RE: LED's wavelength/bulb color ratio?

in Lighting Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:40 am
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

I HATE to hijack anybody's thread but...

as a n00b grower, I have no #'s to go by from past experience to /3...

I plan on flowering ONE plant in a 3.6 sqft space with a 187 watt (1.7A @ 110v) HydroGrow 200w Sol2 (52 watt/sqft)

could you give me some mark to shoot for on PPM for my nute solution? (and distance off canopy)
(Deep Water Culture)

feel FREE to add any suggestions, thought, ideas or comments in my thread/journal here: LINK HERE

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool

Last edited Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:47 am | Scroll up

in Lighting Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:25 pm
by P J | 72 Posts | 488 Points

Quote: Justa420Friend wrote in post #51

I HATE to hijack anybody's thread but...

as a n00b grower, I have no #'s to go by from past experience to /3...

I plan on flowering ONE plant in a 3.6 sqft space with a 187 watt (1.7A @ 110v) HydroGrow 200w Sol2 (52 watt/sqft)

could you give me some mark to shoot for on PPM for my nute solution? (and distance off canopy)
(Deep Water Culture)

feel FREE to add any suggestions, thought, ideas or comments in my thread/journal here: LINK HERE

Stoked for you,and that light of yours is state of the art, so I am really looking forward to the grow. I wanted to test some of those for the owner, but he wasn't budging on price. I still may acquire one down the road depending on what I see. Curious how you heard about them? They are still really new...

For flowering I wouldn't go over 900PPM's food strength for Indys and 600PPM's or so for Sativas for starters. Your plants will tell you what you can do, but that is a good starting point that will not burn anything over say 12" or so. If you are using vegging food 600 should be good for either variety.

If you get a grow thread going, hit me up and I will walk you through your run with any help I can give you. Be great to show the world what a n00b grower can do with a little help.

PJ

EDIT. Just saw your link...

Last edited Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:26 pm | Scroll up

in Lighting Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:46 pm
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

thank you much

I look forward to your input
(over in my thread )

you are now returned to your regularly scheduled thread. sorry for any inconvenience. [/hijack]

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool
Scroll up

in Lighting Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:42 am
by Major Stoned | 14 Posts | 37 Points
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Quote: P J wrote in post #50
Quote: Major Stoned wrote in post #48
But I have a better price quote's than Cidly's, and Fed-Ex shipped. I my have to look into that company more. I do know they are a Trading Company established in 2000, and Onsite checked. Taiwan EPI chip.
Maybe Cidly can do better with prices, I hope so, I would rather buy directly from the manufacturer.

On a different subject, having your wisdom tooth pulled sucks. Hydocodone's cool though. 3 more wisdom's to go.

Shoot me a PM and we can chat about your numbers and I will see if you are in range. I've got about 30 to 40 quotes now for myself and others so I should be able to see if your close. Thanks Ozzy for pointing me to the PM area. Had PM's for days and had no idea. DOH

Like I stated earlier though, if you are planning to get one light then your gonna be hosed on price due to shipping alone and you may be better off ordering a Chrome from Blackstar on Ebay. [No one is going to admit they are the same light. I have spoken to the president of their company on several occasions, and he ain't talking.;)] The amount of lights also plays a huge role. Had I ordered 2 more Apollo 10's, I could have saved an additional 50 bucks a light. Didn't know that until a buddy of mine wanted 2 more than I had and got a quote for him. ERRrr

My only concern with the Chrome's would be which generation module are they using? I am currently using generation 3's which are what you get from Cidly right now. There could be some 2's or even 1's floating around out there, and there are heating issues with some of those due to the original design.

Ok, I just sent you a PM. Right know I can beat any Apollo LED price's on e-bay. . Hope I'm getting generation 3. Everything look's ok.
Looking forward to your PM. Thank you P J.

Scroll up

in Lighting Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:23 am
by P J | 72 Posts | 488 Points

And just an FYI, Generation anything is from me and not Cidly. I have seen the original design, and used their second and now third so these are my words and not theirs.

I hit you back. Forgot to mention in my PM's, hit me with some links to these places if you don't mind. I need to do some homework to find out who these people claiming to have Apollo's are and see if they are legit. Were these quotes you sent me based on the purchase of one light, or is that based on a minimum order? I smell fish...

Scroll up

in Lighting Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:23 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

Thanks for being her PJ...I know Im very great-full for your Knowledge on LEDs...look forward to reading more about them as I know they have come a long way in a short time...

thanks again @ P J...

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:24 pm | Scroll up

in Lighting Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:24 pm

Ok, that why I haven't run into any of them so far (3rd gen.)
I hope there not fishy, so far they look legit.

They are single order's. I can hook up 1 pcs, 2, 4, 5, and 10 pcs so far. I sent you a PM with links.

Thanks again P J.

Scroll up

in Lighting Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:36 am

Anyone has any suggestion's for different LED Wavelength Ratio's for veg. and flower?. All purpose Ratio is already set. This is for the Apollo Series.

Apollo's have 15 LED chip's in each pocket. ( Example: Apollo 4's have 4 pocket's, with 15 bulb's in each pocket ).

All purpose is set.
Veg. only?
Flower only?

Thank you all.

Scroll up

in Lighting Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:43 am
by shortbus | 253 Posts | 1304 Points

Quote: P J wrote in post #49
Quote: shortbus wrote in post #43

i got my answer. more usable light, so you don't have to feed as much.

i guess technically my question was, "how is feeding different under led?"

...how come a hot mix will fry a pant under LED? but not under HID or the sun? LED has more usable light then the sun?

So there is no confusion I did not state that your plants would not burn under the SUN, just HID lighting VS LED's.

Out doors under the sun plants eat far less "food". One would never use the same amount of food indoors compared to outdoors all other things the same. The reason for this is the plants outdoors have everything they need light wise which feeds the plant.

Indoors we try and replicate outdoor conditions the best we can. Unfortunately HID lighting as intense as it is is limited due to the spectrum light companies are able to produce.

This following example is based on Spectrum values only:

If you were to take a 1000watt HPS bulb and it had a value of 100% of what Plant A needed, It would take 250watts of LED power to produce the same level of useable light to the plant.

Unfortunately as we all know while LED's are far superior in terms of dialing in a color spectrum, they just aren't that bright only producing the proper color pallet. Would have been so awesome to cut a lighting bill by 75%, but most can take the 50% cut and do just fine.

In order to grow your favorite plant, intensity [wattage] needs to be increased for penetration to reach the bottom of the plant which HID's do quite well because they are bright, so what you "see right now" is people growing with half the wattage with LED's.

The first thing I noticed when making the switch, and I used HID lighting, and CFL's for 30 years, is my plants started burning as if they were over fed. I was trying to use the same level of food as I did with HID's. After about 3 months of fighting what I thought was a bad spectrum design on my part, I met with General Hydroponics and spoke to their rep up in Detroit at the Maximum Yield grow show in 2012. First thing they asked me is how much did I adjust my food when making the switch, which at the time the answer was I was feeding the same. He winked and said cut your food by 1/3rd and see how that works. I have been golden since.

Just to confuse things a bit further, I am stating this finding based on "Watt for Watt." If you took 1000watts of HID and put one plant under it and you were running it at peak food. If you took that same plant and put it under 1000watts of LED it will burn. The same is also true if you took a plant that was at a certain food strength for a healthy LED grown plant, and tried to use that same food strength that the plant would starve and eventually die. The difference is quite significant watt to watt.

That's the long if it, the short is exactly what you said in the first sentence "more usable light, so you don't have to feed as much"

Hope that makes sense.

PJ

good post pj, thanks for the long of it

greenmojo
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 557 (yesterday 605) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: