in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:35 pm
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

I thought the show was over.

Scroll up

RE: Advanced Nutrients?

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:42 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

OP here.

Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate them all.

I've been a member of several MJ growing web sites, and I know that most threads that deal with Advanced Nutrients usually turn into flame wars. As this one sorta did. I apologize. I want to get along with everyone in the home-grower community.

I think I will stick with Dyna-Gro for now. I'm getting pretty good results, at least in the vegging stage. I'm using 3-part: Dyna grow, Bloom, and Pro-Tect.

I've tried organic growing (several different recipes), GH 3-part, and now Dyna-Gro 3-part. All work.

All I'm interested in is the most potent buds I can get within a reasonable price range. I don't care about huge yields. I grow only for myself, wife, and her sister.

Advanced Nutrients seems to market their higher-end flowering additives towards bigger yields, and not supreme potency. But that's just my take. And an amateur one at that.

Potency over yield, when a choice is required. That's my interest.

Again, thanks all.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:26 am
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

I would add fulvic acid to your nutes during flowering

Scroll up

in Nutrients Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:07 am
by Dr Green Fang | 142 Posts | 864 Points

Quote: JackRyan420 wrote in post #52
All I'm interested in is the most potent buds I can get within a reasonable price range. I don't care about huge yields. I grow only for myself, wife, and her sister.

In that case, grow with whatever you want, what you're looking for is strain dependant. All nutes will grow it, some will grow larger crops, perhaps a better taste (speaking of additives etc) but as for potency.... you get the same be it hydro / organic / soiless.. it's all in your strain. :)

Do lots and lots of strain research before just settling on one because maybe you like the name and look of it. Read, read, read, and you'll find the strain(s) that suit you most.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:30 am

Here are a couple pictures to help you decide. First picturre is PJ's Lovely bud and my lovely bud . Led's give your buds more resin which is good .

Scroll up

in Nutrients Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:01 am
by Sunakard2000 | 59 Posts | 244 Points

OY VAY!!!... MR1 please just stop, if you dont know what your talking about please dont say things as if they were fact... LEDs do NOT necessarly make buds produce more resin, that is like DrGreenFang said, strain dependent, a particular strain has the maximum potential of producting a certian amount of resin, yes based on enviroment, nutes, soil, CO2 and such you can get the plant to reach closer to its maximum potential, but simply saying "Led's give your buds more resin which is good" is not a factual statement, iv seen people grow some insanely crystal covered buds where you simply break a nug off the branch and a little pile of kief just puffs out, and yet those were not grown with LEDs but rather by improving things such as lighting, nutes, grow method, medium used, temps and RH levels, adding CO2, and so on inorder to make the particular strain reach its max potential. now im not saying that HID or LED is superior to the other because iv seen many grows using HID lighting and many grows using LED lighting, all of them producing amazingly killer buds with insane amounts of resin. what helps the plant reach its max potential isnt one simple thing like LED vs HID but rather everything in a grow being fine tuned and dialed in precisely for what strains that grower is growing. and thats fact...

As always be safe and much green mojo to you my friend!

Current Grow ~ Sunakard Indoor Perpetual Grow multiple strains ~
~Lemon Twist and Lemon OG Kush~

~~~~~~~~~ BHC Member #810 ~~~~~~~~~
Scroll up

in Nutrients Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:06 am

Sunakard, go look at some led grows, growers are saying they are getting more resin production with thier led's over their hid's. Have you looked at any led grows

Last edited Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:07 am | Scroll up

in Nutrients Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:22 am

Sunakard, it has to do with the uv spectrum. Causes the plants to create more resin for protection.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:23 am
by NorCalHal | 14 Posts | 75 Points

Completely False on the LED's producing more resin. Don't spread false crap. I would say they could equal resin production, but not surpass at all.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:26 am

I think we need a thread for LED's. Hal what is your background with led's, you sound quite knowledgeable.

Last edited Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:27 am | Scroll up

in Nutrients Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:28 am
by Sunakard2000 | 59 Posts | 244 Points

as i said pretty clearly iv seen many grows using both LEDs and HID lighting, iv also seen first hand what both are capable of, those big growers like PJ have a finely tuned grow, seal room, CO2 enriched, fine tuned LED lights with different specs then off the shelf models, i can go on and on with every little thing involved in a grow that directly effects the plants ability to reach max potential, there is far far more involved then a simple change of HID or LEDs. they both can produce equal quailty when the grow is fine tuned to perfection and its still also based on strain, some strains produce alot more resin and some dont, just like some smell like skunk and some smell like lemon, its based on what the genetics are capable of, again far more then LED vs HID, sorry bud you can argue this all day but the fact still remains a small grow with 4 plants none brought through to flower and no comparison first hand of LED vs HID or as the threads orginal intention AN vs other nute lines,.. and making such bold claims leads me to believe you have many many years worth of experience growing MJ indoors, yet you havent...

also NO we do NOT need a LED thread so you can argue about that crap too... its all been said before and i guess i can say it again, its purely based on a fine tuned enviroment and the strain... a plant can only produce so much resin and thats etched in stone so to speak within the plants genetics, you cant change how much it can produce, ie its max potential, you can only help it reach that point, once its achieved max potential thats it, no LED or HID, organic or hydro, indoor or outdoor, will push it past what its capable of, thats just science bro.

As always be safe and much green mojo to you my friend!

Current Grow ~ Sunakard Indoor Perpetual Grow multiple strains ~
~Lemon Twist and Lemon OG Kush~

~~~~~~~~~ BHC Member #810 ~~~~~~~~~

Last edited Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:34 am | Scroll up

in Nutrients Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:44 am

Sunakard , why are you so angry, that is so sad. As far as you attacking my growing skills, you know nothing about me, I was growing when you were still a gleam in your daddy'y eye. Where are the pictures of your grow, I have not seen any lately. Led thread, would be good for people who want to learn about new technology and if you don't like the info than state your opinion without all the hate., Sunakard, you can stay in your box with Hal.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:46 am

'also NO we do NOT need a LED thread so you can argue about that crap too,'
Bad Sunakard.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:47 am
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

really?

now this thread is going to veer off into LED vs HID

seriously?

why not puppies vs kittens
or
Ford vs Chevy

both (pointless arguments) are about as helpful to the OP as this thread has become

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool
Scroll up

in Nutrients Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:49 am

I agree. Close this thread. Ford sucks

Last edited Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:50 am | Scroll up

in Nutrients Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:05 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

Hi NorCalHal,

I remember you from the old site. If I remember correctly, you:

1. Use ProMix BX, with 2 tbs dolomite lime added per gallon.
2. Use GH 2-part (Grow and Bloom).
3. Use MH lighting for veg, and HPS for flower.
4. Use no additives.

Is this correct?

Thank you.

Last edited Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:05 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 26 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 411 (yesterday 457) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: