PH in Soilless Growing with Chemical Nutes

in Soils and Soil-less Growing Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:39 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

My grow medium is always either ProMix HP or Sunshine Mix #4.

I always add 2 tablespoons of dolomite per gallon of mix, along with a generous amount of coarse perlite.

I use chemical nutes (Dyna Gro Pro-Tekt and Grow formula), and Liquid Karma as an additive during flowering. And I always use tap water that has sat overnight in a bucket to allow the chlorine to evaporate.

OK, so now the questions. For those of you who grow in a similar manner as me, do you ever adjust the PH of your nute solution? Or does the added dolomite lime control PH acceptably?

If you do adjust the PH of your nute solution, what level do you do you shoot for?

Thanks.

Scroll up

RE: PH in Soilless Growing with Chemical Nutes

in Soils and Soil-less Growing Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:42 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

6.5 PH allways

IMO. chemical nutes need to be PHed. as where organic nutes you can add more lime abd store the ph meter away

why not use organic nutes?

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Soils and Soil-less Growing Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:49 pm

Quote: 4u2sm0ke wrote in post #2
6.5 PH allways

IMO. chemical nutes need to be PHed. as where organic nutes you can add more lime abd store the ph meter away

I'm a former organic grower. I've used several versions of Super Soil, with pretty good results. I just wanted to try soilless/chemical to see if the yields were better.

Thanks.

Scroll up

in Soils and Soil-less Growing Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:15 am

Quote: 4u2sm0ke wrote in post #2
6.5 PH allways

Hey 4u,

Is there an organic nute regimen I could feed plants with in a ProMix HP medium?

Scroll up

in Soils and Soil-less Growing Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:18 am
by Drfting07 | 264 Posts | 1092 Points

Fox Farm 3 step

"Never Kick a Fresh Turd on a Hot Day" Harry S. Truman
Feed the Soil, Not the Plant - Umbra
Scroll up

in Soils and Soil-less Growing Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:27 pm
by Ston-loc | 376 Posts | 1601 Points

Yes and no, here. Perhaps I've just gotten lucky, or just have decent tap water. I grow outdoor in a similar setup Jack, and just the sheer amount of water and nutrients I go through, too much to have sit and level out to test accurately. I use gh3 Lucas formula. Basically I fill up my 33 gallon trash cans and adjust ph and let sit. Mix nutrients fresh when I use them. Haven't had issues yet four years in. Mind you, come flower when they're sucking the soil dry, I have gone through about twenty gallons a day.

Scroll up

in Soils and Soil-less Growing Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:12 pm
by zipflip | 57 Posts | 259 Points

like stone, yes and no here too. tap water sucks but got RO unit. organic soil mix grower these days but I used to grow wit same soilless peat based organic potting mix as I use now, only I fed wit bottle nutes. used flora nova and flora series both now n then. started out doin the whole PH'in thing but finally just said to hek wit it got so sick n tired pullin out meter and the clenaig and the callibratinga nd goin thru buncha diff meteres til I found one that didn't break when u touched it or even give an accurate reading , also not to mention the results I had were subpar at best, but soon as I said to hek wit the PH game things just worked out better form then on.
only thing I did when mixing nutes tho was I would add things to water as a whole. menain don't premix for 50 gallons into like one 5gallon bucket of water and dump into the big 50 gall barrel or something like that. . but id add things one at time and let sit wit bubble goin in water let it set for 15min -half hour or whatever inbetween shots of diff parts/supps etc... good time to break in between to smoke. just make sure to write everything down as soon as u do something tho otherswise it sucks when u already added calmag and forgot and added double. been there done that.
but thas me tho. no idea what ur water situation like wat soil ur usin what nutes gon be usin what the content of soil is etc etc..
btw the soil I use already has lime in it but I would add bout 1/3 cup more to each bag of soil. maybe 1/2 cup. im sorta a dump cook. I grap and if it looks or feels right I dump it in I guess. proly why organics and I work better tham chems...

Last edited Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:15 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 584 (yesterday 415) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: