Stealth Grow Green Nite Light

in Lighting Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:21 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

I'm looking for a good green light bulb (for a lamp fixture) that will allow me to work in my grow area without disturbing my plants' sleep. The below bulb is a green LED made especially for use in grow areas. It's expensive. But I've read that the cheaper green-tinted incandescent bulbs ARE visible to the plants.

http://www.greners.com/i/garden-supplies...nite-light.html

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Scroll up

RE: Stealth Grow Green Nite Light

in Lighting Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:12 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

I use a head lamp with green led ...
I was told the plants cant see it.. I have not ever grown a seed (yet)...I actually want to this year...
I only use it when say guests or kids are on sleepover and i don't think for sure i will be able to adjust water before first feed...
I try not to make a habit of using the green ..One because who knows if the advice i was given is any good, and two is opening and closing door is a light break for me so do as few times as possible

<></p>
Scroll up

in Lighting Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:14 am
by Hushpuppy | 77 Posts | 323 Points

The green LEDs are the most assured way to go to avoid issues. I did use the green "party CFL bulb" in mine and had no trouble with it causing any issues, but the LED is most definitely going to only put out the spectrum off light that the plants don't see. I would use that

Doctor Madbud
Scroll up

in Lighting Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:01 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

While it is true that plants do not "see" green light, I would only use the green light in emergencies. It really is not a good practice to go in and out of the grow room while the lights are out. If you do not have a 100% dark room adjacent to the grow space, you will let light in every time you go in and out the door.

Hush, why would an LED green light be better than any other green light, if it truly is a green light? The incandescents are not good simply because the entire bulb is usually not colored green.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Last edited Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:03 am | Scroll up

in Lighting Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:54 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

While the Green "Party light" cfl..or even the green Bulbs are just colored after a while the green fades away and you have a regular light....The LED lights are Green they wont fade in color....Im with THG and dont go in when lights are off...just bad all around..

take care and be safe

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Lighting Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:03 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

Quote: The Hemp Goddess wrote in post #4
While it is true that plants do not "see" green light, I would only use the green light in emergencies. It really is not a good practice to go in and out of the grow room while the lights are out. If you do not have a 100% dark room adjacent to the grow space, you will let light in every time you go in and out the door.

Hush, why would an LED green light be better than any other green light, if it truly is a green light? The incandescents are not good simply because the entire bulb is usually not colored green.

Actually, I'm not going to use the bulb in my grow closet. I never open it while lights are out.

I just wanted the green bulb for use in my bedroom, which houses my grow closet. The grow closet is not completely light-tight, because of the passive intake vents I installed, and because of light leaks around the closet door. The enclosing bedroom is very dark, because I put blackout material on all the windows. But a couple times per day, I find myself needing to go into that bedroom for something, and I'm tired of trying to navigate in the dark. Thus, my interest in green light.

BTW THG, I read yesterday while researching this subject that light from green incandescent bulbs is "seen" as yellow light by the plants, which is not good (during lights out, of course). I can't say whether this info is correct or not, but I believe I read it as part of a science article.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 190 (yesterday 415) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: