RE: My grow #7 Kandy Kush

in Grow Journals Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:36 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

looks healthy....with a foot to go at day 15 might have 1/4 or so stretch left in the ladies..maybe some tie downs as a back up plan?

As mentioned before I have always been told to never remove the fan leaves as they are the solar panels to the buds but rather remove shaded foliage below if its not going to receive significant light..
I am still learning that advice myself but try to follow it as closely as possible...
Good Growin

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:32 pm
by vtwinken | 40 Posts | 168 Points

Day 21 and the flowers are really starting to develop. Tricombs are starting to develop. The tricombs started to develop on the Royal Kush first about day 15-16, now they're starting to develop on the Kandy Kush about day 19-20 of flowering.
I think the plants have stopped shooting upward now. The tallest being just over four feet, the rest are not far behind.
The plants are handling 2200 PPM on the nutes.
Just started using Hygrozyme with my last watering, they say it helps, so we'll see.
Bad news is the mites are trying to invade my grow, nothing to major ,yet but have spent several hours the last 2 days squishing them on the leaves, lots of freakin work going over every leave looking for those demon spawn creatures. So far nothing in the areas where the flowers are developing, but I do expect I'll be spending several hours tonight when the light comes on.
at this stage of flowering I want to avoid spraying for mites, but if things start getting nasty I may have to.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Might I suggest adding some sns209 to the resi? maybe have a few days to feed to help repel to the end. by no means will it eradicate but might help.. others have said its good to stop using before the end of flower to not have any taste but that gives 20 days??

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:11 pm
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

Unless you like Rosemary, I wonder what that would taste like in pot.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:12 pm

those are some really good pictures...when you zoom i can see residual marks starting on the leaves.. the marks are diff than the trichs..
anywho..I think you need to spray or wash or vaccuum off the leaves ..you have some time but might want to get battle gear if possible for the borg...
good luck

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:14 pm

Lol the borg...
Yes the borg are trying to invade my grow.
Took a aggressive approach to this situation.
Took each and every plant out of the grow room one at a time. Inspected every leaf possible staked them up and sprayed for mites.
Once I gone through all the plants I saw the mite problem wasn't as bad as first thought. Was relieved, for now. So if nothing else I set the borg back big time.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:43 pm

I'm at day 28 of flowering, and the mite war is being raged. Spending a lot of my time hand squishing the mites. At this point I'm not sure if it's a good idea to spray for mites?
Would you spray at this stage? I am keeping on top of them but it's a hell of a lot of work and with 4 more weeks to go I just hope I can continue to keep on top of them. I'm allowing the humidity to rise to 50% in a effort to slow the grow of the mites, with very good air flow to prevent mold.
Will be adding my nutes today at 1800 PPM.
For the record last weekend my nutes were at 2200 PPM. I took a pic of a leave that I believe got to much nitrogen, only two plants had a few leaves that looked like they had been over fertilized?
This about the point in my past grows thing start to go bad, either I lose the war on mites, powder mold starts taking over or I start burning my plants from over fertilized.
On this grow no mold and minor over fertilizing, but the mites are driving me insane but under control for now.
Although there isn't much in the way of odor from the plants I can start to smell that sweet aroma from the kandy kush and a spicy aroma from the royal kush. So far I've never had a grow where the smell became strong, don't know why, but I hope this grow will produce overwhelming odors of kush goodness.
So far I've used most all the suggestion given to optimize my grow and I thank you for the input.

Attached pictures:
kandy kush day 28 007.JPG
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:48 pm

Day 36 of flowering.
Fertilized last night @ 1300 PPM added a new ingredient, Mendocino Avalanche hardener.
By the looks of things I won't be wasting my money on " Snowstorm" suppose to increase tricomb production but if I were to guess the buds would look just as frosty without it, will finish grow using it though. Also used Sledgehammer flush mid week with regular watering.
The battle with mites continues, still a lot of time squishing them by hand.
I've recently read dill weed among other herbs are a natural mite repellant. I'm currently making a spray using dill weed, should be ready to use today, I hope it makes them lil borgs back off, not sure on strength so will do a test spot first.
Other than that everything is looking good, the buds should start fatting up from here on out, but the odor still isn't very strong, I would of thought the odor would start to be overwhelming by now, I hope this is normal.
Any thoughts, tips, suggestion are always welcome.

Attached pictures:
kandy kush day 36 004.JPG
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:28 pm
by HighBrixMMJ | 29 Posts | 129 Points

Looking good, mites are a handful. My room never really stinks much either, but I attribute that to a good ventilation system and charcoal filter. When I begin drying outside of the room and trimming the plants, that is when the smell gets overwhelming, so much so I've had to buy a 4inch fan and filter to help battle the lovely smells! Green mojo for your grow!

Disclaimer: Any and all info, pics, and discussions on this members threads, are purely fictional, and completely delusional, as I do not participate in illegal activities of any kind. Oh yeah, one more thing, DON'T DO DRUGS!!!
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Here I am into week 6 ,44 days. Lost the battle with 2 plants and the mites, they've gotten into the buds. I've been using a small metal stick to remove the webbing and mites many times while lights on. Sadly one of the 2 plants is my biggest one. They're slowing the development of the flowers, but I want to at least get 5-7 more days of growing out of those 2 before I make a decision to pull or not. If nothing else should make for decent bubble hash.
On the up side the other 10 plants are doing well, several are small but should produce 1/2 to 3/4 of an ounce each. Lots of the water leaves are turning yellow, even have some turning purple.
Still using the same feed schedule, water, feed, water, feed at about 1800 PPM.
Have learned a few more things during this grow but I'm still far from any kind of expert grower. It's very heart wrenching seeing problems like mites develop, so much TLC and work, but obviously not enough work. Had some burning from over fertilizing on a few plants but I've figured out it was my fault. I mix fertilizer in 2, 5 gallon buckets and the plants the got burned were fertilized with the last of the nutes in the bucket where I'm sure the concentration of nutes was way to high.
I believe I've fixed my past problems with powder mold with much improved fresh air intake and circulation.
Now if I can just keep mite out of my grows to begin with I'll have it made.

Had a few questions on what to do at the end of my grow. First one being:
Is it a good idea to turn the lights out (total darkness) 2-3 days before I pull the plants?
Is it a good idea to let the soil dry out before I pull the plants?
These are a few things I've heard to do to increase potency.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:06 pm

sorry to hear that the mites won some of the battles...
looking good..
great to hear some of the battles sounds like you won..fight on..

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:56 pm
by Hermione | 8 Posts | 45 Points

I always thought kushes have best flavor keep up the good work

Get high and scoot
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:45 pm

I agree, most everyone I know prefers sativa but I'm a indicia kinda person, The kandy kush has a wonderful flavor, very sweet smelling and taste.

Quote: Hermione wrote in post #37
I always thought kushes have best flavor keep up the good work

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:06 pm

Day 51 and I've had to pull 4 of my girls because of mites. They're not as filled out as I would like but my first sample of the Royal Kush was very stony, not to bad for uncured and a little on the wet side but burnable. The plant could of gone for another 4-5 days but at least half of the tricombs were cloudy.
Looks like I should be pulling the rest sometime this coming week.
So my 7th grow has turned out somewhat disappointing because of the mites, but what do ya do...
Going to start grow #8 in about 2 weeks and will much more aggressive in mite prevention, live and learn.
So far I've trimmed up and jarred the Royal Kush, once dried should be between 1/2 and 3/4 ounces from one plant and the others I've pulled so far should yield 3-4 ounces once dried.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:10 pm

man...sorry bout those mites...looks like they go everywhere in pic 1..
Great work though

<></p>
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 259 (yesterday 434) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: