Heated press???

in Hash and concentrates Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:51 am
by my my | 109 Posts | 564 Points

Hi folks,
I have watched lots of You tube videos about heated pressing both bud and hash to imo basically get shatter!?
even tho i grow in water and use bottle nutes, i like to think i try to grow organic as mush as possible.. as in i dont like to use cemicals to spray for bugs, etc. etc.
anyway, I have not bought a heated press, or the heated plates to extract from the ball of ice water hash i made from the last grow.... the ball turned out to be a 44 gram ball.. I make my hash like Frenchy does...
But i thought how cool to press the hash and even get more pure product without the cemicals..
Well, i bought a hair straightener to use as the heat press... 200 f. and i have had ZERO luck getting anything that looks like shatter they show on you tube... mine just turns out to be gummy oil like substance that i can not get off the parchment paper... i have tried .5 gram at a time, and have wasted about 4 grams total now trying...
any ideals???
and if in deed this worked, am i basically making rick simpson oil???
Thanks for input and have a Great Day!-)

Scroll up

RE: Heated press???

in Hash and concentrates Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:09 pm
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

I haven't tried it yet, but if I do, I'll try this way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWCKn-ZvXhI

BHC #6 7/8

Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:29 am
by N.Ewguy | 166 Posts | 698 Points

put the paper in the fridge to solidify it, then try to work it off the paper

Last edited Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:30 am | Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:11 am

Cubby,,, this is the message i get for your link

Content Warning

If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in.

N.E.wguy,,, i tried putting the parchment paper in the freezer... No Luck!-(

Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:40 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

the product does not pop off the parchment papper after in freezer for a spell?....mine breaks off like hard candy.

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:48 am
by N.Ewguy | 166 Posts | 698 Points

some will take a hour in the freezer i have GG4 and it takes me over a hour to get it off the paper multiple times in and out of freezer for 20 min periods

but after its in silicon it turns to almost a sand paste and has no fight to it strangest stuff ever i have gotten

Last edited Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:49 am | Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:05 pm

Humm,,
the only thing i can think of going wrong them is, i have been using the wifes dollar store parchment paper instead of a brand name, or buying parchment made for doing this..
I dont mind investing in the right stuff to do this... But before i did spend the money to buy the correct things, including a heated press, or the plates, i wanted to try on the cheap first. that is why i bought the 20 dollar hair straightner and bought non bleached coffee filters to put the hash in to press on to the parchment paper..
last time i even tried some scissor hash to see if that was the issue... I do get a squish and some oil but like i said, i can't get it to come off. i have even left the parchment paper in the freezer overnight (8 hours)..
maybe i will buy some brand name parchment and give it another try...
thanks for everyones input...

Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:10 am

Ok Guys, and lady or two.
I went to a local head shop 2 weekends ago, and inquired with them on the paper to use.
They sold me a roll of Teflon paper (25.00 bucks)
Guess what????
that didn't work for me either... I had the oil (goo) in the freezer for 5 days,, still can't peal it off like they do on youtube...
Think i will just give up on the oil press thing... and stick with the ball of Hash...

Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:51 pm
by orangesunshine | 803 Posts | 3182 Points

hello my my--sounds pretty frustrating---you were not making rick simpson oil with the hair straightener---if you would be more specific as to what you want your final product to look like---i would give you some how to direction---and i'm sure there are a couple others here that would help sharpen your skilz---we get you sorted---peace

Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:31 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxUUGN4k6HQ

This is basically what i am trying to do... Guess it is Rosin Dab...

Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js4jwu6ERGk

this one is more low tech,, but he is using Bud instead of bubble hash to do it.. Maybe i need to get the right kind of scraper?

Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:55 pm

IMO those hair straighteners don't work well. I have tried many of them with same results....I'm building my own right now with a 6 ton shop press.. I wont be using air compressor though. give me a couple weeks and I will share the build. My Press came in and was missing some parts...I have the rest all done just waiting on press...@my my have you given up entirely on this?

take care and be safe

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:16 am

Yes, currently I have given up.
Have wasted to much good bubble hash.

Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:03 am

Quote: 4u2sm0ke wrote in post #12
IMO those hair straighteners don't work well. I have tried many of them with same results....I'm building my own right now with a 6 ton shop press.. I wont be using air compressor though. give me a couple weeks and I will share the build. My Press came in and was missing some parts...I have the rest all done just waiting on press...@my my have you given up entirely on this?

take care and be safe

4u---always 1 step ahead of the curve---i too am investigating diy rosin presses---please share your parts distributors---i been looking at a 10 ton press, 4 x 11 aluminum plates, rods, thermostats---here's what i am still considering

http://www.eastwood.com/shop-press-10-ton-27516.html

https://www.onlinemetals.com/productguid...1507730234&sr=8-

5&keywords=heating+tubehttps://www.amazon.com/Digital-Tempe...t/dp/B00K7516UG

Last edited Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:04 am | Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:39 am
by Timbrrline | 485 Posts | 1782 Points

Hey, @orangesunshine, I was wondering about your choice of heated plates.
If using plates that are 4x11, what size of rosin bag do you use?
I was looking at 3x5 playes, using a 2x4 rosin bag. (They hold an oz of bubble)
I am also thinking a 12 ton press.
The temp control is critical. Rosin bags will melt if too hot, too long

Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:48 pm

Quote: orangesunshine wrote in post #14
Quote: 4u2sm0ke wrote in post #12

take care and be safe

4u---always 1 step ahead of the curve---i too am investigating diy rosin presses---please share your parts distributors---i been looking at a 10 ton press, 4 x 11 aluminum plates, rods, thermostats---here's what i am still considering

Here is what I went from....shows everything ya will need to get started....

as for the press..I chose the Harbor freight 6 ton bench top. it weighs around 85lbs. I can take it to friends house. Mine cost less than $200...

Here is a peek at my proto type

Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:24 pm

looking good 4u---you the man---careful pressing on that bbq---lol---that be exactly what i look to re-create only with longer plates---you know we love your videos please share your maiden press---be well---stay safe

Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:13 am

Quote: Timbrrline wrote in post #15
Hey, @orangesunshine, I was wondering about your choice of heated plates.
If using plates that are 4x11, what size of rosin bag do you use?
I was looking at 3x5 playes, using a 2x4 rosin bag. (They hold an oz of bubble)
I am also thinking a 12 ton press.
The temp control is critical. Rosin bags will melt if too hot, too long

have not pulled the trigger on anything new just yet---curious about the tea bags 4u mentioned---not getting any feed back on the metal bags---figure if need be i just press 2-3 bags at a time

Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:38 pm

the tea bags I mentioned dont work. I tried another press at 200* and melted the bag into the rosin...lol...I have the Nicron bags on order. And Im not sure a 2x3 plate would squish an ounce. IDK

Scroll up

in Hash and concentrates Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:13 pm
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 275 (yesterday 605) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: