Favorite HPS Bulb Manufacturer?

in Lighting Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:10 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

It's time for a new HPS bulb. I run a 600-watt bulb powered by a Lumatek digital ballast. Normally, I run Hortilux Super HPS bulbs.

Is there a cheaper alternative that would give the same results as the Hortilux? I was hoping some of you have tried different brands and can say for sure how Hortilux compares against other manufacturers.

Thanks.

Scroll up

RE: Favorite HPS Bulb Manufacturer?

in Lighting Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:54 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

i have used both the hortibux that you mentioned and also sun systems (knock off)... I cant tell if it was me or the lights that makes the difference in the trays... I like to believe the 30 dollars is worth it but i highly doubt it...
I would think if you are replacing the bulbs semi regular it does add up over a year...
Cant wait to see what the pros think on here.?
Side note i do know two different people who change bulbs every cycle and firmly stand that the lumens are better and therefor their bud has better potential. than on older lamp with diminished lumens from use.

Not sure about that but what do i know...
1000bulbs has all the options if you need to compare

<></p>
Scroll up

in Lighting Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:14 am
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

ive asked the same question before. the answer was buy the cheapos, there the same. I can tell you that the original bulb that came with my hood blew in less then 2 month use. common? idk. I'm just glad that I had already bough a back up or my ladies would have been screwed. I just paid about 60 for a sylvania. Ozzy pointed out a website 1000wattbulbs that has some nice prices. good luck on your purchase.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Lighting Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:28 am
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

IMO it's better to buy the cheaper bulbs and replace often. Your growing gold why not put a few copper pieces out to make it.. The new bulb with higher lumens is just better for plant growth imo.

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 227 (yesterday 415) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: