RE: Advanced Nutrients?

in Nutrients Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:31 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

Quote: Ruffy wrote in post #21
funny how the world leans towards the pricer chem lines when they could get the same results when using purly organic amendmants.
less problems, easier to fix, no ppm ph ect testing. mix, add water and grow. the bigger u get your plants the better they do, clones run way better and having a sustainable garden, environmentally controlled. safer healthier product period!

Hi Ruffy,

I myself have grown organically for a few years, with good results. I grew indicas with short flowering periods. And I used Super Soil (a newer modified version) that I mixed myself. And like I said, I had good results. The plants exploded with growth from the first day they were transplanted into it.

But when I started thinking about growing some long-flowering sativas, I had to wonder if the soil might "run out of juice" somewhere during their long flowering period.

To me, the solution seemed to be soilless medium and chemical nutrients. Then there's no guessing if the soil is still providing nutrients at the level the plant truly needs.

I know organic produces better tasting smoke, but I take only 3-6 hits a day (all at night). So I don't have much chance to enjoy the taste.

But I did like organic growing. Adding only water with no Ph'ing was great.

Last edited Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:34 pm | Scroll up

in Nutrients Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:03 pm
by BudGrower | 547 Posts | 1925 Points

what i believe nutes just u the shape n the look not the real thing

Scroll up

in Nutrients Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:41 pm
by P J | 72 Posts | 488 Points

Quote: MR1 wrote in post #25
Sorry PJ I forgot about my Budding to early plant. I used GH flora Nova for grow and JJ for bloom with overdrive the last two weeks. This was an auto plant that turned out quite well.

I just keep what I am really thinking to myself and say I am amused.

Best of luck.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:38 am
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

C'mon PJ let it all out.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:46 am
by Dr Green Fang | 142 Posts | 864 Points

PJ.. are you boasting? And such itty bitty pictures :)

Last edited Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:01 am | Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:53 am
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

Show em some pics, P.J.,

I've seen P.J.'s grows for a few years, haven't noticed alot of boasting...............just buds.

You got some nice green as well Fang (aka Frosty Nanners).............are you boasting?

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Last edited Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:54 am | Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:04 am

Quote: Dr Green Fang wrote in post #30
PJ.. are you boasting? And such itty bitty pictures :)

Those are MR1's pics not mine. Hardly something to boast over which apparently you agree with. Open mouth insert foot much?
;)
Joking of course.

What cracks me up MR1 is the fact you stated you were about to flower your first plant ever. Then when your called on it, O yeah I just remembered I did flower a plant and then you post a plant that looked to yield a 1/2 zip. Flip flop much?

I was asked to join the community so that people could have someone who uses advanced techniques. I come in to this thread which I have have lots of experience with and post a warning to others, and what happens? Do you really think I was happy I couldn't spend less money and use AN? I can assure you I was not.

Judging by what has transpired in this thread, I'd say you are hardly qualified to give advice based on your experience with AN products MR1. I'm sure others will also agree.

Now, about that apology Dr Green Fang. Seems you owe one to MR1 for capping on those mini pics.
;)

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:17 am

Quote: Cubby wrote in post #31

Show em some pics, P.J.,

I've seen P.J.'s grows for a few years, haven't noticed alot of boasting...............just buds.

You got some nice green as well Fang (aka Frosty Nanners).............are you boasting?

My guess is they aren't ready to see how my plants look with GH nutes, much less LEDs that are crushing their results. You know I am no boaster Mr Bear. I'd rather just sit back try and help others and be a myth buster.

Besides, it's like reading the morning comics and goes great with the morning java.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:22 am

Good morning PJ. You are a funny guy. That little plant gave me 1.3 oz. I forgot about that plant, you did not call me on anything. More like you got your foot caught in your own mouth.
I don't see any advanced techniques, all I see is you putting down other peoples grows down.
What are you warning people about, everything you said is heresay, pictures tell the real story.
You really seem like a mean spirited person. Maybe you should grow some weed that makes you happy. 200 plants to figure out something is no good, OK. Stick to the facts son.

Last edited Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:24 am | Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:33 am
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

Quote: JackRyan420 wrote in post #1
Oh well, at the risk of starting a war, I'd like to ask if any of you have tried Advanced Nutrients.

seriously guys, I don't think he was ASKING for a war, just advice.

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool
Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:35 am
by Dr Green Fang | 142 Posts | 864 Points

Yes, my bad, I thought you posted those two SMALL pics (no matter who posted em, c-mon they are small hehehhe :) ) saying you're sitting there amused to yourself. So I assumed you were boasting.

Either way, JJ works wonders for me. Much better then the 3 other lines I tried, but no I didn't try GH series.

No need to argue :)

Last edited Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:37 am | Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:39 am

I thought they were bigger when I uploaded them, they were in my original post. Facts are facts, JJ works and so does GH, you pick, JJ is cheaper.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:38 am
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

hi it me again the guy with all the adds ...the one (sounds like only) thats has run the ADV for a while...

I was wondering about learning here
Can somebody maybe offer a replacement idea for the following
Bud Candy
Big Bud
Carbo Load
Nirvana..

Im not looking to jump shift away from what i do...but seems to me the pros on here sounded like im wasting some cash where dont need to be..
looking at my bills and costs...Im about 275 a month.. I run split trays to pull a tray per month ..electricity nutes and gadgets...thats between 303 and 507(best yet) grams.. So based here i am guessing my costs at like 350 or so a pound...If i can save i want to ..question is how much and maybe more so HOW?
Im not going organic (YET)

So any thoughts on the matter that has a positive constructive idea to help me grow more quality nugg is much appreciated...

@JackRyan420 thanks for asking the original question it will help me in many ways for sure...
@P J thanks for what feels like your honest take on the matter...
@MR1 keep growin dude I like your stuff...

@ anybody else got some thoughts im around....

<></p>
Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:49 am

Ok man I am going to tell you what I read, try just the Big bud for early flowering and Overdrive for late flowering. That is supposed to be all you need. I only have the Overdrive so far.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:55 am
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

IMO any line of nutes that has 3 main ingredients and 15 bottles of additives beside it you need for " optimum" growth of a plant is ripping the buyer off.

Whats funny is if you find a bottle of either product you will notice that thing were taken out the original product and made into a additive.

Arguing with PJ over nute ao lighting will get you slapped by his knowledge, I know been slapped by him a few times. That why he was invited here by me when it comes to light LED are his speciality and nute he has been doing the research we all need the access too.

Swearing a by brand when you've just started out don't really make sinsi until you've tried several types nutes, because even those you get good results from one thing you may get great results from another all because those nutes fit your growing style better.

Jack in my experience if you have made a good soil mix it will have the nutes needed for any plant you grow. most the ingredients in the Super soils are slow breakdown and have plenty of nutes in them just needing the microbes to digest and make available to plants. I've run plants 2 and 3 times in the same soil and other than adding teas I never had to add anything else to the soil between plants.

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:04 am

Ozzy , he said JJ was crap and did not work. I said different and proved different not by my grow but but by many other grower's here. I will argue with anyone who attacks me and my abilities with no facts to back them up. As far as led lights, that is his thing , I hope he can help out there . Read my post again Ozzy and you will see I did not swear by AN and I did not say one was better than the other.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:07 pm

Quote: MR1 wrote in post #41
Ozzy , he said JJ was crap and did not work. I said different and proved different not by my grow but but by many other grower's here. I will argue with anyone who attacks me and my abilities with no facts to back them up. As far as led lights, that is his thing , I hope he can help out there . Read my post again Ozzy and you will see I did not swear by AN and I did not say one was better than the other.

You've "proved" nothing except four plants can veg with JJ.

That's twice now you are mis-quoting me. I said it was crap yes, but I have never said it will not work. If you are happy with your results then by all means go for it. I also said one can do a whole lot better for less money.

Personally, I choose to spend as little as possible to produce top quality flowers. Had AN been able to perform, I'd have been all over it.

And no you're right, you have never said one was better than the other.

What you did was bring your ego in to a thread and try and go up against someone who is far more knowledgeable with ZERO facts and a slated Opinion based on 4 plants. Then you want to try and criticize me for it taking 200 plants to test it. What if the garden was 800 plants and 200 of them were fed AN nutes as a comparison?

I have not attacked you in any way. You're speaking in circles making things up as you go along is your own wrong doing. It was you who made it personal and started with the attacks because I quoted you in your own words and made you look like a fool.

Let's just try and remember it was your words, not mine that dug you in a hole.

I mean you just did it again claiming:
Quote: MR1 wrote in post #18
I have to disagree with you PJ I am using JJ 3 part by itself and my my pants are doing fine.

and 24 hours later you claim:

Quote: MR1 wrote in post #39
Ok man I am going to tell you what I read, try just the Big bud for early flowering and Overdrive for late flowering. That is supposed to be all you need. I only have the Overdrive so far.

So which is it going to be brother? You are, or aren't going to use the Overdrive? What other nutes you getting, I mean you just said "So Far"

Do you always speak in circles? That by the way is a question, not an attack as you are feeling. I mean it's your words hanging yourself...

So in closing I'd just like to say to MR1 I will forget this thread ever happened if you want to let things lay and try and be a nice guy.

Whatcha think?

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:20 pm

Whatever Billy, you are a hater and people will see you as one. Carry on.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:20 pm

Quote: MR1 wrote in post #43
Whatever Billy, you are a hater and people will see you as one. Carry on.

Just stop.............you were given facts and took offense. You couldn't disprove his statements, so you got personal, and got slapped down. Let it go.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Last edited Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:20 pm | Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:25 pm

Yeah right

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:31 pm

My crystal ball tells me you're not long for this forum.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:34 pm

Are you threatening me Cubby. Do what you gotta do man and keep drinking the koolaid.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:54 pm

Not a threat, I have no power here...just a prediction based on your attitude.

And I like Koolaid, with a little everclear.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Last edited Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:55 pm | Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:56 pm

Now that's entertainment.

Last edited Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:58 pm | Scroll up

in Nutrients Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:19 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

I drink koolaid everyday better than the high fructose corn syrup used in soda pop

Dont like the advice and opinions of others don't give your own then.

Any question you ask in the internet you are going to get mixed answers on most things because the law of averages no matter what it is it works better for some than other. I've watch many grows where ppl grew great 3 or 4 time great, go a new strain and things went bad then they switch nutres and problem solved. and IMO that was just because the one company put something in their mix the other company. the price on the label don't reflect what's in the bottle.

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 1336 (yesterday 457) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: