RE: Budding to early?

in Plant probems Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:34 am
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

cannabis will only flower when it is ready to do so. It must reach a certain amount of maturity before it can flower. This is why 12/12 from seed takes several weeks to show sex. However, if it shows sex regardless of the photo period, it has ruderalis in its genes. Even if stress is what triggers the auto gene, its the auto gene that causes flowering with a 24/0 light schedule.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:14 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

I also have never ever ever in over 30 years of growing, no matter how bad I stressed a plant have it flower in 24 hour light like that. I really do not think that stress can produce the flowering gene. I really don't think there is any other alternative, except that there is some ruderalis in the genes. It is not that you cannot clone autos, you can. It is that because they have a set life period that the clones will not live long enough to flower completely.

Where did this seed come from?

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:30 am
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

Thank you everyone, I have two plants under a screen, they can't be moved.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:06 pm

Hemp Goddess the seeds came from BC Bud depot ordered directly from them.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:13 pm

BC Bud Depot has an amazingly bad reputation

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:30 pm
by Cosmic | 2 Posts | 6 Points

Quote: umbra wrote in post #26
cannabis will only flower when it is ready to do so. It must reach a certain amount of maturity before it can flower. This is why 12/12 from seed takes several weeks to show sex. However, if it shows sex regardless of the photo period, it has ruderalis in its genes. Even if stress is what triggers the auto gene, its the auto gene that causes flowering with a 24/0 light schedule.

I don't agree that if it autos it equals ruderalis genes, but I aren't gonna argue with ya'lls experiences..

Seems I must just be special lol had it happen with Sunshine Daydream , Blues, Skunk91..
Although I never run 24/0, as this just doesn't make sense to me..I do only run 130w of CFL light at 18/6...maybe this attributes to it..

All I know is that the Kif plant of morocco is an autoflowering plant by all definitions..and it does not have ruderalis in it.. just a safety mechanism for the drought they go through ...

Last edited Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:31 pm | Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:49 pm

Quote: umbra wrote in post #30
BC Bud Depot has an amazingly bad reputation

Umbra you don't know the stress I was under after dishing out $150 for female seeds, I have never paid that much for seeds before. Then I went online and read a lot of bad stuff about them, but they are all about people not recieving there order not so much about the genetics. I had my seeds in 2 weeks.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:59 pm

I was friends with Elite Genetics before he went to prison. I grew some of his beans out that I got directly from him. I grew them out and did a gj at the farm. Someone else bought the same beans from BC Bud and they were hermi monsters. Didn't even look anything like the ones I grew out. So all I can say that with BC Bud anything is possible. Just so you know, I used to spend $5K a month on beans. My current collection, if I grew out 10 packs, 5 times a year...it would take more than 15 years to grow them out.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:09 pm

Well I have 12 seeds we will see how it goes. I turned my fans and lights off to take a picture, left the room for a few minutes and when I came back all I could smell was grapes, so that is one for the plus side.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:33 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

Quote: MR1 wrote in post #29
Hemp Goddess the seeds came from BC Bud depot ordered directly from them.

Did I ,miss the Linage of these?...

take care and be safe
Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:35 pm
by pcduck (deleted)

bcbd the purps

Obtinuit vermis?
Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:39 pm
by pcduck (deleted)

Genetics: Sativa / Indica Hybrid
Specifics: Mendo Purps IBL

Obtinuit vermis?
Scroll up

in Plant probems Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:52 pm

I sent BCB Depot an e-mail and mentioned to them that I had plants flowering at 3 weeks and they said it must be a mutant. I e-mailed them back and said I had 3 in a row and that if they had mutant genes in their strains I did not want anything to do with their seeds and wished them good luck with their business and I would do buy from BC Seed King instead. They sent me another e-mail saying somebody must have sent autos by mistake and offered to replace the seeds and to give them my address. So I did and the next day I received another e-mail saying order sent. So now I will wait and see if the replacements show up.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:22 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Hope for the best for you maybe they'l make sure you get reg seeds

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Plant probems Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:30 pm

I am thinking maybe I will because I did not ask for replacements, they offerred them to me. Maybe they were feeling guilty, haha.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:31 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Sound more like a Company standing behind their seeds

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Plant probems Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:13 pm

1 week and 5 days, I took the screen off, the squares were to small.I am not expecting to much but I will take what I get.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:47 am

I also have never had this happen (in 30+ years of growing) and truly believe that this is not cause by stress, but by genetics.I also have never read anything anywhere that this could happen as a result of stress. I think that there simply has to be some ruderalis in there. Where did the seed come from?

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:49 pm
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

From Wikapedia

Cannabis ruderalis is a species of Cannabis originating in central Russia. It flowers earlier than indica or sativa, does not grow as tall, and can withstand much harsher climates than either of them. Cannabis ruderalis will produce flowers based on its age, rather than light cycle (photoperiod) changes which govern flowering in sativa and indica varieties. This kind of flowering is also known as "autoflowering".

The term ruderalis is derived from the Latin rūdera, which is the plural form of rūdus, a Latin word meaning rubble, lump, or rough piece of bronze. A ruderal species refers to any plant that is the first to colonise land after a disturbance removing competition

Cannabis sativa, indica, and ruderalis are all species of the genus Cannabis. They can all inter-breed freely, and many 'pedigree' cultivars are indica/sativa hybrids. Authorities disagree about the number of species of plant which constitute the genus Cannabis. Although many authorities continue to class all varieties of the plant, including hemp and marijuana, as Cannabis sativa, it is widely accepted that there are three separate species or sub-species. sativa, the most widely cultivated in the Western World, was originally grown on an industrial scale for fiber, oil, and animal feedstuffs. It is characterised by tall growth with few, widely spaced, branches. indica, originating in south Asia, is also known historically as Indian hemp, and is characterised by shorter bushy plants giving a much greater yield per unit height. ruderalis is a hardier variety grown in the northern Himalayas and southern states of the former Soviet Union, characterised by a more sparse, "weedy" growth. It is rarely cultivated for its THC content.
Similar ruderalis populations can be found in most of the areas where hemp cultivation was once prevalent. The most notable region in North America is the midwestern United States, though populations occur sporadically throughout the United States and Canada. Large wild ruderalis populations are also found in central and eastern Europe, most of them in Lithuania, Belarus, Latvia, Estonia and adjacent countries. Without human selection, these plants have lost many of the traits they were originally selected for, and have acclimated to their environment.

Cannabis ruderalis has a lower THC content than either sativa or indica, so it is rarely grown for recreational use and the shorter stature of ruderalis limits its application for hemp production.[citation needed] Cannabis ruderalis strains are high in the cannabіnoid cannabidiol, so they are grown by some medical marijuana users.
However, ruderalis' early, plant-age triggered "autoflowering" characteristic (which offers some agricultural advantages over the day-length flowering varieties) as well as its reputed resistance to insect and disease pressures makes it attractive to plant breeders.[citation needed] indica strains are frequently cross-bred with ruderalis to produce autoflowering plants with high THC content, improved hardiness and reduced height

Last edited Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:52 pm | Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:03 am

This is the mutant, still has a bit to go. Frosty but small buds, if I would have fed it flowering nutes from when the buds started to form they probably would be bigger.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:52 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

That dont look Mutant....Are you calling it that becayse the seed bank did?...It looks fine too me...I dont get it

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:50 am

I wouldn't call it a mutant either. It is an auto. I am thinking that maybe others were sent autos instead of photoperiod plants because they offered to replace yours without you even asking. Autos usually do not get very big, so I am thinking that not feeding flowering nutes at the first sign of bud did probably not hurt yield much, if any. At any rate, you will have some smoke while you are waiting for the photoperiod plants.

It is nice to know that they did the right thing and replaced the seeds.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:07 am

I am still waiting for the replacements. I call it a mutant because it is not what I ordered, they gave me no name, I have no idea what the quality will be, yield will be low.So I am calling it a mutant. All the autos I have grown were not this small, THG I will be ok for smoke I still have a good stash from my last indoor grow and my outdoor grow. I have two mutants, the picture is of the nicer one, trichs are cloudy on not so nice one so I had to take a tester from it. Nice taste, kind of lemony but mild high, not something I would grow again. I hope the nicer looking one is better.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:35 am
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

Thats the problem I had with Autos,,didnt find them potent enough to make me want to grow them over a regular Strain. To many Potent Strains out there that have a great harvest and potency,,for me to want to grow Autos again.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Exactly Weedhopper, I still have some auto seeds I will probably stick somewhere outside in the garden this outdoor season where they won't take any valuable growing space.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 433 (yesterday 224) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: