question

in Breeding Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:30 am
by shortbus | 253 Posts | 1304 Points

can short stature be dominant in one strain and recessive in another?

is it indica,sativa,ruderalis dependent?

greenmojo

Scroll up

RE: question

in Breeding Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:35 am
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

THe simple answer is yes

Here's the hours of reading to get there http://www.greenmanspage.com/guides/botany.html#Chapter 3 - Genetics and Breeding of Cannabis

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Breeding Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:58 am

thanks ozz, i'm always up for a good read

greenmojo

Scroll up

in Breeding Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:00 pm
by sin inc | 101 Posts | 934 Points

i would have to say yes ive been worrking on a strain that likes to be grown in tents and small pots as well does not get bigger then 3 feet at the most. right now i am working with a f6 . if you where to plant 10seeds 6 would be short type that i am talking about and the other four would be over 3 feet and would have probs with small pots. when i breed my strain i used a very tall male as well as a super short male.. that was f1 i am now on f6 and the tall one will still show it face from time to time

Scroll up

in Breeding Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:27 pm

Quote: sin inc wrote in post #4
i would have to say yes ive been worrking on a strain that likes to be grown in tents and small pots as well does not get bigger then 3 feet at the most. right now i am working with a f6 . if you where to plant 10seeds 6 would be short type that i am talking about and the other four would be over 3 feet and would have probs with small pots. when i breed my strain i used a very tall male as well as a super short male.. that was f1 i am now on f6 and the tall one will still show it face from time to time

right, your selections of offspring will increase the % that trait will be expressed. but, what i wanted to know was, can the trait for a short plant be recessive in one strain while dominant in another. i didn't know if the trait "tall" was universally dominant and "short" universally recessive. which after thinking about it for a while(before i started reading). it didn't make sense anyway. because sativa's are naturally tall, and indica's short, and ruderalis even shorter(but that's mostly due to their fixed life cycle).

greenmojo

Scroll up

in Breeding Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:09 am

okay i see where your going with this short long night with this one. i ve been keep up on news with breeding and me and a friend was talking about triggers that you can hit to make that your plant lean toward one gene group other the other. short or tall blue yellow more of mom then dad etc.... he live in Malawi and he has been growing Malawi gold from seeds of Africa and we have been keeping notes. his are outdoor grows. i send him pics of the the grow and he has never seen the phenos . that i have been grow he word he has never seen them so short compact and green usually no less then 5 feet up to 12 where hes from tall and linky medium buds. so their has to be a trigger for each dormant or recessive gene in the pool right. be it heat, soil wetness, ferts etc..... find what triggers what is the key

Scroll up

in Breeding Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:52 am

mine on left snowhigh's on right

Attached pictures:
IMG_20140310_115558.jpg
smowhighsmal.jpg

Last edited Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:53 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 378 (yesterday 314) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: