Possible grow change

in Beginners Starting out Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:52 am
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

I started the thread here, but I think maybe we need a "General Grow Questions" Section.

Right now I am on a perpetual grow cycle. Moving 2 plants into flower monthly twice a month. Sometimes they over lap and I end up with 6 plants in my 4x4 tent. In my opinion, I think its too cramped, but i am still fairly new. I was going to try to lollipop the hell out of it and hopefully that would help.

I met a guy on CoD Ghost and he was saying that he is a MJ prof in California. He said that I could just plant 16 clones "once they root" and throw them in a 1 gal pot let them make there transition to the soil for maybe 2-3 days and put them straight into flower. He said I will have more or the same quality colas and less trimming then the way I am setup. Agree or Disagree.

I know that it would cut down time for sure. I wouldn't have to veg really at all. The only problem would be, how would I get my next gen of clones if the plants are going into flower that quickly.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

RE: Possible grow change

in Beginners Starting out Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:02 am
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Sounds like he was talking the Sea of Green method of keeping a mom and taking clones straight to flowering.

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:07 am

Quote: ozzydiodude wrote in post #2
Sounds like he was talking the Sea of Green method of keeping a mom and taking clones straight to flowering.

Do you think that it would be better to grow 16 small plants to 6 big plants?

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:24 am
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

I have tried the SOG method and did not feel I got as much off the grows. Yes you get a bunch of top colas that are all close to each other in size but you dont get as much smaller buds

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:52 am
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

The big issue here is plant count. The answer is you can get as much using a sea of green method, as any other method. It does require dialing everything in for that particular set up. However, in places that only allow 6 plants, this method is not very productive.

Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:23 am
by LEFTHAND | 111 Posts | 418 Points

What are you running for a light ??
Tbh I find 4-6 to be the right amount in a 4x4. Pending on size/style/training done
I've done 8-9 w/1200w and found it cramped n penatration the craps yeild was less then what I pulled off 6
I got a 1k n ATM putting in smaller sexually mature seedlings in hunting fer meds
Then back to 5-6 bigs in a cpl months.

I just started a sog style in my 3x3. Not a true one but got rid of 10 clones.
IMO/Ime you should beable to pull 1-2lb outta the 4x4

I would also think you could run 4-6 dif strains n still get same amount off 1 plant vs 2-3 small ones in a sog style grow.
Be quicker ins n outs leading to more harvests but plant count then becomes the issue.

LH.

Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:07 pm
by Grower13 | 513 Posts | 2013 Points

My last flower run had 9 plants(all topped once during veg) 3 different strains(satori, deadhead og, and Pineapple Chunk) in one gallons pots........ my space is a 4x3 space with a 600 watt hps........ I was able to average better than an ounce and a half per plant......... I do lollipop my plants and keep them under 2 ft tall in veg.

#1 Rule......... tell no one

MP BHC.......0013
Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:37 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

Quote: Monoxide wrote in post #1
I started the thread here, but I think maybe we need a "General Grow Questions" Section.

Right now I am on a perpetual grow cycle. Moving 2 plants into flower monthly twice a month. Sometimes they over lap and I end up with 6 plants in my 4x4 tent. In my opinion, I think its too cramped, but i am still fairly new. I was going to try to lollipop the hell out of it and hopefully that would help.

I met a guy on CoD Ghost and he was saying that he is a MJ prof in California. He said that I could just plant 16 clones "once they root" and throw them in a 1 gal pot let them make there transition to the soil for maybe 2-3 days and put them straight into flower. He said I will have more or the same quality colas and less trimming then the way I am setup. Agree or Disagree.

I know that it would cut down time for sure. I wouldn't have to veg really at all. The only problem would be, how would I get my next gen of clones if the plants are going into flower that quickly.

One thing to keep in mind MoNo, and I take this to heart myself, is that MJ laws are written in such a way as to base prison sentences upon the number of plants the defendant was caught growing. That's why I much prefer SCROG over SOG.

I have a 3'8" x 3'8" x 8' grow closet (pretty close to 4' x 4'), and I couldn't imagine having 6 plants in there. 3 plants fill that space pretty well, although I'm not very good at LST. If I was, I could probably get 4 plants in there.

Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:38 pm

Quote: LEFTHAND wrote in post #6
What are you running for a light ??
Tbh I find 4-6 to be the right amount in a 4x4. Pending on size/style/training done
I've done 8-9 w/1200w and found it cramped n penatration the craps yeild was less then what I pulled off 6
I got a 1k n ATM putting in smaller sexually mature seedlings in hunting fer meds
Then back to 5-6 bigs in a cpl months.

I just started a sog style in my 3x3. Not a true one but got rid of 10 clones.
IMO/Ime you should beable to pull 1-2lb outta the 4x4

I would also think you could run 4-6 dif strains n still get same amount off 1 plant vs 2-3 small ones in a sog style grow.
Be quicker ins n outs leading to more harvests but plant count then becomes the issue.

LH.

1000watt

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:52 pm

Quote: JackRyan420 wrote in post #8
Quote: Monoxide wrote in post #1

One thing to keep in mind MoNo, and I take this to heart myself, is that MJ laws are written in such a way as to base prison sentences upon the number of plants the defendant was caught growing. That's why I much prefer SCROG over SOG.

I have a 3'8" x 3'8" x 8' grow closet (pretty close to 4' x 4'), and I couldn't imagine having 6 plants in there. 3 plants fill that space pretty well, although I'm not very good at LST. If I was, I could probably get 4 plants in there.

Well, I heard that it doesn't matter if you are caught with 1 plant or 99. Its when you get over 100. So if you have 1 you might as well have 99. Not true?

I think it is cramped in there. Maybe, I should veg less. I am veg'ing for 45 days. The only thing is, is that would put more plants in the tent faster. 4 is perfect in the 4x4 tent.

If you can think of a easier schedule to follow, I'm all ears. I will tell you how mine is at the moment.

I have Kali-47 "K47" 55-60 day flower / Underdawg OG "UOG" 60-65 day flower

k47
day 1 clip clones and put in rapid rooters
day 14 transfer to 1 gal pot "day 1 in soil"
day 44 transfer to 5 gal pot "day 30 in soil"
day 59 transfer to flower " day 45 in soil"
day 119 harvest " day 105 in soil"

UOG
day 14 transfer to 1 gal pot "day 1 in soil"
day 44 transfer to 5 gal pot "day 30 in soil"
day 59 transfer to flower " day 45 in soil"
day 124 harvest " day 110 in soil"

If you were to write that on a calendar, you would see that, that schedule over and over laps over each other and makes me have 6 plants "at some times" in the tent.

Hell I may be better off just veging 6 and tossing all 6 in the tent and wait the 60 days to harvest all, and just have 6 more ready to go back in. Can you feel my confusion level lol.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:37 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

MoNo,

Here are the MJ cultivation laws for our state (Tennessee), from NORML's web site.

10 plants or less 1 - 6 years $5,000 fine
10 - 19 plants 2 - 12 years $50,000 fine
20 - 99 plants 3 - 15 years $100,000 fine
100 - 499 plants 8 - 30 years $200,000 fine
More than 500 plants 15 - 60 years $500,000 fine

SCROG has some benefits over SOG in this regard.

Last edited Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:39 pm | Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:40 pm

well you changed my mind lol thanks bro

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:36 am

So, I changed up my rotation. I'm going with Kali-47, Underdawg OG, and Critical Kush rotation every 35 days 3 plants. This should allow me to harvest 3 plants a month.

2 questions,
1. Is there a way to slow down veg? If I kept one in a 1 gal pot, would it help slow down the growth? or will it do damage?
2. Am I wasting soil by using 5 gallon smart pots and only veging for 35 days? Should I go with 3 gallon?

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:38 am
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

Veg is all about root development. I would not put them in 1 gal pots, i would top them. I would keep them in the 5 gal smart pots.

Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:06 am
by LEFTHAND | 111 Posts | 418 Points

Topping pinching lst
Those all will alwow you to keep vegging a plant n keep it smaller without conpermising root development.
If you were in coco id say go hard. ;)
LH.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 503 (yesterday 605) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: