new epic growing adventure ( jungle)

in Grow Journals Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:24 pm
by jungle | 100 Posts | 352 Points

Hello everyone, I'm excited about my new growing adventure and I hope this is an appropriate thread and place for me to share my endeavors. I'm still wrapping loose ends up before I can begin. Should have the door to the homemade grow tent finished today that way it will be all dark in there. I'm planning on buying a camera, somewhere around a hundred bucks..anyone have a suggestion for a camera...one that will take good photos for the contest here....The rest of my light should be here in a day or two. Part of it was damaged so they are reshipping it. My seeds which were confiscated are being reprocessed now by attitude. So they will be coming. I hope they add the new freebies instead of the old ones. I'd like to grow the purple trainwreck they're giving away now. I need a purple strain. Well I'll continue to share some of my grow here and there on this thread hopefully (if it's appropriate) to be enjoyed by others and me to. I also plan on entering some buds and plants in the contests. Well thanks for letting me have a place to vent my growing as it is sometimes hard to keep it all bottled up inside. So thanks and until next time. Oh yeah I just ordered a buddha vaporizer today. Trying to be healthy. That last cheapy one I bought awhile back bit the dust right away and was a real lemon....I believe I did better this time. Mods do I have your approval? If so I'm off to the races but I'm going to run like the turtle. Cheers!

Scroll up

RE: new epic growing adventure ( jungle)

in Grow Journals Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:35 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Looks like a good place for me to put up a hammock. @Dr Green Fang and @4u2sm0ke are the one that are into cameras I think

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:57 pm
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

IMO
just about any "name brand" (Cannon, Fuji, Panasonic, Nikon, Olympus off the top of my head) is going to do just fine for forum post pictures.
I think getting one that uses normal (AA or AAA) batteries is easier than some product specific rechargeable battery
Image Stabilization (IS) is a handy feature that has come down in price and is available in many $100 +/- cameras and can help A LOT with shaky hands

I'm a Canon Powershot fanboi myself (wife and daughter both have) .... Newegg Link
though it falls a little short in the zoom/micro I love soooo much, so I stick to my (old) Konica Minolta

make sure you get a card reader for super easy uploading
(basically turns your camera's memory card into a thumb-drive you can just plug into any USB port and access)

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool

Last edited Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:59 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:38 pm
by Dr Green Fang | 142 Posts | 864 Points

Yeah, this isn't quite my field, mine is more on the intermediate to decently advanced side. I have no recommendation beyond what Justa420Friend had to say.

Last edited Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:38 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:21 pm

ok yeah. I've been studying cameras online and that cannon one looks real good, so i'll go with something like that. thanks you guys, I understand more fully now. That the economical ones are plenty good. i'll get one ordered.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:29 pm
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

I feel your pain on the damaged lighting issue

I've tried twice now to get a 200W 6500k CFL shipped here in ONE piece

packed them back up and did the return mail thing... the box still had the FRAGILE sticker on it, the lady asked, "fragile?" I shook the box (lots of broken glass sound) "not any more" I replied.

good luck with your: damaged parts, bean-mail and new camera

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool

Last edited Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:31 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:51 pm

ok thanks I just ordered the cannon camera, a memory card a case to keep the camera in, a tripod camera holder, and usb cable for a total of $112.00 at amazon. I can't afford anything else so i'm done buying for now All I need to do is get things set up and start growing.thanks for helping me choose a camera.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:18 am
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

Sounds like a great deal.... We expect some great photos... Tripods are great for our kind of pictures.. enjoy

To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one’s self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived—this is to have succeeded.”
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:35 pm
by sin inc | 101 Posts | 934 Points

hey pulling up a set wait on some good pics

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:47 pm

My camera is yet to arrive, but it will soon. I have some pictures to take when it gets here. that's kinda the fun part....I'm sort of over taking someones grow.....so I'll have some plants that have been flowering already......and some clones that aren't flowering yet, and I believe the seeds will be sucsessfull this time, they'll be here in 2 or 3 days...so as soon as I can work some of them in I will. So they will be some pictures in near future....

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:45 pm

Attitudes seeds arrived today....First try was confiscated....second time around they made it.....they did a really good job....here is what came in....

Acapulco Gold 3 fem..Barneys Farm.
World of Seeds....Colombian Gold...3 fem.
Eva Seeds... Missing...3 fem.
Serious Seeds White Russian.....6 fem.
Humboldt Seed Org.....Blue Dream...3 fem.
Low Ryder Autos...3 fem....The Ogre.
Nirvana..PPP...3 fem.
True Canna Genetics Terperella...12 seeds fem. (6 of these seeds were freebies)
Emerald seeds....Trinity Kush....3 fem.
Blim Burn Seeds ... Silver Surfer Haze...3 fems.
Thats it. The ones I would show case of all these are: Terperlla a new strain, silver haze x chocolope and 4 strains from the 70's Silver surfer Haze, and Trinity Kush.which are from Northern California...and ..Acapulco gold and Colombian Gold which a friend wanted me to get.

The freebees are...Eva Seeds Veneno...1 fem. Dinafem Critical Auto...1 fem. 2 free trinity kushes fem. 1 Dinafem power kush..fem. 1 Dinafem original amnesia Auto fem. Dinafem white Widow. 1 fem. 1 Samsara Seeds ultraviolet auto fem. 2 sensi seeds jack Herrer reg seeds. 1 sensi seeds super skunk fem... and 1 sensi seed skunk #1 auto.....

.the only seed I didnt get was freebie by Dinafem hashplant....but everything else came....I thought February's freebees are fantastic I was hoping they were replacing these free ones but its ok. Theres plenty here. any comments tips sugestions are welcome....

Last edited Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:47 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:54 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Congrats on getting your seeds

Green Mojo for your future grows.

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!

Last edited Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:15 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:05 pm

Here are some pictures of some clones a friend has been growing.....It's an unknown strain....seeds that came out of a medical marijuana bag from california...my guess is its some kind of white widow and maybe something else.......so I'll finish growing these....and it's clones,,,and we'll keep a mother.....and I'm going to start my automatics that just arrived and grow with them.... sorry if i'm putting you to sleep.....i'm a little long winded sometimes...heres some pictures along with my odor bucket I made from instructions here at the culture..

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:09 pm
by 7greeneyes | 469 Posts | 1830 Points

Nuthin better then a full bloom room. gotta love it. I do :)

BHC# 711

"When injustice becomes law, then resistance becomes duty."
Thomas Jefferson

“I am not the lifestyle police.”- (my new hero) Pitkin County, CO Sheriff Joe DiSalvo
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:43 am

Here is a pic of an unknown cloned variety at 5 weeks old..........has about 5 more weeks...it looks a little hagged but clones were taken from it at one time.......

Also today I planted seeds. 4 white russians..sensi seeds....3 Blue Dream...Humboldt seed org....1 Veneno...Eva seeds..4 terperella......true..canna genetics...3 Missing.....Eva Seeds.......all fem seeds.

I'll save the acapulco gold columbian gold trinity kush and silver surfer haze for the next time around kind of a 70ish thing see if it brings back any memories.

and then i have some more left overs not sure about them yet.....

Last edited Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:47 am | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:59 am

My seeds are coming up. So far I have 2 blue dreams, 1 terperella, 1 Missing 1 Venemo 1 White Russian thats popped through. I just moisturised some seed starting soil, put in 16 oz Styrofoam cups, Planted seeds about 1/2" deep tried to keep temps about 80 degrees. I put the cups in a box covered them with about 4 layers of bubble wrap, and placed a small sheet of insulation on top of box as a covering. It seems to be working, they were planted 3 days ago on the 14th. Hopefully the rest will make it.

Last edited Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:00 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:58 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

Mojo for the Grow...Ill be watching and excited to see the pics...I use a Canon rebel now But still like my cheapo snapshot....

4 layers Bubble wrap?..what you protecting them from Falling on the Box?

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:38 pm

no its like a covering so the moisture will not evaporate and will help keep the soil moist. like i read one place where they used plastic bottles to sit on top of the cups......i know it sounds a bit whatever but i use what is around. it's working!...... the soils still moist and the seeds are coming up....it's also to keep the heat inside the box so the seeds don't get to cold.... my new cannon cheapo snapshot is a good camera also so i'll keep some pictures coming. Atleast one of each strain has popped. Makes me glad.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:15 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

what ever works for you my friend...I was playing with you about what ya doing..sorry if I made sound Bad...I use to use the Plastic bottles for Humidity domes...Also used Zip lock baggies that worked well too....Congrats on the new Babies

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:21 pm

i know you were....i never took it bad.....after i posted I saw your little guy rolling around laughing....so I was just responding as my boring self....instead i should of said the bubble wrap was so the big buds wouldn't fall on them.....because they're actually in with the flowering plants during the day when the lights on.....and you were making good fun.....I liked it....all cool my friend

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:10 pm
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

Seeds really don't need or like any kind of humidity dome over them. This is from the mandala Germination guide, which I find very good:

IMPORTANT: Don’t cover pots with plastic wrap, don’t use a humidity dome to seal off the pots, or place pots/rockwool cubes in a propagator that’s completely covered! This prevents fresh air exchange, raises humidity to excess levels, and easily facilitates the spread of fungus. The seeds then rot before they can germinate. Excess humidity coupled with lack of oxygen is the #1 cause for poor germination results! -

See more at: http://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Germi...h.YxJmcyK0.dpuf

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:32 am

Thanks Hemp Goddess. I was wanting to read that when I was at their web sight but couldn't find it. I have 100 % germination rate for these seeds. I'm afraid for one seed. It has the shell that doesn't want to soften so it can be shed. I've put drops of water on it and soaked a paper towel and tried to place wet towel against it hoping it would soften but so far I don't think it's going to survive. But all fifteen seeds popped.
Because it's winter time I felt comfortable with giving the seeds an air tight 80 degree environment by placing them in a box with homemade Dome and lid. My goal was to prevent temps becoming to cold for the seeds to germinate. there's is some temp fluctuation when the light comes on for 12 hours and goes off for 12 hours. I use light and heater to control temps so I used this box method to try and keep temps for seeds always about 80. Once they were popped through the seeds were removed right away from the dome and placed in their growing area under their light. If it was summer I wouldn't have a problem shedding the dome and growing mandalas way with out the dome. But I always have a little more problem germinating seeds in the winter and its cold drafts than in the summer when it's warm. I'll keep your advice in mind it's good to know thank you. They need food now. The soil will feed them for awhile.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:49 am
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:57 am

100 per cent germination with the seeds. pic 1 the four seedlings are the Terperella pic 2 the rest of the peeps.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:46 pm
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

Jungle, you have a good variety there. All fem seeds, you should have a good crop.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 287 (yesterday 605) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: