My grow #7 Kandy Kush

in Grow Journals Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:31 pm
by vtwinken | 40 Posts | 168 Points

Thought I would share my 7th grow and it's progress.
10 kandy kush
2 royal kush
1 k MH veg.
Room is 5x12x8 , with intake fan and outlet fan plus another fan for circulation , dehumidifier , heater.
Lights on 24/7 with a RH of 30-40% at a temp. of 74-77 degrees. Light is on 8 foot track.
Fertilizer using: Fox farm trio , Alaska fish , snow storm , molasses.
Ramped up from 1/4 of suggested strength at week 1 to present week 4 and full strength.
Aerated plane water and nutes in 2 five gallon buckets for 3 days prior to watering/fertilizing.
Week 1 500 PPM, watering/fert. every 3 days alternating plane water and nutes.
Week 2 800 PPM same water/fert. schedule
Week 3 1100 PPM
Week 4 1700 PPM yesterday 2/1/14 plants responded very well , great color to leaves and not even the slightest sign of over fertilizing.
Currently my plants are between 24-28 inches tall and I've topped about 8 of them once.
Planning to switch to 12/12 with HPS within a week.
At this point I'll post once a week with pics to show progress.
I hope I've covered all of my parameters, if I've missed something let me know.

Attached pictures:
20140201_100020.jpg
Scroll up

RE: My grow #7 Kandy Kush

in Grow Journals Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:36 pm
by BudGrower | 547 Posts | 1925 Points

very nice, but i have question keeping the light 24/7 wont stress the plant ?

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:50 pm
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

Budgrower,,,Most i know Vegg 24/7,,, or 24/0,,all in how ya look at it. He He. They never are turned off. 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.

Plants look nice,,but theres to many so I was thinking I better take a few off your hands. LOL Good job,,ill be watchen.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:01 pm

weird thing, the plant is a spirit which needs rest

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Yeah OK Little brother,,I want some of the Spirits yur drinking. A vegging MJ Plant needs no rest.

Last edited Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:11 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:38 pm

I've always veg. at 18/6 but this time I thought I would try 24/7.
Odd thing I've notice is the odor from the plants fluctuates throughout the day, have yet to take the time to measure these fluctuations to see if there's a pattern. But it sure does have curious???
unfortunately the plants I have at the ends, 4 total are 4-5 inches smaller than all the others in the middle. I have the delay timer on light track set to max delay, wish it went 5 minutes longer.
Something new I started using is a PPM meter, now I don't know how I ever lived without one, one of the best investments I've made for my growing.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:40 pm

There is no rest for the wicked, and I hope my girls will be wicked good...

Quote: BudGrower wrote in post #4

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:51 pm

Also wanted to add, had a minor spider mite problem the first couple of weeks but kept on top of them with neem oil, a total of 3 sprayings. 10 days now and not a single mite to be found

Quote: vtwinken wrote in post #6
Odd thing I've notice is the odor from the plants fluctuates throughout the day, have yet to take the time to measure these fluctuations to see if there's a pattern. But it sure does have curious???
unfortunately the plants I have at the ends, 4 total are 4-5 inches smaller than all the others in the middle. I have the delay timer on light track set to max delay, wish it went 5 minutes longer.
Something new I started using is a PPM meter, now I don't know how I ever lived without one, one of the best investments I've made for my growing.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Quote: Weedhopper wrote in post #5
Yeah OK Little brother,,I want some of the Spirits yur drinking. A vegging MJ Plant needs no rest.

hhhhhhhhhhhh, plz have some

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:59 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

my girls seem to respond better in my situation with a 4 hour nap each day before going back to work... I dont pretend to know why.. but .. at the end of each "day" the girls look a little tired.. maybe too much stress from nutes and brighter lites or ?? but anyhows i like to give em a bit of a nap..other who need more growth like no rest... i also dont feel rushing the extra 4 hours is in my schedule or best interest..plenty of time ..

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:34 am
by pcduck (deleted)

Mj needs no rest period.

Running anything less then 24/7 just adds days to your veg time.

Obtinuit vermis?

Site Rules
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:04 am
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

There is some debate about whether plants need a rest period or not. But it does appear that there are certain hormones that build up in the plant, that a rest period will eliminate. Similar to animals and serotonin levels in the brain. Nothing conclusive in either direction is what the research suggests.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:28 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

I have personally found that my plants stretch a lot more when I run 18/6 rather than 24/7. And like duck mentioned--it lengthens the veg period. There are some plants that do not require a rest period and cannabis is one of them. I know that my plants stay shorter and bushier, have closer intermodal spacing and grow faster with light all the time. I always get some stretch when they go into 12/12 so I like to keep them as short as possible.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:47 am

not much to add

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:31 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

Quote: vtwinken wrote in post #6

It appears you are in soil. Why not just raise the buckets with boxes or something similar so the canopy is even? This is one of the problems I have found with light movers. Basically, about 1/2 your garden is getting inadequate light 1/2 the time. It has never worked for me to try and stretch my light further than it was meant to go--I have 2 light movers gathering dust in storage.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:30 pm

Mixed my next fertilizer dose 3 days ago in 2, 5 gallon buckets and I'm aerating with a pump I picked up last week.
Fertilizer is Foxfarm trio with the tiger bloom from here on out, also added corn syrup , and snow storm, stopped the use of Alaska fish fert.
My fertilizer is at 1750 PPM and I plan on maintaining near 1800 PPM from here on out with minor adjustments if needed.
Light will come on here at 6 pm pst off at 6 am.
Pruned a lot of the lower foliage for improved air flow and have been carefully thinning out the leaves.
If anyone has any pointers , tips of any type to help me improve my crop please let me know.
[[File:grow 7 042.jpg|none|auto]]
[[File:grow 7 043.jpg|none|auto]]
[[File:grow 7 044.jpg|none|auto]]
[[File:grow 7 045.jpg|none|auto]]

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:50 am

Well I'm a week into flowering, everything is looking great. Day 6 of going to 12/12 I saw the first signs of flowering. The plants have stretched about 6 inches this last week putting them at around 3 feet tall.
Discovered a couple of mites several days ago, removed the 4 leaves I found them on and sprayed for mites, again. So far no mites found since.
I usually spend about a hour each day going over all my plants, thinning and checking for problems. Don't know if that's a lot of time in the grow room for its size but most certainly it a place to spend my time that I enjoy greatly.
This is also the time I get a little nerves about, so much time and care has gone into my grow and have had things go real bad real fast in the flowering stage. But have also learned from those mistakes.
I did forget mention I've been using a foliage spray during veg., about once a week.
Always looking for ways to improve my next grow during my current grow, lots of baby steps.
One thing I have noticed and made some corrections to, though very small every little bit helps. My soil in my pots starts out level in the pot but over time a depression is created from watering which creates a low spot in the middle where the plant is, so I spent the time mounding the soil in the middle. My thinking on this is I want the water to run towards the outside edge of the pot encouraging the roots to grow outward. Whether it makes any difference or not I don't know but it sure can't hurt.
I did raise my plants on the ends of my row and has helped them grow bigger and get more light.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:09 am
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Green mojo

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!

Last edited Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:10 am | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:18 am
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

If you water till you get runoff coming out of your pot all the areas in your pot should be wet but I know what you mean. I always try to level out my dirt after watering.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:14 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

i would be careful on leaf removal. My two cents would be only if dead or in the shade completely..those solar panels fuel the flowers.

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:07 pm

I'm at day 15 now. Just fertilized my girls last night. Kicked thing up a bit with the PPM.
fertilized at 2200 PPM, was little concerned over the level of PPM but 18 hours later no signs of over fertilizing.
Hope my girls don't get much taller, only have about a foot left to the lights max height.
Have been very careful on pruning the plants back just trying to leave as much foliage as I can while removing the smallest branches and lower leaves as well as some leaves blocking light to lower developing buds.
This is by far my healthiest grow to date, Still finding some mites in one area, nothing to be overly concerned about. I go over all the plants everyday and can't believe I'm still finding mites from time to time.
If anyone notices anything I'm doing wrong or could improve on please let me know.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:47 pm
by zipflip | 57 Posts | 259 Points

Quote: vtwinken wrote in post #7
There is no rest for the wicked, and I hope my girls will be wicked good...
Quote: BudGrower wrote in post #4

dude if i had ever kept any woman in my life awake 24/7 she'd of hacked my jimmy off in my sleep frist chance. LOL these plants are still females in one way or another and id rather not take any chances, personally. plants or not haha

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:05 pm

I hope you realize there a fairly big difference between a woman and a pot plant, lol. I've heard many options on the 24/7 vs. 18/6 never heard 24/7 turning clones male, assuming that is what you were implying. Everything is turning out great, so far. It saved a few bucks in heating with light on all the time, just left the exit vent off the end of the hood.
I think the pictures tell the story, unless you see something I don't, I'm no expert, novice at best.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:13 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Looks to me like everything is growing great.

Nice job

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:14 pm
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

Your plants are coming along nicely. Instead of removing big fan leaves I will try to tuck them under the bud that it is shading.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 407 (yesterday 434) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: