growing indoor

in Supplies Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:07 pm
by BudGrower | 547 Posts | 1925 Points

helloo guys

i was thinking of it and even had dream of it yday anyway i have spacious house so no problem of space, to get this clear tho i need 2 rooms 1 for vegetation and 1 for flowering right ? what supplies i need to grow 5 plants in each one ? and how much the setup will cost ? and where to get it online ?

thnx n peace

Scroll up

RE: growing indoor

in Supplies Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:41 pm
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

You don't need entire rooms--small spaces can work. I personally prefer to have 2 spaces, but you can veg and flower in the same space. 4' x 4' tent would probably work fine for 5 plants if they were not giants and a space about 1/2 that size for vegging.

What it will cost depends on hat you can buy supplies for. If you are in the middle east, I have no suggestions as to where to buy supplies.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:49 pm

i see, is 4' mean 4 inches ?

Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:52 pm
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

X ' = foot (30cm)
X " = inch (2.54cm)

4' = 48" = 122cm

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool

Last edited Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:55 pm | Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:59 pm

why do they put foil paper on wall in growing spaces ?

Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:03 pm
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

reflect light and radiant heat

bounce any stray light back at the plant
keep the tattle-tail signs of a HOT grow-room from "showing up" to the wrong people

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool

Last edited Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:05 pm | Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:09 pm
by Melvan | 492 Posts | 2234 Points

And you don't use foil paper, foil is for cooking and retains heat, and doesn't reflect all that well.

The "foil" you see is mylar. If you just buy a couple of tents, they're already reflective and you don't have to do anything. If you decide to use rooms or closets in your house, just paint them flat white instead of lining with the mylar, which has to be rehung periodically as it gets wrinkled or dirtied and doesn't reflect as well.

http://www.greenthumbgirls.com/
Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:15 pm

am thinking to do it without tent no need for it, can u tell me wat else i need, i knw this
lights ... wat type ?
wat else

Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:54 pm

You cannot just put a light in a large room--you do need some kind of enclosed space that is sized to the light you plan on using. Otherwise the light disburses throughout the entire space leaving you deficient in lumens. In addition, when the plants are put into 12/12, you need 100% total darkness for the 12 hours of dark with absolutely no interruptions of the dark. A 600W HPS (high pressure sodium) light is sufficient for a space that is 4' x 4' or 120cm x 120 cm. You also need some kind of centrifuge type fan to exhaust air within your space. In addition to controlling heat, the exhaust fan supplies fresh air to the plants--plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis. The space also needs some kind of oscillating fan to move the air around and help the plants develop strong stems.

For the vegging space, which can be about 1/2 the size of your flowering space, most of us use high output T5 fluorescent tubes. I have a 4 tube fixture in my 2 x 4' vegging space. You need fans for this space too, but they can be smaller.

Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:07 pm

i will make 2 spaces using partition using gipsin board ( i dunno wat u guys call it) total dark is manageable, light is ok
now the centrifuge type fan works in two ways ? take in and out ?

Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:14 pm
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

Hey BG, the best reflective material is white paint. So a flat white paint will work better then foil or even mylar. Do your rooms have closets? A small enclosed space is the best.

Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:18 pm

hey lovely rose
yes wall closets but they have shelf and many things i cnt remove, have 2 rooms painted in white

Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:52 pm
by Melvan | 492 Posts | 2234 Points

You can't pick a light until you know the dimensions of the space you're going to use. Once you decide the size of the rooms you need 5000 lumens MINIMUM per square foot (.09 square meter) for flowering, you can slide by on 3000 lumens MINIMUM in veg. Measure out your space, multiple by the lumens, that will tell you what size light or lights you will need. Remember, those are minimum necessary. Nothing wrong with stepping up to the next sized light beyond what you need. My flower space could easily be done with a 600hps, I run a 1k.

You need to ventilate air in and out, and also a fan inside the space that blows across the top of the plants. I also keep a small fan towards the floor to make sure there's good air flow around the buckets.

http://www.greenthumbgirls.com/

Last edited Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:53 pm | Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:07 pm
by shortbus | 253 Posts | 1304 Points

what are the dimensions of the rooms available?
do you have a two story house? if so, what floor are they on?
do you have a basement? if so, if it a finished basement?(drywall)
do you have an attic? if so, is it finished?
how many exterior wall's in each room?
how many windows in each room?
are the closet's within the room's available for use?

greenmojo

Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:41 pm

am planing to use the basement, i will use one of the empty rooms dimensions 5 x 6 meter and this is the smallest, 4 walls, 2 windows, the closets hard to use, but i need to grown only 5 plants at a time

Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:23 pm
by shortbus | 253 Posts | 1304 Points

the 2 windows are on the same wall?
is the wall with the windows the 6 meter wall?
how big are the windows? and the windows are located at the top of wall because it's in a basement right?

greenmojo

Scroll up

in Supplies Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:31 am

Do you understand that even if you have rooms in your basement that you are going to have to build boxes of some kind for vegging and for flowering or buy tents made for this purpose? You need to decide how large you want your dedicated spaces to be. Then we can tell you how much light you need. The centrifuge fan should be exhausting air from the space. You will have other holes in the space to let air in. What is your electrical situation in your basement? You are going to need to make sure that you have what you need as the equipment for growing does take a lot of electricity.

So, first thing, how big do you want to make the box to flower your plants in?

Scroll up

in Supplies Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:43 am
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

You are in good hands BG, you got some good folks helping you out.

Scroll up

in Supplies Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:02 am

Quote: Rosebud wrote in post #18
You are in good hands BG, you got some good folks helping you out.

am sure about this

Scroll up

in Supplies Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:04 am

Quote: shortbus wrote in post #16
the 2 windows are on the same wall?
is the wall with the windows the 6 meter wall?
how big are the windows? and the windows are located at the top of wall because it's in a basement right?

no on 2 walls, but the walls nxt to each other, the window 3 x 1 meter, yes on top

Scroll up

in Supplies Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:07 am

Quote: The Hemp Goddess wrote in post #17
Do you understand that even if you have rooms in your basement that you are going to have to build boxes of some kind for vegging and for flowering or buy tents made for this purpose? You need to decide how large you want your dedicated spaces to be. Then we can tell you how much light you need. The centrifuge fan should be exhausting air from the space. You will have other holes in the space to let air in. What is your electrical situation in your basement? You are going to need to make sure that you have what you need as the equipment for growing does take a lot of electricity.

So, first thing, how big do you want to make the box to flower your plants in?

i need to grown 5 plants in each, and i will make boxes, as for electricity all good no worries

Scroll up

in Supplies Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:16 am

Five plants can be huge or they can be small. Are you planning on growing more indica type plants or more sativa type plants? You can probably get 4-5 medium sized plants in a 120 x 120 cm space. I would make it around 200 cm tall. Your vegging space, can be smaller and you will want to make that first as you can make the flowering space in the 6-8 weeks the plants veg. A space about 120 cm x 60 or 80 cm should be enough space for vegging.

If you build the boxes in place so they cannot be moved, you will want to locate them near a window so that you can exhaust the air from the fan through them.

Scroll up

in Supplies Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:35 am
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

Pictures of room?

Scroll up

in Supplies Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:33 pm

I'm not sure that pics of the room will really be needed unless your basement is in some way unique? I have found that most basements are quite similar. It would be good to know what the ambient temps are and what the humidity runs. But those are issues that will be dealt with with fans and other equipment.

Scroll up

in Supplies Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:35 pm
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

Pictures make it easier on the brain.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 178 (yesterday 314) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: