LED's wavelength/bulb color ratio?

in Lighting Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:09 pm
by Major Stoned | 14 Posts | 37 Points

What's up MC,

I need a some advice. I'm looking into buying some Apollo LED's and have the choice to build my own wavelength, and color ratio.

All color bulb's, and wavelengths available. (red 620-630, blue 460-470, orange 610-615, yellow, green, UV, IR, ect...)

What Wavelength/light color ratio's should I go with? (red:???nm, blue:???nm, orange:???nm)
I know I can't take too much red, and blue away, I would like to have the best all purpose light possible.

What's everyone else using?

I would like as much choice's as possible. The light's will be all purpose. (veg., and flower).

Apollo 4's have four pocket's, Apollo 6's have six pocket's, 15 bulb's in each pocket.
With bigger or smaller model's, does the ratio's change?

I been told PJ's the man when it come to this subject, you there PJ?

Here's a example picture of what I'm looking into.15 bulb's in each pocket, 10 pocket's (Apollo 10).
Apollo 10 450 watt LED. [img][/img]

Thank you MC. Nice site!

Scroll up

RE: LED's wavelength/bulb color ratio?

in Lighting Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:17 pm
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

Glad to see ya made it Bro. Maybe PJ will chime in. I sent him a PM about you already.

Scroll up

in Lighting Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:02 pm

Thanks Weedhopper, I haven't been on MP for a while, had no idea about this site. I'm looking forward to a few good answers.

Scroll up

in Lighting Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:07 pm

Allot of really good peeps here Bro. You will get some help. Fraid I cant help ya ,,cause I dont know squat about LEDS,,except that they make Great Flash Lights and TVs,,and will blind the pee right outta ya. LOL

Scroll up

in Lighting Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:28 am

Thanks bro, Lol I still have the LCD, and Plasma TV's so I wouldn't know how bright they are. At least my LCD is a 60", and Plasma is a 42". Got a bunch of LED flash lights for X-mass though lol.

I forgot to mention the Apollo LED's are 3w bulbs. The Apollo 10 in my pic above is 450 watt - 150X3W.

Here's some recommendations I have so far.

red:620-630nm, blue:460-470nm= 8:1 or 7:2

red:620-630nm, blue:460-470nm, orange:610-615nm= 7:1:1

I would like to see more color's. Find the right UV bulb for scent, and taste with out going overboard, Yellow, the right ( nm ) for each bulbs, ect...

Thank MC.

Last edited Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:30 am | Scroll up

in Lighting Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:55 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

It seems to me that PJ used those and are recommended...I know LED have come a long way in the field of growing...Im with WeedHopper the Blinding the pee outta ya...You will get the Answers soon..Or WeedHopper will go hunt some folks down...

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Last edited Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:56 am | Scroll up

in Lighting Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:07 am

Ya see im trying to be good,,normally im doggen LEDS,,but Im trying to be open minded and be nice to my buddie PJ and the LED Users. Weedhopper heep big good guy with big heart. Well kinda sorta,,anyway,OK not really,but,im trying to be good. Ask Duck,,I aint even cussed lately damnt.

Last edited Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:08 am | Scroll up

in Lighting Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:01 am

Should I ask my question in sizing, and lighting?. No rush at the moment, My light will come from China, and Chinese new year is still going on until Feb. 8th. Thanks.

Scroll up

in Lighting Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:40 am
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

Major, you could do what this guy did.

Zitat

From what I have read & come to is that of all the 'name-brand' LEDs to choose from, BlackDog LEDs were the best choice. Their price tag is similar to other name-brand panels. So I was excited to come across the Mars II series from LG LED SOLUTIONS. I was also able to pick the spectrum I wanted, so I just mimicked that of the BlackDog & Advanced models. I was able to get IR and UV too. It took some testing and a lil correspondence with the manufacturer but with a lil effort I was able to get a sik setup :-)

Scroll up

in Lighting Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:40 pm

I don't know if this helps you but this is the spectrum from Diamond Series LED made by Advanced led lights .11+ Wavelengths of Color Output: 760nm, 740nm, 720nm, 660nm, 630nm, 615nm-480nm, 460nm, 440nm, 415nm, 380nm

Scroll up

in Lighting Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:41 pm

Umm pretty colors,,me likey,,course im high,,dont take much for me. LOL

Scroll up

in Lighting Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:43 pm

By the way,,were the heck is PJ. Hes making me look bad after talking him up on LEDS.

Last edited Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:45 pm | Scroll up

in Lighting Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:04 pm

I know nothing about led lights but I like the colors too.

Scroll up

in Lighting Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:31 pm
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

Quote: Weedhopper wrote in post #12
By the way,,were the heck is PJ. Hes making me look bad after talking him up on LEDS.

I'll PM him on a private site, see if I can steer him this way.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8
Scroll up

in Lighting Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:35 pm

Thanks Cubby

Scroll up

in Lighting Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:56 pm
by P J | 72 Posts | 488 Points

Cidly's stock fixture [Apollo] now for flowering is all you need to be an all around light now a days as they have changed their designs over the last couple of years. I was sent two in their new design about 6 months or so ago and have them fully tested and they rock. Not quite as good as the original design I went with a couple of years back, but still very good.

Not sure if you have used any LED's in the past, but it is a lot different than using HID lighting. Veg times are different, feeding is a bit different, and pruning for yield is a lot different. If you are a soil grower far less watering as plants don't dry near as fast, etc. etc.

Tell me a little about your growing style, and I can help make a suggestion in to which light to go with. Personally, for flowering I wouldn't go with anything smaller than an Apollo 6, but I really like the 4's for vegging. I use 10's myself and flower 6 plants under each.

That said, I haven't seen many get the results I do, and the last guy I helped turned out to be someone who couldn't follow simple directions, never got results, then took one of My threads on the subject and turned it in to a let's talk crap cuz PJ can't see it and bashed the company even stating I worked for them after I walked from the site.

In any event, that thread/person taught me a lesson.

It won't happen again.

Attached pictures:
calio.jpg

Scroll up

in Lighting Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:05 pm
by shortbus | 253 Posts | 1304 Points

for someone who grows organic, would you say the transition is easier, b/c feeding isn't a factor? or is that just a small portion of a wide array of things that you have to change if you switch to led?

greenmojo
Scroll up

in Lighting Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:48 pm

Thanks everyone,

I have been in touch with Cidly Co. Est. in 2009, and a few other company's. One (Co.) Est. in 2000 is looking pretty good too, just waiting for there holiday's to end so we can get back to business.
And yes the chart help's, thanks MR1.

I've used the 240w BlackStar, and 2013 400w LED's so far. Grown in Pro-mix Hp.
Next for myself is Earth Juice Amazon Bloom soil, and cloning. Looking to build my All Purpose Light.

Here's Cidly's default spectrum ratio: Is this the best for a all purpose light?.
(Veg., and flower)

red 660nm: 4pces
red 630nm: 5pces
blue 460nm: 2pces
blue 430nm: 2pces
orange 610nm: 1pce
white 6500k: 1pce.

This is what they have available:
red :660, 630nm
blue: 460, 430nm
green: 525nm
orange: 610nm
white: 3000-14000k
UV: 410nm
IR: 730nm

I know IR help's with the start, I have T5's for that.
The right UV(nm) help's with color, and scent.

Thanks again everyone for your reply, Weedhopper, 4u2sm0ke, MR1, Cubby, Shortbus, and P J.

Scroll up

in Lighting Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Told ya PJ would chime in.

Scroll up

in Lighting Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:07 pm
by Melvan | 492 Posts | 2234 Points

I'm sure everyone already knows PJ is my BFF. Also, everyone who knows us knows that if he was full of baloney, I would say so.

I've seen the lights in action and the plants look just awesome. PJ took a lot of time getting things right, and anyone who expects his results the first time around with LEDs is fooling themselves. He took the time, and had the patience necessary, to get everything dialed in properly after he changed over. And, he was smart enough not to change his whole grow over to LEDs until he knew they would work for him.

My suggestion would be instead of going all in from the get go, start with your veg, learn how they work there. Then, move on to your flowering space.

I'd say good luck, but if you follow the instructions PJ gives you, you won't need it.

http://www.greenthumbgirls.com/rq6u659bg...js1vdkn3uxog2bd

Last edited Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:08 pm | Scroll up

in Lighting Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:25 pm

Quote: P J wrote in post #16
Cidly's stock fixture [Apollo] now for flowering is all you need to be an all around light now a days as they have changed their designs over the last couple of years. I was sent two in their new design about 6 months or so ago and have them fully tested and they rock. Not quite as good as the original design I went with a couple of years back, but still very good.

Not sure if you have used any LED's in the past, but it is a lot different than using HID lighting. Veg times are different, feeding is a bit different, and pruning for yield is a lot different. If you are a soil grower far less watering as plants don't dry near as fast, etc. etc.

Tell me a little about your growing style, and I can help make a suggestion in to which light to go with. Personally, for flowering I wouldn't go with anything smaller than an Apollo 6, but I really like the 4's for vegging. I use 10's myself and flower 6 plants under each.

That said, I haven't seen many get the results I do, and the last guy I helped turned out to be someone who couldn't follow simple directions, never got results, then took one of My threads on the subject and turned it in to a let's talk crap cuz PJ can't see it and bashed the company even stating I worked for them after I walked from the site.

In any event, that thread/person taught me a lesson.

It won't happen again.

Thanks P J, I'll go with Cidly's default (stock) setting's above. I would have liked to see UV in there for color, and scent but you know a lot more than I do on the subject so I'll trust you on that. Assuming the above default spectrum ratio is the same as what you use.
Dude that sucks guy talking crap like that, I'm not like that. Thanks again.

Scroll up

in Lighting Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:50 pm

I went online to check out the Apollo lights and man there are a lot of knock off's. I finally typed in Cidly co. and found them. Nice looking lights , lots of switches , I like switches. Major do you know the prices of the lights?

Scroll up

in Lighting Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:13 pm

I have been doing a lot of research on the Apollo's myself. Yes you have to be careful looking for the right one. As of the price's, I can't help at the moment, (sorry). I will PM you.

Scroll up

in Lighting Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:23 am

Prices vary as you have will have a quite large shipping fee, so I tell everyone if you are planning to get one now and one later wait till you have enough for both. Not sure they will sell direct anymore without a minimum, but they seem to change their rules all the time on that.

If any of you have any issues with ordering LMK. I don't work and am not affiliated with them in any way, but I have been working with their tech's on improvements a couple of years.

Scroll up

in Lighting Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:54 am

Quote: Major Stoned wrote in post #21

Thanks P J, I'll go with Cidly's default (stock) setting's above. I would have liked to see UV in there for color, and scent but you know a lot more than I do on the subject so I'll trust you on that. Assuming the above default spectrum ratio is the same as what you use.

Provided you keep your light high enough above the plant and they are not over fed the switch from HID to LED is quite dramatic in terms of tric production and flavor alone with no UV bulbs. That said when I designed my spectrum I added 5000k White bulbs in to the mix which is common place now, but almost 3 years ago when no one was doing it. Mainly because they run so friggin hot and in the past has been an issue getting them to last just due to heat alone. Now three generations in, I am "hopeful" the latest design will fix the issue. The Cidly lights come with a 3 year warranty so :if" issues arise your covered, and they have been Johnny on the spot when issues do come up.

I have two 10's I converted over to their latest stock design. I use them as the first stage of flowering when plants are flipped. They seem to keep plants a little tighter than my custom design and are a little less harsh on little ones. Like most companies out there they build the lights in a fashion that will allow the average grower/consumer to veg and flower with them [which is what you want]. I have a design I did which is a little better in the veg department strictly for vegging and I have a flower design that is a little better that only gets used mid stage to the end for flowering.

So yes, I use their default design, but it is not all I use.
;)

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 527 (yesterday 415) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: