RE: My First SCROG - Jack Herer from Sannie's Shop

in Grow Journals Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:46 pm
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

limit the amount of plants grown and still have a good yield.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:11 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

Quote: BudGrower wrote in post #50
what this scrog for ? to limit the hight ?

Mainly, to maximize the efficiency of the lighting. By creating a scenario where all buds are at the same height, there are no penetration issues, and each bud gets good lighting.

SCROG was invented by users of florescent lighting, because there were serious penetration issues. Light could not penetrate the canopy to get to lower buds.

But users of HID lighting soon saw the huge yield boost that SCROG offers. The only down side is that it takes 2-3 more weeks of vegging to allow the plants to cover the screen.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:58 am
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

Now that you have went through a couple scrogs, will you continue? or go back to the way before?

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:57 pm

Quote: Monoxide wrote in post #53
Now that you have went through a couple scrogs, will you continue? or go back to the way before?

I think I will almost always use SCROG in the future. I don't mind a bit of extra veg time for the increased yield.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:28 pm
by LEFTHAND | 111 Posts | 418 Points

I made a screen to fit my 3x3. Haven't had a chance to use it. Gonna be here soon. But once again had to out on hold.
Been tempted to build one lil smaller n fixed to container to allow me to basically flower pull. N put new vegged n ready scrogged plant.
Then there's no down time for extra veg. But looking like closer to winter b4 anything like that goes down

LH.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:39 pm

Quote: LEFTHAND wrote in post #55
I made a screen to fit my 3x3. Haven't had a chance to use it. Gonna be here soon. But once again had to out on hold.
Been tempted to build one lil smaller n fixed to container to allow me to basically flower pull. N put new vegged n ready scrogged plant.
Then there's no down time for extra veg. But looking like closer to winter b4 anything like that goes down

LH.

I used PVC pipe and light fencing to make mine. The fencing was light enough to cut with basic wire cutters, but it still had lots of sharp edges. Which translates to scratched hands and forearms over the course of a grow, since you have to use your hands under the screen a lot.

I'm gonna use something else for a screen next time.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:54 pm
by LEFTHAND | 111 Posts | 418 Points

That's how I made my first screen never again. Lol.
I actually used an old tent frame. Corners n cut to fit n ran string
LH.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Today, after drying for a week, I further manicured the buds and put them in quart mason jars. I always pack my MJ a bit loosely in the jars, and only fill the jars to about the 75% mark.

My biggest 3-plant yield ever (non-SCROG) was 10 such jars from an AK47 grow. She has a reputation for big yields. But this 3-plant SCROG of Sannie's Jack Herer produced 18 such jars. Amazing. This is my first SCROG, and it turned out so well.

I smoked a bit of it last night after I quick-dried a small part of a bud. And it blew me away. Honestly, it hit me harder than any bud I've ever smoked. And in only 2 hits from my pipe. I can't wait to see what it's like after 3 weeks of slow curing.

People over at RollItUp swear this is the best Jack Herer strain of them all. It made a lot of personal "if you could have only one strain" lists. Now I can see why.

My conservative guess is 12 ounces. That would work out to be about a half-gram per watt. Again, this is a conservative guess.

Last edited Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:38 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:40 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

Good on ya!!

<p></p>
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 88 (yesterday 406) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: