So, our gas lines from our gas well that's on the property are frozen and we have almost non existent pressure until we get pass this cold spell, which won't be for at least a week. The well is on our property, so the gas comes directly to us, no public utility involved. First time this has happened since we have lived here, at least 6 years, but according to the property owner it's happened before when it's gotten this cold (which is abnormal for this area)
Here's my issue. I'm going to have to run a kerosene heater for a few days. Electric space heaters are a no go in this house, wiring is old and it's just a fire waiting to happen, don't even like having the one I use in veg running.
My flower room is dead center of the house. You access it off the kitchen and it's built under the stairs that go to my second floor. I know that running the kerosene heater is going to push the keorsene smell and flavor towards the flower room. My current "grower in training" made the huge mistake of running one outside of his flowering tent last winter, the pot was just god awful, and he had lots of ventilation and a carbon filter. The heater itself was actually at the base of the steps of his first floor, and the kerosene went up the steps and still permeated the tent.
So, how do I run this kerosene heater and minimize the nastiness from the kerosene from getting into the buds? If I'm only running it a week will that be enough to turn the buds to that nasty kerosene smell and flavor?