cloning

in Germination Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:12 pm
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

Is it ok to clone from a non mature plant? Of course I will wait until its mature before flowering, but I need clones asap and I dont think it will show alt nodes before I take them.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

RE: cloning

in Germination Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:24 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

yes you can clone at any time. many grower take "clones" and place them into 12/12 to see the sex of the donor plant

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Germination Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:58 am

Is it ok to cut some lowers off a plant thats been in flower for 30 days? I need some clones and my veg plants aren't quiet tall enough yet.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Germination Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:02 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

you can clone a flowering plant but will take longer...do you not have clones available there ?

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Germination Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:50 am
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

Last batch I cloned from about two weeks into flower, seemed to give me multi headed monsters without the topping...but did take almost a month to root then kick into veg...

<p></p>
Scroll up

in Germination Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:01 pm

Quote: 4u2sm0ke wrote in post #4
you can clone a flowering plant but will take longer...do you not have clones available there ?

I wish.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Germination Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:01 am

i have another question about cloning, so I figured I would just piggy back thread.

Is it ok to keep cloning from a clone? I watched a mj show on TV and the guy said We like to keep the mother plant in veg and clone from her. The 1st gen is the best and we dont clone from clones.

I have been cloning from clones for a year now.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Germination Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:02 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

Some will keep Mother plants ...some will clone clone clone....I been cloning same strain for years....I even ran the gooey Mom which is the 30+ year old strain that Has been cloned and shared for years....IMO the first generation is not as good as the after...another thing with a Mother/Donor plant...that will require a space just for it.....I like clones from clones

take care and be safe

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Germination Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:22 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

I clone from a clone.... Health of the clone dictates health of the cutting in my experience. Would have to assume the same goes true for a "mom"....
I have never wanted to use space for a mom so always cut from the clones a week before they go flower all the way to a week after if I get to busy...
There is always hundreds of cuts to the dumpster simply caise there is no room and by the time I remove the lower branches for flower for each plant in each tray it becomes rediculous sometimes...

<p></p>
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 536 (yesterday 415) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: