What Nutes Do You Use?

in Nutrients Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:02 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

Question for soilless / hydro growers, if you have time: what nutes do you use?

1. What nutes do you use in veg / flower?

2. What additives do you use in veg / flower?

Just wondering...

Thanks.

Last edited Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:03 pm | Scroll up

RE: What Nutes Do You Use?

in Nutrients Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:44 pm
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

I use GH 3 part as my base, veg and flower in hydro. I also use Golden Nectar (Humic/flavic acid), Liquid Kool Bloom, Silica, and SNS 209.

I just change the mixture amounts depending on where I am in the growth process.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Scroll up

in Nutrients Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:59 am
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

I only use GH 3 part.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Nutrients Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:08 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

H2O

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:35 am
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

soil already has nutes, just add ACT, EM1, myco, trico

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:50 pm

Quote: 4u2sm0ke wrote in post #4
H2O

In a soilless / hydro grow (as specified in the original post), you use NO NUTRIENTS? Only H2O?

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Quote: umbra wrote in post #5
soil already has nutes, just add ACT, EM1, myco, trico

Soil definitely has nutes, but the original post asked about soilless / hydro grows, which have no nutes in and of themselves.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:59 pm
by Melvan | 492 Posts | 2234 Points

I'm in ProMix BX, soil-less medium

I use the GroTek line of feeds in both veg and flower http://www.grotek.net/ I eliminate the water soluables of Monster Bloom and Bloom Blaster as they mess with my ph. The VitaMix Plus is awesome on your seed starts.

I also add 1/2 tsp of MG 15-30-15 to every feed in veg and flower, but that's mostly about keeping my well water at proper ph without having to deal with up and down.

http://www.greenthumbgirls.com/
Scroll up

in Nutrients Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:35 pm
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

some of us stoners missed the soiless part

Scroll up

in Nutrients Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:24 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Seems like the better results you see is by those following the Lucas Formula http://lucasformula.com/ or close to it with , no matter what brand of nutes.They are using .

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Nutrients Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:26 am
by Grower13 | 513 Posts | 2013 Points

I use GH 3 part in Promix soiless ......... but I don't use grow part much anymore.......... I converted to the Lucas Formula early last fall.,,,,,,,, I'm also guilty of adding nutes to adjust my PH.

#1 Rule......... tell no one

MP BHC.......0013
Scroll up

in Nutrients Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:58 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

I also use the GH 3 part. I use the Lucas system sometimes, but find that I do better with a little grow added--otherwise, I run out of N before the plants are done. I also add Cal-Mag and have recently started using Kool-Bloom to see if it makes a difference, since one of the growers I respect recommended it. However, in my years of growing, I haven't really found any additives that I am too impressed with.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Nutrients Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:47 pm

Quote: Grower13 wrote in post #11
I use GH 3 part in Promix soiless ......... but I don't use grow part much anymore.......... I converted to the Lucas Formula early last fall.,,,,,,,, I'm also guilty of adding nutes to adjust my PH.

I learned a long time ago that the chelated salts in the mg will put my ph, after feed is added, to exactly where it should be. I see people say, "He's a miracle gro grower" as an insult, but that little 1/2 tsp every week or so doesn't do much to feed, but it sure makes my life easy, lol.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:19 pm
by Grower13 | 513 Posts | 2013 Points

Quote: Melvan wrote in post #13
Quote: Grower13 wrote in post #11

I learned a long time ago that the chelated salts in the mg will put my ph, after feed is added, to exactly where it should be. I see people say, "He's a miracle gro grower" as an insult, but that little 1/2 tsp every week or so doesn't do much to feed, but it sure makes my life easy, lol.

I use what I believe was/is Peters brand blue crystal........ ordered it off ebay a few years ago........ thought I was going to use it to grow....... didn't work though........ but it does work as a way to adjust my ph and get it down where I want it.

#1 Rule......... tell no one

MP BHC.......0013
Scroll up

in Nutrients Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:04 pm
by orangesunshine | 803 Posts | 3182 Points

been curious and thinking about a hydro grow---a friend turned me on to what he uses---coco medium with HEAVY16---complete line up of goodies thru the entire grow---i see his grow and this stuff IS all that they claim on the website---check it out

Scroll up

in Nutrients Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:09 pm
by Ston-loc | 376 Posts | 1601 Points

Dont grow hydro, but do grow soilless. Peat moss, perlite, and dolomite lime. Solely GH3 Lucas formula. Only additive I occasionally use is Pro-tekt to strengthen in veg.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:15 pm
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

I use GH 3 part plus................

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Scroll up

in Nutrients Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:59 pm
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

LOL Cubby, you were the 2nd post in this thread

and you answered with more detail then too

personally; GH 3-part as base then add: floralicious+ , rapid start (root booster), koolbloom, and FloraNectar
mix-n-match for grow, transition, flower

<intraining

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool
Scroll up

in Nutrients Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:34 pm

I'm glad this thread got bumped because I have actually made a change. GroTek was getting harder and harder to get my hands on, so I just started a couple weeks ago using Neputune's Harvest Fish & Seaweed feeds. (Still with the addition of the 15-30-15) They have a feed schedule specific to mmj, so for now I'm following that until I see what adjustments need to be made. But so far, so good. I know it's a line that's been around for ages and that many use, so I'm not too worried there will be any issues unless I cause them, lol.

It's the same 3 basic products through veg and harvest, so it's a bit simpler program than the Grotek. Although, I have noticed the cats trying to get in the veg room much harder since I switched to fish food, lol.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:02 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

Have a tray now finishing with only 3 part and nirvana as additive throughout flower....seems to be good....
I have lots of bottles of stuff and not sure which is which and what does what but hey......
Like I said, I use the one nobody likes ...but me.....Advanced Nutrients....

<p></p>
Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 am

Surf, the problem with Advanced Nutrients isn't the product, although I've read a few articles concerning their listing of ingredients that aren't really included in the bottle. The issue with AN is that the owner is a pedophile and is also being investigated for human trafficking. Those types, no matter how much you like their product, do not deserve your money.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:35 pm
by LEFTHAND | 111 Posts | 418 Points

GH3 for hydro. (Base) additives liquid kool bloom n granular bloom. Silica cal/mag
Humic acid.
Also in coco
Soil/soilless medium using GHO for the moms n run I got going.
I've recently amended soil and loving it a lot more
Water/water molasses/water mycro/bennie very simple very easy n surprisingly cheap which I am. Ha.
LH.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:06 am
by A.M. | 14 Posts | 92 Points

I use the Fox Farm Big Grow and Tiger Bloom, that's it, nothing more, nothing less.;) K.I.S.S.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 18 (yesterday 332) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: