What would you do ?

in Coffee Table Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:49 pm
by ZiggyRoss | 37 Posts | 229 Points

I purchased a crossbow from a neighbor this past Christmas for myself, the only present I got. Yesterday we were having a family gathering when some strange women came knocking at my door. She ask me if I had bought a crossbow from my neighbor. Not thinking about it I told her I had. She tells me that's her son's and she wants it back. I told her I would be happy to give it back if she brought me 150.00 that I paid for it. She left then returned that evening saying she will call the cops and have me arrested for receiving stolen property. I was not going to give it to her but while over confronting my neighbor that I bought it from my wife gave her the crossbow. So now I am out 150.00 for the bow plus another 100. I spent on accessories.

The story I got from my neighbor is that the guy sold it to him for drug money and he sold it to me.

What would you do next.
And no I can not go over and kill him.

Scroll up

RE: What would you do ?

in Coffee Table Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:14 pm
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

thank your wife (really? I'll spend $250 to NOT have the cops all up in my business!!)
swap your neighbor's name from "Nice" to "NAUGHTY" (Arse-whole)
and
keep on keep'n on

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:19 pm

Update neighbor just dropped off 150.00 and yes I agree Justa420 but it was still a hard pill to swallow.

Scroll up

in Coffee Table Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:28 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

take care and be safe

Glad it All worked out for you.....Be careful though...if the neighbor sold it for Drug $$$..Hope they don't know your Growing...

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:29 pm | Scroll up

in Coffee Table Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Thanks 4U2 I will be careful no outside grow this year.

Scroll up

in Coffee Table Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:32 pm
by Smokinmom | 755 Posts | 2295 Points

What a mess. I'm glad you see your neighbor stepped up and made things right.

Did you offer to sell the lady the accessories you bought? Lol. There's always craigslist and maybe archery ranges there?

"I have Social Disease. I have to go out every night. If I stay home one night I start spreading rumours to my dogs."
~ Andy Worhol
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:48 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

sounds like all good butmaybe look for better neighbors??

<></p>
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:12 am

Smokin, Yes I was happy he stepped up. The lady wouldn't even give me the 150 for the crossbow let alone the accessories. I don't think I want another stranger at my door from Craigslist lol. Think I will just eat that one.

surfinc, I wish I could find better neighbors but I love my house and the market has not rebounded enough to sell my house.

Scroll up

in Coffee Table Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:52 am
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

did your wife give the accessories to her?

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:05 am
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Write that guy off as someone to buy things form.

Start checking the pawn shops lotta guy pawn their bows after hunting season and lose them because they dont keep up payment. I picked up a nice Mathews for $175 that the pawn shop was wanting $350 it already had everything but arrows. With hunting seasons over you can get great deals right now. But be sure and tell the pawn shop you will be taking it to a bowyer to get it checked out and tuned. If you cant return if the bowyer says it's bad you do not want to shop there.

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:33 pm

Mono no the wife did not even give her the arrows she claimed were her's because she knew I bought them.

Ozzie good idea I have not been to a pawn shop in many many years.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 186 (yesterday 262) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: