping a muscle" so it can grow back stronger....the concept goes back to benching weights for humans...you pull/snap muscles for them to come back more ripped and ready to carry more load the next time...yes its sore for a day or two- but its ready to accept more in a few days.

the same goes to plants....to pinch a stem is to pull a muscle...it might be weak that day but the day after and the next it eill be 75%, then 100% then 120%....

to "ull the muscle is to make room for more the next"

ok lets get to it.

imm gunna tell you what u need to look for when stem pinching.

find the main stem, any main branches ,branches to a big fan leaf, whatever- put your index finger and thumb finger on the stem your planning to pinch....

now very gently..add pressure with your two fimgers until you feel the inner hurd squishing inside the outer hurd....

when u feel that squich...yer done. release pressure immediately and yer finished.

u can treat a plant in multiple places the first time. depending on how mature the plant is u can treat up to 20 times or more the very first treatment.

u can treat main stalks, branches to leaves, to budsites etc....anywhere on the plant.

i start when the plants just cracked before the s of the seed falls off. i start with one or two pinches and wait till they heal. then i pinch once more inbetween that growth...then i wait till heal. by then i have more area new to pinch and i move up on the plant.

now treating plants this young take care but with practice you will learn.

in a way pinching a stem is doing nothing but damaging the two lane highway that the plant is born with, creating side roads and back roads along with an extra lane for nutrients and minerals to travel on. if the lanes that are naturally occuring are hindered the plant will make new lanes to transport the need essentials to the upper portions of the plant.

and thats supercropping in a flash.

its really easy to do. and the more u pinch the stronger yer stems and branches will be....soon you wont be able to use pliars to pinch the stems you will have to use two hands and twist n snap the stems.

this method works GREAT on all strians and any age plant.

if your gentle you can do it on seedlings. i have plants in my gallery that show no strech and tublar roots because of supercropping. u can take a 4 ft plant and turn it into a 2 ft under plant EASILY!

eventually plants will be so hardened you can pinch over 20 times in one session. and it doesnt take that long. if there any ?s feel free to ask!!!

IF YOU TRY THIS METHOD YOU WILL BE SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love
Scroll up

RE: The Thread You Need To Read If You Want To Do Away With Stretch, Supercropping 101...

in Beginners Starting out Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:55 pm
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

This I would assume is a HST. Could it lead to hermies?

Scroll up

RE: The Thread You Need To Read If You Want To Do Away With Stretch, Supercropping 101...

in Beginners Starting out Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:00 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

in a sinsi yes on the hermies no. hermies are more a light nute watering stressors result

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love
Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:48 pm
by TCVG | 48 Posts | 251 Points

supercropping a HST technique... lol
... that's like saying, if a dude breaks his arm... he's gunna become gay... lmao ;p
I had a plant started April 8th, and 3 weeks later a fking crow topped the plant between the 2nd and 3rd node... I saved the top and cloned it, and continued topping and supercropping the plant for a couple months. I now have a freaking bush with about 40 tops that looks nothing like a pot plant - it's growing on the outside of my apartment balcony in a planter box. The pigs come by regularly, and have never given it a second look. 4u... it's a Totally Bunk (yer WWf2'd x Capt. Kirk) ... my lady is looking super, alongside my 8 varieties of tomato plants I have growing along-side it.

That Crazy Vancouver Guy

my SHIT don't stink... it fucking REEKS....
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 249 (yesterday 434) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: