do all new tents smell foul?

in Ventilation Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:28 am
by zipflip | 57 Posts | 259 Points

im really not sure where to put this thread as far as section goes but if any mod feels need to move this then go head.
But, deal is I got this here agromax tent new still in box and contemplating getting it up na lit up only when I got tent first it was a faulty one so they replaced with a new one. the first one I had when setup had this putrid awful smell coming off it. almost reminded me of that smell from the black sludgy muck ya see at bottom of creek or river beds all sewage like smelling. I mean this thing was awful. but now I finally got to openin up the box to the new one it come in and same dang smell coming off it and I aint even removed it form the box yet.
ive no experience with tents but I do know I made the biggest mistake buyin an agromax lower end model tent from HTG. I made an order of various things year ago along with the tent and everything was just bunch of knockoff cheap inferior quality garbage IMHO. but that being said idk if I trust this tent . I do recall back few years ago the issue wit buncha diff brand tents offgassing killing plants but I was under the impression that the market basically pushed out all the garbage and no longer out there, but something tells me that's maybe why this tent was such a low price for what size it is.
anyone else run an agromax tent from HTG? if so wats ur take on them. jus curious before I go wastin time messin wit the thing is all if its bogus. thanks

Scroll up

RE: do all new tents smell foul?

in Ventilation Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:56 am
by cant • Banned | 55 Posts | 148 Points

Its the plastic involved in the making i know cos i used to manufacture plastics etc.
Cant

Scroll up

in Ventilation Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 am
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

My tent had a plastic smell, I wouldn't call it bad, just different. I was disappointed in the quality of my tent, but not the smell.

Scroll up

in Ventilation Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:50 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

My Tent all ways smells foul on the first camping trip..after that smells like camp fire

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Last edited Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:50 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 354 (yesterday 460) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: