Help me choose

in Sizing and Lighting Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:59 pm
by LEFTHAND | 111 Posts | 418 Points

Hey guys n gals.
I'm bout to build a mom box. Keep in solo cups n 5"x5" pots.
Looking to house 5-15 moms at any given time.

For me stealth is an issue to some extent.
I think building maybe 2 smaller cabs vs 1 big one might be easier to hide.

Can't decide on LEDs or t5's. To begin with. :(. My concern with LEDs is I'll gave to make the cab taller then the one with t5's.
Cpl muffin fans for exhaust passive intake. All sealed n hidden are my thoughts. Would like to put it away n not have light shining out ;)
Size pending but thoughts at the moment are 36-38"L x 12-18"W x 36"H. Something in that area
T5's 3' strip lights. Or cheap led panel like UFO.
Any input ideas would be great to get the idea ball rolling.
I pretty much think I have an idea on what I want just the path I wanna take is the hmmmmmmmmmm
Thsnx
LH

Scroll up

RE: Help me choose

in Sizing and Lighting Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:34 pm
by tcbud | 42 Posts | 189 Points

I own the T5s. I use them for vegging mainly, tho I have grown out perfectly good hard buds with them. They did not turn airy like I was told they would. If I grow inside through a full cycle, I will use them again. I dont know what LED's cost, but the T5's (bank of 8, 4 foot long increased my electric bill by .25% of my regular total household usage (on 14 hours a day).

I cant really recommend either as I have only used one. But, like I said, they worked all the way for me once when I flowered under them. I always do my clones/seedlings under them and they I am very pleased.

Last edited Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:35 pm | Scroll up

in Sizing and Lighting Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:39 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

I know LED are getting better but also have a High price tag..I like t5 and they are reasonably priced...You said you wanna house 5 mothers..How big are thes boxes?

nice too see you LEFTHAND

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Sizing and Lighting Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:13 pm

You as well 4U
5-15 lol. If I build this cab just to "house" keep em happy n small. I can have another vegging room.
2'x3'x40" and currently running a 240w panel in there. Loving it. Fresh clones to seedlings to 4 wk old plants all at same floor level.

I pretty much house moms in solo cups that I'm not using at the moment then will go to 5x5 pots for the ones I do use.
So I'm able to move them into the 2x3 room if needed to veg out.
So I'm able to keep quite a few at one time in tight quarters.

Haven't built the boxes yet. Trying to decide which route to go.
Way to many options. Lol. But realized I got a ton on moms ATM which all keepers not sad to say. Lol. But need that area my other areas full. So I figured a house for moms be the simplest route to go.

Price on a lot are outrageous mine sad to say is a china model lol. Looking at another model PJ suggested
Not too bad. Cost wise I like the way the veg n able to put at same level.
I went from 400w power in the room n 1/2 way on fan speed controller to 1/4 way n 240w use now.
I'm still iffy on flowering with em. Lol.
LH

Scroll up

in Sizing and Lighting Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:41 pm

Ok I have another need of assistance.

Hoping someone out here knows has seen or used them their self.
Talking bout light movers.
I'm thinking about a 4x8 back to hydro ebb n gro (2gal system) 1000w on a light mover
Running 8-12 ladies.
LH

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 102 (yesterday 896) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: