likes and dislike of the small grow tents

in Supplies Thu May 01, 2014 6:21 am
by sin inc | 101 Posts | 934 Points

hey guy i would like to pick your brains on tent under 33x33x63
ive just use a small grow tent a i have to say that i like it but i dont.
1 dont get me wrong i cut down just under a pound and a haif trimmed(wet). this grow not to bad
2. the light height . my tent was only 5.3 feet and when my Malawi gold and N.lights stop growing they where around 4.5 feet
so that only left me with about 1-2 feet of space if that. with the light all the way up. burn the tops bad
3.space for equipment. if you want full use of the tent i would have to mount the some stuff on the outside. i mean i used a 400 watt cool tube but with the ducting on both sides of the cooltube it would make the side of the tent stick out

Scroll up

RE: likes and dislike of the small grow tents

in Supplies Thu May 01, 2014 9:03 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

I only have the light in the tent...4x4..600watt cool tube...extraction fan is on outside tent and I pull air through the tent and light...

I would still rather Build a box rather than a tent..JMO

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Supplies Thu May 01, 2014 9:51 am
by Grower13 | 513 Posts | 2013 Points

What would you build it out of 4u?

#1 Rule......... tell no one

MP BHC.......0013
Scroll up

in Supplies Thu May 01, 2014 10:06 am
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

3/8 and 1/2 drywall is the easiest to cut . few 2x4 and a few sheet of drywall and you got a room

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Supplies Thu May 01, 2014 10:51 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

Quote: Grower13 wrote in post #3
What would you build it out of 4u?

I built the flower room in the Shed with 1/2 inch plywood and some 90* brackets. Built another one for a friend in his garage with 4x8 sheets....his flower room is 8 x 8 x 8

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Supplies Thu May 01, 2014 8:15 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

I have a 32" x 32" x 60" tent. It serves its purpose, and I had no other choice for a second grow area (my primary grow area is a nice 3x3 closet).

However, when I move into my new house, I will have a nice full basement for growing, and I will build 3-4 grow enclosures so I don't have to deal with tents. I hate the zippers, and the flimsy side walls are difficult to clean.

Just my preferences.

Last edited Thu May 01, 2014 8:16 pm | Scroll up

in Supplies Fri May 02, 2014 9:52 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

I have a 32 x 32 x 60 and pretty much like it. I don't use it all the time. When you are using any space with restricted size and height you need to plan for it and train your plants accordingly. You also need equipment that fits the space. I have a small veg space (2 x 4 x 4) and the grow is set up to accommodate those conditions. Most of your complaints actually have to do with the size of the space rather than that it is a tent. You would run across these same things in a smaller closet or box, except not being able to attach things to the wall, which is my main complaint--the inability to tack things to the wall. I like my cords and air hoses to be able to be hung neatly along the walls. Most people keep their ballasts and extractor fans outside the same.

When building things, I like 2 x 4s or sometimes you can find 2 x 3s (cheaper and lighter) and 1/2" plywood. I like the plywood for the reason that I dislike the tents--I can attach things to the walls. It is easy to paint, it is inexpensive, and it is durable. Also, I have a customer that ships things--big things and I have access to shipping crates of differing sizes, so plywood was the cheapest for me when I built my vegging space.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Supplies Tue May 06, 2014 10:08 am
by sin inc | 101 Posts | 934 Points

hey thanks for chimeing in guys. mom i knew you would pop your head in.
dont get me wrong the tent works. its just that like mom said hang things like sidelighting would be very hard using just a small tent, i would rather have a room made of plywood or drywall.. the main thing i really dont like is after a while you start to get lil tiny pin holes in your tent when running negative pressure

Scroll up

in Supplies Tue May 06, 2014 10:52 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

Hey son, how you doing? I like my tent, too. They are especially nice for people who are not comfortable using saws, hammers, and drills. But the main reason I use a tent is that I only use it part of the year and I want it to be real easy to set up and take down. Given a choice for a permanent space, I would build something.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 14 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 369 (yesterday 262) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: