heat & MJ

in things you need to know Thu May 08, 2014 9:27 pm
by BudGrower | 547 Posts | 1925 Points

i always read about the perfect temps for mj, but wat if its too hot wat are effects on the plant ?

Scroll up

RE: heat & MJ

in things you need to know Thu May 08, 2014 10:34 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

Death

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in things you need to know Thu May 08, 2014 10:45 pm

too hot, means around 43-44 C

Scroll up

in things you need to know Sat May 10, 2014 8:55 am
by Melvan | 492 Posts | 2234 Points

Hi heat causes an imbalance in the plant's chemistry. This results in a lower ability to do efficient photosynthesis, and also to expel wastes. This is going to cause browing/spotting that looks like ph imbalance and a yellowing of the leaves from loss of chlorophyll. Stunted growth, taco'd leaves, etc.

Without being able to eat and go to the bathroom properly, no different than people, the plant is going to get sick, maybe die, but most definitely will have lower yields and reduced potency.

http://www.greenthumbgirls.com/
Scroll up

in things you need to know Sat May 10, 2014 10:15 am

what i noticed by planting same seeds in different climates ( hot & normal )
normal temps
1. taller plant by around 40-60 cm
2. much wider leafs
3. not big difference in yield
4. almost same potency

Scroll up

in things you need to know Sat May 10, 2014 10:56 am
by orangesunshine | 803 Posts | 3182 Points

your plants will thank you for a cool glass of water during the height of the heat---if u are outdoors in black pots---they will also thank you if you deflect the direct sunshine on the black pot---black pots absorb heat and can make the root zone unbearable---spray paint your black pots white---cover them in a reflective material---they need to be out of the direct sunshine and the root zone kept cool

Scroll up

in things you need to know Sat May 10, 2014 11:03 am
by lbezphil2005 | 60 Posts | 247 Points

there are some things you can do to combat heat stress - silica, misting to raise humidity during peak periods, shading - it got to 108 degrees here in central cali for more than a few days in a row last summer, i grew a chocolope kush from dna to 14ft, a magic man from snowhigh to 12 ft with awesome results - the dispensary thought it was greenhouse grown. Also peak heat wasn't at the critical time when they are trying to finish. that would have made a big difference no matter what i did.

also, they were planted either direct in the ground or on a raised bed of sorts - i had 3 in 5 gal grow bags (white outside of course) on a bed around 10-12 inches deep made up of the bottom of the chickencoop and compost, bone meal and more composted chicken manure, azomite, and some lime and gypsum. i watered every other day except on days over 103, then i would top off the bags.

pics? okay!

Attached pictures:
073 (Mobile).JPG

Last edited Sat May 10, 2014 11:22 am | Scroll up

in things you need to know Sat May 10, 2014 5:45 pm

Quote: orangesunshine wrote in post #6
your plants will thank you for a cool glass of water during the height of the heat---if u are outdoors in black pots---they will also thank you if you deflect the direct sunshine on the black pot---black pots absorb heat and can make the root zone unbearable---spray paint your black pots white---cover them in a reflective material---they need to be out of the direct sunshine and the root zone kept cool

if u give em a cool water in hot temps the plant will have a shock no good to, who does outdoor with pots man !!!

Scroll up

in things you need to know Sat May 10, 2014 6:44 pm

hey budgrower---why u flaming and spreading misinformation---many people do use pots outside for the exact reasons i stated---mobility and containment of the best soil---and your plants will NOT be shocked by getting a dose of cool water on a hot day---quit spouting off bullshiet you know nothing about and pull ur head out of your azz

Last edited Sat May 10, 2014 6:45 pm | Scroll up

in things you need to know Sat May 10, 2014 7:06 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Easy there

on a hot day I have seen "cool" water out of a well(50F) cause a wilt look to the plants just after watering. but I have never seen "cool" water that was just setting in the shade cause the wilt look. it's all in the temp of the roots and water temp difference. the closer they to are the less "shock" there is.

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!

Last edited Sat May 10, 2014 7:09 pm | Scroll up

in things you need to know Sat May 10, 2014 7:17 pm

im easy odd and speak from my experience---ive never seen cool water fuk up a plant that was dying from heat stroke---well, creek, river, hose or otherwise---in fact the complete opposite as it will bounce quite lively

"who does outdoor with pots man !!!!"---c'mon man i'm not falling for the language barrier foreigner stuff from this dude any more---do we have an iggy button---im done with his passive aggressiveness

Scroll up

in things you need to know Sat May 10, 2014 7:37 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

no the iggy button is one thing the site provider won't add for some reason

dying from heat stroke no they spruce right up, but I've seen a health plant droop when water with to "cool" a water on a hot day.

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in things you need to know Sat May 10, 2014 9:48 pm
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

Quote: BudGrower wrote in post #8

if u give em a cool water in hot temps the plant will have a shock no good to, who does outdoor with pots man !!!

I've grown weed in pots on my deck for years, and every evening when I have my last drink, I throw the ice from my glass in the weed pot. Never seen a adverse effect.

Been doing it for years...........glad you corrected me.

How long you been growing????

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Last edited Sat May 10, 2014 9:49 pm | Scroll up

in things you need to know Sat May 10, 2014 10:09 pm
by Ston-loc | 376 Posts | 1601 Points

OD in pot, pot grower! WOO! Hahaha

Scroll up

in things you need to know Sun May 11, 2014 1:39 am

Quote: orangesunshine wrote in post #9
hey budgrower---why u flaming and spreading misinformation---many people do use pots outside for the exact reasons i stated---mobility and containment of the best soil---and your plants will NOT be shocked by getting a dose of cool water on a hot day---quit spouting off bullshiet you know nothing about and pull ur head out of your azz

calm down man !!! Flaming and spreading big words for saying my opinion.
for ME having pots outside is very weird, why u want to mobile the plant ? for the best soil u can put it in ground unless u have no space this is the only reason makes sense, the plants in a hot temps as i stated 40-above if u give it cool water the plant WILL have a shock

Scroll up

in things you need to know Sun May 11, 2014 1:42 am

Quote: orangesunshine wrote in post #11
im easy odd and speak from my experience---ive never seen cool water fuk up a plant that was dying from heat stroke---well, creek, river, hose or otherwise---in fact the complete opposite as it will bounce quite lively

"who does outdoor with pots man !!!!"---c'mon man i'm not falling for the language barrier foreigner stuff from this dude any more---do we have an iggy button---im done with his passive aggressiveness

i didnt knw this "who does outdoor with pots man !!!!" will make u mad ! i was just wondering, didnt mean any disrespect

Scroll up

in things you need to know Sun May 11, 2014 1:44 am
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

Not to be stoooopid but do plants live at 104 f ??
I mean I start seeing effects at 82-84 under my lamps...I can't imagine 104....
Do you shade it? Or is it that hardy??

<p></p>
Scroll up

in things you need to know Sun May 11, 2014 1:47 am

Quote: Cubby wrote in post #13
Quote: BudGrower wrote in post #8

I've grown weed in pots on my deck for years, and every evening when I have my last drink, I throw the ice from my glass in the weed pot. Never seen a adverse effect.

Been doing it for years...........glad you corrected me.

How long you been growing????

if the temps were not to hot throwing the ice from ur glass in the weed pot is OK
i've been growin WEED 3 years, but ive been in agriculture for very long to be able to CORRECT u

Scroll up

in things you need to know Sun May 11, 2014 1:50 am

Quote: surfinc wrote in post #17
Not to be stoooopid but do plants live at 104 f ??
I mean I start seeing effects at 82-84 under my lamps...I can't imagine 104....
Do you shade it? Or is it that hardy??

maybe u see effects cuz they used to be in cool weather, but if they start in such heat its ok, i THINK they can handle more temps am not sure
i dont shade, sry didnt get this part " Or is it that hardy??"

Scroll up

in things you need to know Sun May 11, 2014 1:58 am
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

Hardy means like strong to take it ....
I used to grow in Arizona and had to do light deprivation..shades to not burn up and get crispy....
That was then...
What's the max temps you try to grow in?
Or have been thru?

<p></p>
Scroll up

in things you need to know Sun May 11, 2014 2:19 am

is Arizona a hot place ?
44 C its like 111 fah

Scroll up

in things you need to know Sun May 11, 2014 8:45 am
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

if the temps were not to hot throwing the ice from ur glass in the weed pot is OK
i've been growin WEED 3 years, but ive been in agriculture for very long to be able to CORRECT u

3 Whole years.............WOW.
I've been growing weed outdoors over 30 years, I come from a gardening/agricultural family. You are in no position to CORRECT me.
I'm willing to consider anyone's experience and input, but don't think you're schooling anyone.
As to the weather, the temps get above 100 f here during the summer (thankfully I don't live in a 3rd world hellhole), and some people use a 10-25% shade cloth, I've never seen the need.
You need to check your attitude at the door, you're in no position to crow. Your screen name may be BudGrower, but so far I haven't seen anything.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Scroll up

in things you need to know Sun May 11, 2014 11:52 am

Quote: Cubby wrote in post #22

3 Whole years.............WOW.
I've been growing weed outdoors over 30 years, I come from a gardening/agricultural family. You are in no position to CORRECT me.
I'm willing to consider anyone's experience and input, but don't think you're schooling anyone.
As to the weather, the temps get above 100 f here during the summer (thankfully I don't live in a 3rd world hellhole), and some people use a 10-25% shade cloth, I've never seen the need.
You need to check your attitude at the door, you're in no position to crow. Your screen name may be BudGrower, but so far I haven't seen anything.

LOL, why ur offensive n sarcastic when ur wrong ?? anyway i forgive u already

peace

Last edited Sun May 11, 2014 11:53 am | Scroll up

in things you need to know Sun May 11, 2014 12:37 pm

Quote: Cubby wrote in post #22

As to the weather, the temps get above 100 f here during the summer (thankfully I don't live in a 3rd world hellhole),

i dont know why u mentioning this ?? now u becomin raciest bitch, plus do u knw why they call it 3rd world ?

Scroll up

in things you need to know Sun May 11, 2014 1:03 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

I think plants outside can take the Higher temps better then inside plants...I know some places that grow outside hit well over 100* for hrs on end with great results...I think it is because the outside air is moving better...anyway...Hope every outdoor is a Banging this year

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 67 (yesterday 473) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: