RE: cloning question

in Germination Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:36 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

No--it sounds like you could have an air embolism. However don't throw them away yet. I never chuck clones unless they are crispy--sometimes they fool you. Why did you buy such a large thing to clone in if you are only doing a few? You can cut that 72 cell tray down and put it in some other kind of container--maybe a Tupperware thing or something like that. You can use about anything for a humidity done--it doesn't even have to be clear, it just needs to let light in.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Germination Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:04 am
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

There doing good so far. I bought this one because I wasn't sure how many clones I would have at one time. if you dont toss your clones, what do you do with them? i dont have the room to plant every one that makes it.

Another question. On the mother plant I was up to about 800ppm on their nutes Does this mean, the clones need to stay at the same? or do they need to start back at 200ppm?.

Scroll up

in Germination Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:03 am
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

Yes, it is sad when we can't keep all the clones we start. If you have too many do toss them but THG, was saying if you needed the clone, don't give up on yet, Clones at my house used to look dead and come back to life.. So if you can toss a healthy clone you are stronger then me..lol

Scroll up

in Germination Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:44 pm

Quote: Rosebud wrote in post #53
Yes, it is sad when we can't keep all the clones we start. If you have too many do toss them but THG, was saying if you needed the clone, don't give up on yet, Clones at my house used to look dead and come back to life.. So if you can toss a healthy clone you are stronger then me..lol

when you choose your clone, do you do it from the rapid rooter? or do you plant it in the 1 gal pot and choose from there?

Scroll up

in Germination Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:06 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

I take many clones..way more than I need...I chose my keeper ater I have them in solo cup and see how they growing...IME..clones taken at the same time and the same way will still start off diffrent...I had a clone that rooted 12 days after some others...and ended up the Donor for the next round....I either give away the ones that I dont like...and keep the rest...Constantly cloning...I been using the Rapid Rooter plugs as I was given a Ton for Christmas..seem to work well

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Scroll up

in Germination Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:57 pm

Quote: 4u2sm0ke wrote in post #55
I take many clones..way more than I need...I chose my keeper ater I have them in solo cup and see how they growing...IME..clones taken at the same time and the same way will still start off diffrent...I had a clone that rooted 12 days after some others...and ended up the Donor for the next round....I either give away the ones that I dont like...and keep the rest...Constantly cloning...I been using the Rapid Rooter plugs as I was given a Ton for Christmas..seem to work well

thats a good idea. solo cup so I dont waste a lot of soil. I may do that. thanks

Scroll up

in Germination Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:24 pm
by Grower13 | 513 Posts | 2013 Points

imo........ a one gallon pot is much to big to put new clones into.......... to much dirt wet dirt for such small plants....... use one a half gallon or smaller then move to a gallon or 2 gallon later in veg to flower in.

#1 Rule......... tell no one

MP BHC.......0013

Last edited Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:26 pm | Scroll up

in Germination Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:37 pm

Quote: Monoxide wrote in post #56
Quote: 4u2sm0ke wrote in post #55

thats a good idea. solo cup so I dont waste a lot of soil. I may do that. thanks

Yeah..i all ways work my way up starting with 16oz solo cups..than about three weeks veging I transplant to 1 gallon pots for a couple weeks ..than into 3-5 gallon pots that they finish in...the picure shows me use a bulb tool..works great for trasplanting the solo cup to the next bigger pot...when I place mine in the 3 gallon bags I only fill it half way with soil..than top the rest off a week later...when i take more cutts

Attached pictures:
1-005.JPG
2-017.JPG
3-064.JPG

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Scroll up

in Germination Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:09 pm

anyone have an answer for my nute question? Do I need to start over at 200 on clones or stay where i was with the mother plant?

Scroll up

in Germination Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:37 pm
by Grower13 | 513 Posts | 2013 Points

I feed mine at 1/2 my normal veg dose the first time or 2......... then let them have full strength every other watering after that.

#1 Rule......... tell no one

MP BHC.......0013
Scroll up

in Germination Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:12 am

I start a High Nitro feed when I place them in dirt

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Scroll up

in Germination Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:48 pm
by Melvan | 492 Posts | 2234 Points

Cloning is stressful on the cut. When I transplant to the solo cups I use GH Florablend only for the transplant, then 1/4 strength veg feed first watering, 1/2 strength 2nd watering, then onto the normal once a week feeding, just water in between.

New cuts to 1 gals are just asking for overwater ph issues. For sure start in the cups, get a nice root base over about 2-3 weeks, then move up to your next sized bucket. If you have lots of roots you can even skip your small bucket in between and put straight to the finishing pot. Save yourself some soil and work.

Scroll up

in Germination Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:44 am
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

all i can say is listen to the pros...they have spoken...ha ha..but seriously all the advice above is solid and wisdom..

<></p>
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 97 (yesterday 588) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: