RE: Mono's 1st Grow

in Grow Journals Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:44 pm
by Hushpuppy | 77 Posts | 323 Points

Hey Mono the clones are looking good bro. On the plant with issues, I wonder if they are now staying too low in pH since you are in soilless and not hydro. In a hydro system you have to set the reservoir at one end of the pH spectrum and allow it to drift several days to the other end of the pH spectrum. But you are in soilless which will not drift nearly as much. I would say to set the pH of your watering solution at 5.5-5.7 for watering the plants. Even if it drifts up in the soil, when you water it again, it will bring it back down. You also may want to get some cal/mag to add to the feeding regimen at about 2ml per gallon of water/solution. I wouldn't use the lime in a synthetic grow as there is no microbe action to help the plants take in the cal/mag from the lime. I would also be feeding them around 700-800ppm by 7weeks. I hope this helps my friend :-)

Doctor Madbud

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:05 pm
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

i thought that using GH means that I should follow hydro ph. On the soil I am a complete dits. I honestly went with what I thought was the easiest for me to go with and went with it.

So, I should not use lime in the mix? Just promix bx and perlite? stick with the gh nutes and ph my water to 5.5-5.7 without drifting? Buy some cal - mag and add 2ml per gallon. I am at 700-800 ppm, so I should be good there. My ph i was at about 6

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:10 pm

I have another question too. On this auto, should I cut the wild branches and just let three main ones do what they do?

Attached pictures:
image.jpg

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:28 am
by shortbus | 253 Posts | 1304 Points

Quote: Monoxide wrote in post #52
i thought that using GH means that I should follow hydro ph. On the soil I am a complete dits. I honestly went with what I thought was the easiest for me to go with and went with it.

So, I should not use lime in the mix? Just promix bx and perlite? stick with the gh nutes and ph my water to 5.5-5.7 without drifting? Buy some cal - mag and add 2ml per gallon. I am at 700-800 ppm, so I should be good there. My ph i was at about 6

re-read what hush wrote. when doing a standard hydro grow. the nute solution in your reservoir will drift more then the soiless mix that you are using. since your soiless mix will drift less, what you want to do is make your ph range tighter.

so instead of phing to 5.3-5.5 and letting it drift to 6.1-6.3. you should ph to 5.5-5.7, and since your soiless mix will drift less, you should end up around a ph of 6 - 6.1 before you end up feeding again.

your feeding schedule:

monday - feed nute solution ph'd to 5.5
tuesday -
wednesday - feed water ph'd to 5.9
thursday -
friday - feed nute solution ph'd 5.5
saturday -
sunday - feed water ph'd to 5.9

remember the info we give you is not set in stone. you have to modify everything to fit YOU and YOUR grow. for instance, yes the schedule above will work well, BUT not if you have small plants in very large pots. the plants will not have enough time to soak up all the water within the soilless mix every 2 days. so you have to change the schedule until the plants fill the larger pots with roots.

...all this time talking about ph and ppm's just makes my love for organics even stronger.

EDIT:

i remember mentioning the lime briefly in a pm to you. the lime is essentially worthless in your setup. lime is a raw organic soil amendment, it must be broken down by the microbial life that lives in soil(ex. bacteria, fungi, protozoa, nematodes). until it's broken down(chelation), it is of no use to the plants. you do not grow in soil. your soiless mix is inert and therefore does not have any microbes. the nutrients(GH3) you are feeding your plants have synthetic chelates in it to allow your plants to absorb the nutes.

greenmojo

Last edited Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:38 am | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:31 am

i need to get the solution to calibrate my ph pen. i think its off. I have been using the drops and its really hard to tell what my ph is by it. the colors are so dang close, idk how anyone could tell a 6.0 to a 6.3 to a 6.5.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:35 am

...all this time talking about ph and ppm's just makes my love for organics even stronger.

I think that maybe its a lot to deal with at first, but once you get a good formula down it probably is easier then dealing with ph and ppm.

it would be nice to be able to have a watering wand and just water the plants lol

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:48 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

no one said growing was easy...

I hate PHing..I like Lime

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:25 pm
by Hushpuppy | 77 Posts | 323 Points

I find organics to be more of a headache than constantly pH'ing the solutions. I think everyone has their likes and dislikes. That is why growing methods are so subjective as there is no single best way to do things, and MJ is a very dynamic plant that requires a dynamic environment :-)

Doctor Madbud

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:19 pm
by shortbus | 253 Posts | 1304 Points

Quote: Hushpuppy wrote in post #58
I find organics to be more of a headache than constantly pH'ing the solutions. I think everyone has their likes and dislikes. That is why growing methods are so subjective as there is no single best way to do things, and MJ is a very dynamic plant that requires a dynamic environment :-)

i love the way i have my grows setup. loads of prep work, then "just add water"

greenmojo
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:25 am

How close to the 1000w light should I be? Put some plants in to show.

Attached pictures:
image.jpg

Last edited Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:26 am | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:38 am
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

Put a temp probe at the level of your canopy and raise or lower your light depending on what temp you want ,my 430 watt is about 12'' away from top of plants for a temp of 75 ish. You can use fans to regulate heat

Last edited Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:39 am | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:12 am

does this look like alt nodes?

Attached pictures:
image.jpg

Last edited Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:13 am | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:15 am
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

Yes, on the second picture, can't see the first.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:44 am

Yea, i deleted it because it didnt come out good.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:37 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

I keep my 1000W about 12" away from the canopy.

Yes, you do have alternating nodes.

Like Hush, I find organics to be more of a headache than hydro too. The organic super soil I use has about 12 different ingredients. You need to mix everything up, let it cook for a month or so turning it every day. I found that even with super soil that mj is such a high energy plant that I have to supplement the super soil with organic teas. They have 4 or more different ingredients, too that need to bubble for a day or 2 and then strained so you can use them. I like the things I consume to be organic, but for my inside garden, I personally have found hydro to better for me. So, don't go organic because you believe it will be less work--because it isn't. Keep in mind that this isn't like growing tomatoes and there is always going to be a lot of work involved if you want to have good harvests.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:37 pm

Here is a pic of the kali 47. bushing out nicely. I would like to see it get taller.

Attached pictures:
image.jpg

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:54 pm
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

I find organics to never be a headache. I admit i have never grown marijuana any other way, but it isn't hard, or I wouldn't do it.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:04 pm

LOL--just wait until you put it into 12/12....it will get taller. Your plant looks great, nice and bushy with close intermodal growth, just the way you want it to. You will get some stretch in flowering, so I wouldn't worry at all about height. You are doing a great job.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Quote: Rosebud wrote in post #67
I find organics to never be a headache. I admit i have never grown marijuana any other way, but it isn't hard, or I wouldn't do it.

Rosebud has a way with her plants. I have to say that none of my organic plants ever looked as good as hers. For some reason (that I can't figure out), my outdoor vegetables do excellent with organics. I just can't seem to transfer that over to my ummmm indoor plants.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:40 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

i like my synthetic nutrients...i have to say it..they are easy..tons of buffers...and hey its just water..toss it and flush and start over if you have to...
a good cure and nobody calls me on the synthetics....
sold out is common....maybe i should learn to grow more.. maybe....

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:39 pm

i made this for each of my veg'ing plants. lets see how it goes.

Attached pictures:
image.jpg

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:19 pm

fits good

Attached pictures:
image.jpg

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:42 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

looks perfect..well done..

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:30 pm

I do have a question. Should I be trimming back some of the bigger leafs, to let more light on the nodes?

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:11 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

no the big leaves arewhere the energy comes from for bigger bud growth

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 269 (yesterday 314) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: