cold temps and growing

in Coffee Table Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:47 pm
by bbr751 | 424 Posts | 1841 Points

i recently have been having heat issues in my home, furnace died, cost a couple thousand to repair it. what temps are safe for the plant during flower stage when the lights are of? below what temp is bad?

Its worth a Google
Scroll up

RE: cold temps and growing

in Coffee Table Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:21 pm
by ross | 51 Posts | 190 Points

In my opinion 55-65 are good night temps. Low 50s is pushing it and you don't want anything under 50. What temps are you running right now?

Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.” - Robert Nesta Marley
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:26 pm
by bbr751 | 424 Posts | 1841 Points

lights are off. its 55 now, the lights come on at 7pm and go off at 7am. i decided to run the lights at night,because the nights are still chilly. this way the cool down will not be to bad, cause the sun heats everything up. the high temp today was 40 outside

Its worth a Google
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:45 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

les than 58 in root zone is going to slow you down big time...
Not room temp but root zone temp...usually a bit higher than room temp...
my two cents..

<></p>
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:52 pm
by Dr Green Fang | 142 Posts | 864 Points

I've dipped to low 50's a whole bunch during a flowering session, and even 48° one night. That harvest I pulled 26 Oz's out of a 4x4 tent with 1200 watts of light.

Not sure what that all means.. but just throwing that out there. I'm often 50°-55° during lights off in these winter months. I run two (large space that's why) electric heaters in the room, both on low to maintain standable temps. Interesting though, my tent went up to 95° the other day during lights on. It was a random warm day we had last week.

Last edited Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:53 pm | Scroll up

in Coffee Table Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:29 pm
by Sunakard2000 | 59 Posts | 244 Points

lol i too have been fighting this fluctuation in cold and warm days, its still not warm enough at night for me to stick my exhaust panel back in the window as the backdraft cools the room far too much, its been interesting but iv been able to maintain 80f steady during lights on and 74 at the lowest at night, hopefuly this warm weather keeps up im really looking forward to getting rid of this winter already its been too cold and snowy for too long lol.

As always be safe and much green mojo to you my friend!

Current Grow ~ Sunakard Indoor Perpetual Grow multiple strains ~
~Lemon Twist and Lemon OG Kush~

~~~~~~~~~ BHC Member #810 ~~~~~~~~~
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 403 (yesterday 605) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: