RE: growing indoor

in Supplies Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:26 pm
by shortbus | 253 Posts | 1304 Points

how does a basement have 1m X 3m windows? is this basement only partially underground? most basements where i live use those little 1' x 3' windows and their located at the top of the wall. often they will only partially open as well.

the only reason i put so much emphasis on the widows is because of how important proper ventilation will be.

greenmojo

Scroll up

in Supplies Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:27 pm
by Flyinghigh | 11 Posts | 42 Points

Hey BG r u going soil or hydro way.?? Didn't see it in any post.
Happy growing..

Scroll up

in Supplies Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:44 pm
by Flyinghigh | 11 Posts | 42 Points

Looking for supplies like lights and nutes,, I would look around the internet for prices. EBay a good spot to look.
I just bought 1 gal. Of each Flora, grow, flora micro, flora bloom, and got all 3 gallons for 115.$ and what a saving I made then the local grow shop.
1000bulb.cum Htg supplies got a good price on 4ft-4bulb t5 lights that come with bulb for 140.$

Scroll up

in Supplies Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:24 pm

4x4 - flower room

- 600 watt hps digi ballast
- 600 watt hps bulb
- 6" air cooled hood
- 6" duct
- 6" carbon filter
- 6" 400cfm inline fan
- 5 X 1-3gal pots
- circulation fan
- thermometer
- hydrometer

2x4 flower room

- 4foot (4 or 6 bulb) t5
- humidity dome and tray
- solo cups or quart sized pots
- hydrometer
- thermometer
- circulation fan

i wen't with a dual passive system. the inline fan is represented by the box attached to the left side of the flower room. air will be pulled from the top right side of the veg room. pulled down and across the plant's into the passive hole connecting the veg room to the flower room. the air will be sucked into the carbon filter, through the duct(cooling the light), and pushed outside.

greenmojo

Scroll up

in Supplies Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:43 pm
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

Excellent Shortbus, is this a working model or theoretical.

Scroll up

in Supplies Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:16 pm
by Growdude | 11 Posts | 67 Points

Quote: Flyinghigh wrote in post #28

Looking for supplies like lights and nutes,, I would look around the internet for prices. EBay a good spot to look.
I just bought 1 gal. Of each Flora, grow, flora micro, flora bloom, and got all 3 gallons for 115.$ and what a saving I made then the local grow shop.
1000bulb.cum Htg supplies got a good price on 4ft-4bulb t5 lights that come with bulb for 140.$

hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/ has all 3 gallons for $58.50 + shipping, one of the best places on the net.

Scroll up

in Supplies Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:22 pm
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

To bad they only use Fedex and UPS for shipping to Canada.

Scroll up

in Supplies Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:52 pm

Quote: MR1 wrote in post #30
Excellent Shortbus, is this a working model or theoretical.

working as in, animated? i mean if i built the room to those specs it 100% would work. the only thing that may have to be adjusted is the size of the passive intake holes.

the room's themselves are to exact scale, but not all of the things i put in the rooms. pot's, lights, etc. i always add that stuff just to give people an idea of what it will look like.

greenmojo

Last edited Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:54 pm | Scroll up

in Supplies Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:29 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

Shortbus--Working model means that you actually have a grow like the one drawn that is up and running. I have found that (in actual practice) I need a fan in my veg space, even if it is adjacent to my flowering room and the ventilation is connected. The air is going to loose significant momentum going through any kind of light trap ducting. I have also found that pulling air from near the floor rather than near the ceiling is better. The temps at the ceiling can be 20 degrees higher than air temps near the floor. Great drawing!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 43 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 838 (yesterday 814) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: