June...what a month!

in Outdoor grow shows Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:58 pm
by anglerguy78 | 67 Posts | 333 Points

Just wanted to show what one month growth did for my GSC by showing June 1 and June 29 pix of same plant. My best estimate is that she grew about 2.5 ft during the month. One question about the latest GSC...should some of the lower inner branches be trimmed out to allow plant energy to go to upper larger branches that get enough sun. Even if I LST the branches to allow more light (which is tough given limited space), I don't think the inner branches would grow out enough to support good buds. Any thoughts on trimming inner branches? Any thoughts on keeping her low? Thanks all.

Attached pictures:
20140601.jpg
20140629.jpg
Scroll up

RE: June...what a month!

in Outdoor grow shows Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:32 pm
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

Very nice. I love healthy plants out in nature where they belong.

As much as it hurts, I take off the shaded stuff that won't amount to anything. But I'm biased by my displeasure of trimming (a few big Buds are better than trimming lots of medium), and I only needing enough for me.

Just take off that first shady limb.....you'll know when to stop, you're a gardener.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Last edited Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:33 pm | Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:51 pm

Thanks for that tidbit Cubby...all very reasonable which I plan to do, and yes, I'm a gardener...wish I had a bigger garden...dang it!

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:25 pm

Now into July...she's still growing...pic is one week after last pic with two other ladies of about same size. I added extra support string and tied some main branches to outer edge which gets more light to middle of plant so it really added girth and height. Really need to know if I should be adding Tiger Bloom to start buds growing or keep vegging nutes going. My problem is dealing with height. If I push bloom nutes now, will she stop growing up and start swelling buds? Or does day length have to shorten more than it has in southern new England? Don't want to mess this up.

Attached pictures:
20140706.jpg
Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:45 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

summer solstice is 12 days away thats the longest day of the year. you got about a month before the daylight time real starts to go down. IMO you planted your patch to tight. you ain't got much room for tying the plants down but cutting some of the lower grow off and pulling the tops over would be the best way to control height

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:47 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

She's a beast...nice job...sorry that's an issue
I would do some trimming down low for sure ...clear the energy to the tops is a great idea IMHO
Also recently myself and some friend with different GSC found some that wanted to be HUGE..
Maybe build a screen or start a make shift wall garden or some shizz to hide her instead??

<p></p>
Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:18 am

She's looking great @anglerguy78.

I wouldn't worry about bloom nutes yet she's still vegging nicely. My biggest problem outdoors was always smell. Hiding them's easy, covering the smell....not so easy. Green MOJO too you.

What part of N.E. are you in? I was born and raised in R.I./Ma.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Last edited Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:19 am | Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:36 am
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

lookin good! can't wait to see some early fall pics

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:01 pm

Thanks all for comments and advice. Plants are close because they got so freakin' big. I had no idea that proper nutes, sun, and water would be this amazing. Will definitely try to bend over and support tall branches and will trim weak inners. So far smell is in check but they do smell great upon approach and I have to change shirt after working with them. Fortunately some skunks are in area...yeah skunks!!!

FYI...tops of all plants are starting to dense up with flowers but no full bud yet. That's why I was wondering if more phosphorus would help and less N would prevent stretch. Getting a lot more rain this year than last so that may contribute to stretch. Will try to add higher stakes and strings for support as there may be another foot or two to go.

Currently in northern MA Cubby. Nicer conditions than I thought would be possible. Will continue to update throughout the summer. Thank all. Green mojo!

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:35 pm

July is busting out all over. Just took these pics today of GSC and one top. Note difference in GSC since july 6. The tops on this plant and others are starting to show many female flowers (see pic) so this makes me wonder if they are telling me it's time they want to go full flower. Should I still continue to give veg nutes or should I be mixing veg and flower nutes to start transition?

Attached pictures:
gsc_20140715.jpg
gsc_top_20140715.jpg
Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:17 pm

she vegging like crazy and need all the vegging nutes for the next month

Looking great

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:14 pm

Thanks for the pep talk ozzy. Will keep with the veg nutes through July and see what happens.

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:49 pm
by KindbuD | 152 Posts | 804 Points

Beginning of August is when I usually start flowering nutes they are just going threw their preflower strech now and the more nitrogen they get the more they are going to grow

Keep On Growing
Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:38 pm

Been giving veg nutes as suggested by all but now have a question about stem strength (see growth progression). Today's pic shows GSC lady at 6+ ft tall and about 5+ ft dia with about 12-15 mains. Also included a pic of stem base showing general branching down low. Wondering if the mains will get too heavy with bud swell (nice problem if I can get it). Will be adding more tall stakes and string to surround plants sometime in next couple weeks but look for advice from you long-time growers. I also plan on trimming more inner stems that won't amount to much to send energy to mains. So far so good. Two others (afghan skunk and green crack) about the same size.

Attached pictures:
20140601.jpg
20140615.jpg
20140629.jpg
20140706.jpg
20140715.jpg
20140721.jpg
20140721_stem.jpg
Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:00 pm

See a couple pics there could be a POTM winner

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:50 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

Gonna need a bigger boat captain

<p></p>
Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Very nice.......they're definitely healthy, great job. Green MOJO to you.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Last edited Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm | Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Thanks for the positive replies folks. It means a lot to me coming from talented grower like you. Just got the Tiger Bloom to go with the Big Bloom and, when ready, the Cha Ching. Warm and humid in NE now...great grow conditions. Green MOJO all!

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:46 pm
by Ston-loc | 376 Posts | 1601 Points

Looking great man!!

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:30 pm

So now it's late July and gsc is doing great. Took a pic of her full size and a close-up of one minor top which shows start of real flowering. I suppose now is the time to go exclusively with bloom nutes and some bat guano for top dressing (using FF Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom). The other two ladies are not quite as far along but they also show signs of busting out. These strains need 8-10 wks for flowering so now is a good time to finish by mid October. Any other OD growers starting buds now? Any thoughts on my nutes schedule? You guys are awesome!

Attached pictures:
20140729.bud.jpg
20140729.gsc.jpg
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 151 (yesterday 434) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: