RE: surfinc first journal

in Grow Journals Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:22 pm
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

I have been very lucky with pests. Since I went down the organics route and lots of diversity of micro organisms in the soil, it has eliminated almost all my pests. I think it creates an environment they don't like much, or too much competition for food. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I always keep my grow space clean, and disinfect it between grows.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:36 pm
by shortbus | 253 Posts | 1304 Points

Quote: umbra wrote in post #26
I have been very lucky with pests. Since I went down the organics route and lots of diversity of micro organisms in the soil, it has eliminated almost all my pests. I think it creates an environment they don't like much, or too much competition for food. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I always keep my grow space clean, and disinfect it between grows.

just finished spiking my transplanted clones. love me some organics.

Quote: 4u2sm0ke wrote in post #19
yeah...I doont believe there is a KILL ALL product out there..

for those that run c02 in sealed rooms. nothing can live in 10k ppm of c02 for an extended period of time. do it once a day for 7 days to make sure you kill any eggs/larva that haven't hatched yet.

greenmojo
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:08 am
by sin inc | 101 Posts | 934 Points

yea just got up on your grow sorry to hear about the mites surfinc.. did you get everything under control

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:30 am
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

well tomorrow is day two of spraying based on my 84 temps its like a three day turnaround on larvae... i am going to spray the avid. I dont want to mess around and waste a bunch of days here...
why did i decide to journal this tray again???
kinda like having your skirt blow up with no panties on....(not tryin offend the lady folk)
well maybe i should go star track...capt log star date 1.8.2014.9.28.pm.pst...over and out

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:24 am
by pcduck (deleted)

Quote: shortbus wrote in post #27

for those that run c02 in sealed rooms. nothing can live in 10k ppm of c02 for an extended period of time. do it once a day for 7 days to make sure you kill any eggs/larva that haven't hatched yet.

I have used CO2 to try an extradite mites...I killed many, but many survived, plus it seemed to yellow my plants up

Obtinuit vermis?
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:09 pm

I dont run Co2.. Maybe i should but not likely in the current scheme of things...
I sprayed again tonight...lights off now letting them dry..
I ran the Avid..Gonna extend the veg a little ...Hope its all good ?
Looking at80- 82 day temp and 66-68 sleep temp.. This gives me a three day turnaround on the larvae...so was looking at one more spray in 3 more then start thinking about when to move out//if to cut clones to keep strains..

The sn209 goes directly in the resi ?
I was gonna use it for this tray of kids as they move up and out to flower..

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:47 pm
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

It has to go directly to the roots, so I would say yes. I grow in soil so I added it to the soil.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:48 am
by shortbus | 253 Posts | 1304 Points

[xquote|username="cduck"|userlink="u4_pcduck.html"|usercolor="#a80da8"|link="t301f28-surfinc-first-journal-1.html#msg3977"|title="#30"|time=""]
I have used CO2 to try an extradite mites...I killed many, but many survived, plus it seemed to yellow my plants up
[/xquote]

aww man that sucks. this is the first i've heard someone report yellowing from it. it might be google search time.

greenmojo

Last edited Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:49 am | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:00 am

if it gets too bad...sulfur burner

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:15 am
by pcduck (deleted)

Quote: shortbus wrote in post #33
[xquote|username="cduck"|userlink="u4_pcduck.html"|usercolor="#a80da8"|link="t301f28-surfinc-first-journal-1.html#msg3977"|title="#30"|time=""]

aww man that sucks. this is the first i've heard someone report yellowing from it. it might be google search time.[/xquote]

I believe 4u tried it with dry ice like the dude in the utube video, his also yellowed.

Obtinuit vermis?
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:44 am
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

I am organic so don't use all the stuff you are using, but the spray is only as good as the sprayer. You need to put a piece of paper over the dirt so when you tip the plants over it won't fall out. You have to get the underside of each leaf. and the top of course. Don't miss one leaf. Follow the directions on the label exactly. My 2 cents.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:23 pm

Quote: umbra wrote in post #34
if it gets too bad...sulfur burner

@umbra
i got one of those in the box...back when i had mold in another life ...What am i missing ?

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:40 pm

I would say...humidity or air flow maybe

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:42 pm

@Rosebud, what about some ladybugs? I heard from a questionable source that is a natural way to control the mites?
Do you have any experience with ladybugs?

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:45 pm

ladybugs will help control the growth of pets, but not eliminate them, just my experience

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Any pictures of these plants with the mites?

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:57 pm

i will take some.. i have sprayed twice...first azatrol...
they look great now...i was wondering about the leaves with marks from the mites if i should remove them...pics to follow... iwas gonna get some of the flower room too...

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:11 pm
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

I don't think lady bugs will help much at this point. It is the larva of the lady bugs that really eat large amounts of insects. If you are infested it is way too late for beneficial insects. Good luck to you!

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:37 pm

Ladybugs favorite meal are aphids, mites are their side dish.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:52 pm

today shows no signs and picture are no good...but hey was worth atry..

I think a few webs and a couple nuclear sprays later they look healty happy and thriving....
How long until next wave of cyborg hatch is my question?
glad i started with this tray to jounal.....

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:57 pm

so they look like they are taking off some..much happier and growth is noticeably new and more aggressive.. First run with these two strains so....thats a feeling after the last week or so.....
been busy finishing last days of flower room...
15-20 more days and these girls need to get moving to flower so hope these sprays have done something...
feel like much work ahead tho not sure why

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:12 pm

If you don't see any more mites or unhatched eggs and you are adding sns 209 you should be ok. I kept adding it untill a couple weeks into flower because I did not want to use any sprays during flowering. Just keep a close eye out, There are probably some hanging out in the nooks and cranny's.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:05 am

Ok flower room is down!!! SO excited...great run of J-1...i will add some pics in the show off section asap...
point is clean clean clean as fast as i can to reset with the new kids...
they look good
i watered with a low PH(not on purpose) yesterday so they kinda twisted up today at newest growth
tomorrow was gonna pull clones and clean em up for a week or so more veg...

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:58 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

mites have a 3 day cycle..so if your treating every 3 days for 2 weeks you will win the battle...here is the video I did when I did a co2 with dry ice...hope this helps

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:06 pm

i have been treating ...tonight again.
how did that work??
any yellowing??
thanks for the idea

<></p>
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 442 (yesterday 224) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: