Dr Green Fang takes an adventure...

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:33 am
by Dr Green Fang | 142 Posts | 864 Points

Here we go! First journal of the new site for me. In between MP and MC conversion, I've had things go and finish up.

First pic is of what this journal will even be about. I'm running 7 strains this run ("Holy smokes did he say 7?!?!?!")
Basically, I had two runs of clones fail on me, for varying reasons, and I had to pop some beans. I went with various FEM's I had, and REG's (hoping for at least 1 fem out of 2)

Strains:

FEM
- 1x Purple Haze
- 1x Sugar Black Rose
- 1x Critical Jack Herer
- 1x Northern Light Blue
- 1x Afghan Kush X Yumbolt
- 2x Blue Lemon Thai

REG

- 2x Girl Scout Cookies X Larry OG

The other pics are stuff that's already going on in the flowering tents. Figured I'd throw that into this as well. Pic #2 is 4 clones: 2x Sage N Sour, 1x Cotton Candy, 1x Critical HOG. Since these are clones, I've got to experience these phenos fully cured, and let me tell you.. SNS and Cotton Candy did NOT let down. As a matter of fact, they were some of the best stuff I've run, bar none! BUT, that Critical HOG was the worst strain I've ever run. It was so bad, that I killed 6 females and ran just 1x SNS and 1x Cotton Candy in flowering tent #2, and opened them WAY up (pic #3) instead of running 2x more Critical HOG with them. You see, the structure was decent, the smell while growing was very good.. the trimming SUCKED (so leafy) and, after running 5 of them (3 in one system with Jungle Juice, 2 in another dif system with Dutch Masters Gold) they all came out the same after the PROPER dry and cure. These took 11 days to dry (all of them, not just the Crit Hog) and everything else came out amazing tasting and smelling. That Critical HOG fell short as soon as I put the trimmer to them! So leafy and horribly structured buds (plenty of light with 1200watts in each tent) and the cured smell and taste is the exact thing you'd expect from a "homegrown" smell / taste. I was extremely disappointed. Unfortunately I'm running 1x of them in this Tent #1 just because it's a static system that requires 4 plants everytime.

Sorry, I went off on a tangent there. Any questions, please ask away and I'll clear things up.

So, if you didn't understand from my blurb above, pic #2 is flowering tent #1 and pic #3 is flowering tent #2... currently. These will be the homes for the strains I'm running in this journal.

The last pic, is a Northern Light Blue AUTO that I just used for fun.. and it may give me 1/4 to 1/2 when dried. My last auto gave me just over 28.5 grams... not so much with this one. This was my "fun project"... I've left it in the veg tent, put it in the flowering tent.. back to veg, now in flowering again. I've given it nutes that I gave the veg tent, nutes I've given to tent # 1 and #2 .. basically, this this has been run through the ringer lol.

Scroll up

RE: Dr Green Fang takes an adventure...

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:39 am
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

never tried an auto myself...What do you think of the smoke?

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:47 am

The smoke I got from the 28g's of Northern Lights X Big Bud AUTO was amazing. Just as good as any of the photoperiod stuff I've grown. The only good use that I can see with an auto, would be outdoor grown maybe? So It could get really big? I dunno.

I will never actively buy one though :)

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:55 am
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

I grew a Positronics Purple Haze #1 freebee I got from Attitude, good yielder, not to resony but good taste and decent high. Which Purple Haze do you have?

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:58 am

Quote: MR1 wrote in post #4
I grew a Positronics Purple Haze #1 freebee I got from Attitude, good yielder, not to resony but good taste and decent high. Which Purple Haze do you have?

G13 Labs - Purple Haze

I have previous experience with G13 Labs, and expect this to be an amazing plant. :) Thanks for mentioning your experience! I've never dealt with or heard of Positronics.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:00 pm

I will be watching, good luck man.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:05 pm
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

I am pulling for sugar black rose!!!

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:05 pm
by Drfting07 | 264 Posts | 1092 Points

Subbed for the show.

"Never Kick a Fresh Turd on a Hot Day" Harry S. Truman
Feed the Soil, Not the Plant - Umbra
"no smart pots---i got the dumb ones"
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:35 pm
by shortbus | 253 Posts | 1304 Points

aww man DFG, i feel like crap giving you the review i did of the critical HOG. it was such a pleasure for me and the wife to smoke.

greenmojo
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:58 pm

Oh hey, don't feel like crap SB! I value each and every thought you've given me :)

It grew very healthy and hearty..it smelled extremely good for the "scratch n sniff" test throughout growing...The nugs looked decent after everything.

There's just too much else that didn't work for me. Trimming was a nightmare too lol.
I highly recommend Delicious Seeds - Cotton Candy and TH Seeds - Sage N Sour. Ran these right next to the Crit HOG and got amazing results! I actually got 7.6 O's from the one Cotton Candy I ran last run. :) Such an amazing taste / smell / affect!

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:18 pm
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

Lots of different strains! Good luck on your new adventure.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:16 am

Thanks THG! :)

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:45 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

Mojo for the Grow....Pulling up my Lazy boy and loading the bong...Bring on the Dank Dr Green

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:18 am
by BudGrower | 547 Posts | 1925 Points

very nice, great

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:53 am
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

Here's wishing you a nanner free, frost filled harvest

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:56 am
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

We are a form of Energy and Energy never dies,,IT JUST CHANGES FORMS. Im gonna be Dirt,,your gonna be POO. LOL
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:27 pm
by 7greeneyes | 469 Posts | 1830 Points

A LIL 7ge femmed mojo fer your grow show.

BHC# 711

"When injustice becomes law, then resistance becomes duty."
Thomas Jefferson

“I am not the lifestyle police.”- (my new hero) Pitkin County, CO Sheriff Joe DiSalvo

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:41 pm

Thanks all :)

Bit of issues right now in the veg space.. I started nutes at about 550ppms (was aiming for more like 450) and I've either burned them a bit (tips are fine though, so don't think) or am experiencing some chemical lockout issues....considering I'm not using the Jungle Juice "Bloom" and I substituted it with Botanicare Kind "Bloom". Reason I'm substituting is because I'm out of JJ's Bloom. I think it's causing some things to lock each other out.

Added some Pure Blend Tea, to try to give it some of the Potash / Phosphorus that it seems to be locking out.

Sorry for lack of update.. had a death in the family, have music contracts to fulfill and being daddy to my 3 year old lil girl has been taking much of my time.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:22 pm
by Grower13 | 513 Posts | 2013 Points

sorry for your loss...... keep your priorities right........ if you post some pics I'm sure somebody here can help you with some good advice.

#1 Rule......... tell no one

MP BHC.......0013
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:03 pm

Before I switched from GH Flora Nova to J.J. I flushed till I had tds of plain water before I did the switch to JJ bloom and had no problems.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:32 pm

Thanks G13 and MR1 :)

@MR1: I'm talking about running JJ Micro JJ Grow and Botanicare Kind Bloom together.. and leaving out JJ Bloom. Only reason I'm doing this is because I ran out of JJ Bloom, and I'm trying to "make due" till I can get some more. I'm thinking the mix is causing a chemical lock out considering they aren't formulated to run like this.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:44 pm

Ok I see, I forgot about the micro and the veg. I thought the Kind bloom was by itself. I hope you get some more bloom soon. I really like the J.J. so far.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:45 pm

I've used 4 different nutes, and so far, hands down... the Jungle Juice line blows em all out of the water!

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:47 pm
by Grower13 | 513 Posts | 2013 Points

Is it the 9 plants you have in the red cups your having trouble with?

#1 Rule......... tell no one

MP BHC.......0013

Last edited Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:48 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:19 am

Yes, but they are now in 1gal's and getting their first bits of nutes. I'm 95% sure I know what's going on, but am working on editing pics now to upload.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 45 (yesterday 262) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: