RE: New Group Grow

in Grow Journals Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:21 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

Quote: ozzydiodude wrote in post #50
nothing @umbra has will be found in a femmed version. He is offering seeds that are made by him. And to be truthful ain't many of the big store breeder going to offer the genetic treats umbra is.

Thanks oz.

I think most of you are long-time growers who have setups to deal with male plants, etc. I'm just not there yet, although when I build my new house (soon), I'll have a full basement dedicated to growing weed and making wine. Then I'll have a setup to deal with males.

Anyway, I don't want to be difficult. Sounds like yall have a great opportunity to grow some great plants due to Umbra's generosity. So go ahead, and maybe MoNo and I can do a duo grow of some feminized strain.

Last edited Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:22 pm | Scroll up
lockThis thread has been closed

in Grow Journals Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:34 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

This your group grow we're just trying to help find the strain everyone wants to try.

We'll be adding group grows as the site grows and more ppl want to participate and others that make seeds want ppl to test grow them here and other places on the net.

It's not so much we're set up to grow males most of just like the natural selection offered by regular seeds and the ability to breed with them if we so choose

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:36 pm
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

Jack you don't need alot of room to veg 4 males, and you don't need a special place to veg them if you use 24/0, I vegged mine in my furnace room. Maybe Umbra has a strain that shows early so you can weed out the males before you get to flower time. Just want to help you out.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:42 pm
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

I would love the chance to grow the gdp x blackrose. quick question. If i planted 3-4 of the reg seeds gdp x blackrose, Once its mature and ready to flower, Could I just close them up in a closet for 12 hours to be dark and then bring them back to the t5 "my veg closet" until it shows sex? or will they not flower under t5. The rreason I ask, i have room in my t5, jut not thee hps

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:01 pm

im going to order these with whatever we decide
https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/th.../prod_4157.html

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!

Last edited Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:02 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:14 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

Quote: Monoxide wrote in post #54
I would love the chance to grow the gdp x blackrose. quick question. If i planted 3-4 of the reg seeds gdp x blackrose, Once its mature and ready to flower, Could I just close them up in a closet for 12 hours to be dark and then bring them back to the t5 "my veg closet" until it shows sex? or will they not flower under t5. The rreason I ask, i have room in my t5, jut not thee hps

Yes.. short answer...my recent seedlings showed after three nights...went back under full 24/7 without too much hitch..

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu May 01, 2014 8:15 am
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

Its all good. If y'all can work it out cool, if not that's cool as well

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu May 01, 2014 8:58 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

@umbra Give me a week or so to see who all wants to play along. I Bet those GDP/Black Rose gets purples???

@ Monoxide Sex can be determine in Veg...I force flower everything at week 5 if not sure...and yes a week under 12/12 and they show for sure...The ones that need forced I place back under 24/0 to veg a bit more..or I just leave in flower...ozzy is correct in that we like the Hunt and Kill...but also we have the chance to make more seed...cant make seed with Feminized..( unless you reverse it again )...and I would not use a feminized strain as a cross..

Group grows are all ways fun to see what others come up with...We been do this since 2010...

take care and be safe

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu May 01, 2014 12:13 pm

Quote: 4u2sm0ke wrote in post #58
@umbra Give me a week or so to see who all wants to play along. I Bet those GDP/Black Rose gets purples???

@ Monoxide Sex can be determine in Veg...I force flower everything at week 5 if not sure...and yes a week under 12/12 and they show for sure...The ones that need forced I place back under 24/0 to veg a bit more..or I just leave in flower...ozzy is correct in that we like the Hunt and Kill...but also we have the chance to make more seed...cant make seed with Feminized..( unless you reverse it again )...and I would not use a feminized strain as a cross..

Group grows are all ways fun to see what others come up with...We been do this since 2010...

take care and be safe

Well ya can't take feminized seed and reverse it, both x and y chromosome are necessary for sex reversal.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu May 01, 2014 12:59 pm

Okay my Bad..I dont know anything about Feminized really other than what I tend to read.. Ive ran a few for people and have Mixed feelings about them..Im not a fan of them but see they are getting better...Im even thinking on playing with it later down the trail...Right now I like to Hunt for the Gems...If a Nice Stud comes along....I may chuck his stuff for either the f2 or a cross....@umbra..hows the move going?

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu May 01, 2014 1:50 pm

Hey 4u2 the move is going well. Movers were here by 9 and now its almost 2, just loading the last of the furniture. The 2 motorcycles turned into 2 rollers, 2 motor/frame combo's, 6 front ends, 6 whells, assorted gas tanks, trannies, and 2 motors.
I started on doing some auto's but never really had a chance to grow them out. I gave some to GreenBlood for some patients in Oregon. I did purple cheese auto x Bodhi's temple.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu May 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Quote: surfinc wrote in post #41
Quote: JackRyan420 wrote in post #38
Quote: Monoxide wrote in post #37
what about these? burmese kush x og kush
https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/t-.../prod_3015.html

I don't know yall. For a few bucks more, we could run GSC or AK47. Or Herijuana.

But honestly, I just want a nice friendly group grow. I'm perfectly fine with joining the majority here. My knowledge of strains is limited.

@JackRyan420 you pick the strain ..This is your idea after all...we can (in my case) get reg seeds from same breeder and chart any differences in phenos etc...Whatever your fancy really...My vote was anything but GSC just to clarify...... Dead Head OG from Cali Connect.???..8-9 weeks...???

Timing sounds like next question when did you want to roll the beans..??
I grow Hydro ..(the guy with too many additives)
@4u2sm0ke is organic i think..
How were you gonna roll...Scrog? in soil?? coco coir?
Anyone else thats in what did I miss...??

My vote is officially @JackRyan420 picks strain...then we gather ....then??

OK, I appreciate it. I just didn't want to stand in the way if yall had a better opportunity that you might not have again.

I'll do some thinking and research tonight, and will try and pick a short-flowering, inexpensive strain for us to have fun with. Give me till Sunday, and feel free to chime in with more suggestions.

Thanks again.

And just FYI, I plan to SCROG mine. It makes for a bit longer veg, but is much more manageable in my 3x3 grow closets. But everyone is free to use whatever grow method works for them.

And I'll be using a soilless mix (Sunshine Mix #4) with added lime and perlite. I'll be using GH nutes. Either 3-part or Lucas formula.

As for time frame, let's plan to order seeds within 2 weeks. Maybe sooner if everyone is ready earlier. I don't want time pressure to keep anyone from joining in on the grow.

Last edited Thu May 01, 2014 7:31 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat May 03, 2014 5:06 pm

OK, it's down to 2 choices (please vote for your preference, winner will be selected tomorrow night):

1. Barneys Farm Seeds Critical Kush (feminized).

Currently in stock at the Attitude Seedbank: https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/ba...sh/prod_70.html

#1 on Attitude's "Top 10 Strains" list. She's a short indica, 8 weeks flower time, couchlock strain, and a cup winner.

$61 for 5 feminized seeds (not including shipping).

She got good reviews in places I could find that reviewed her.

2. Sannie's Sugar Punch (feminized):

Currently in stock at Sannie's Shop: http://www.sanniesshop.com/sugar-punch-f...s-seeds-en.html

$49 for 5 fem seeds (not including shipping)

9 weeks flower time.

Gets good reviews on RollItUp.

Last edited Sat May 03, 2014 5:36 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat May 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Addendum to previous post: Sannie's Sugar Punch is a Sativa-dominant hybrid that takes 9-10 weeks to flower.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat May 03, 2014 6:09 pm
by Grower13 | 513 Posts | 2013 Points

cali connection has strains that come in fem and regular seeds........ Attitude will sell them to you by the seed........ most of their stuff is above average in my opinion........... downside is their stuff cost more.

#1 Rule......... tell no one

MP BHC.......0013

Last edited Sat May 03, 2014 6:09 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat May 03, 2014 7:13 pm

Quote: Grower13 wrote in post #65
cali connection has strains that come in fem and regular seeds........ Attitude will sell them to you by the seed........ most of their stuff is above average in my opinion........... downside is their stuff cost more.

My first choices were Cali Connection Larry Tahoe, and Cali Connection Girl Scout Cookies. But people complained about the cost of seeds. And one person requested no Girl Scout Cookies.

Honestly, I would BE GLAD to help our small group of people buy some seeds for this grow if we could go with Cali Connection. I'm not rich, but I can spare a few bucks to help people join our small group grow. I just wanted a nice, friendly group grow where everybody is excited about what we're growing. My offer to help financially with seeds is genuine, and stands.

The problem here is human nature. Everybody has a different opinion, and I'm the kind of guy who likes to please everybody. Which is virtually impossible. So honestly, I don't know what to do.

Last edited Sat May 03, 2014 7:33 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat May 03, 2014 7:37 pm

@JackRyan420
The critical kush is my vote...
thanks for putting this together
or...if you want cali connect lets do dead head og??? great strain

<p></p>

Last edited Sat May 03, 2014 7:38 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat May 03, 2014 7:40 pm

Thanks surfinc.

Last edited Sat May 03, 2014 7:55 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat May 03, 2014 8:22 pm
by Grower13 | 513 Posts | 2013 Points

I'll do deadhead.... i'm smoking some I grew now.

#1 Rule......... tell no one

MP BHC.......0013

Last edited Sat May 03, 2014 8:24 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat May 03, 2014 9:15 pm

So lets make a choice

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat May 03, 2014 9:19 pm

ok, let's...

Cali, or one of those first 2 I proposed...

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat May 03, 2014 9:41 pm

. dead head!! dead head!!....just kidding... I have grown dead head before...make the call....we shall fall in line...

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat May 03, 2014 9:50 pm

cali or crit kush

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat May 03, 2014 9:52 pm

crit kush looks good...

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat May 03, 2014 9:58 pm

there it is!! lock it up!!
We growin critcal kush!!!

<></p>
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 238 (yesterday 224) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: