Age old question about watering during late budding

in Plant probems Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:42 pm
by anglerguy78 | 67 Posts | 333 Points

To any OD growers, my 3 girls are doing great heading into week 9 of heavy bud growth. Been giving plain water for past week but just enough to keep plants stiff...not heavy water like mid summer. With the next 7 days forecast for highs of upper 60s and lower 70s and lows of low-mid 40s, and plants about 7-10 days from chop, was wondering if I should: (A) water a little every 2-3 days to keep some fluids moving through plants; (B) do heavy water now and chop when plants start to wilt a little; or (C) don't water at all from today on.

My thought is to give a little water every few days just to keep girls happy then no water for last 3-4 days before chop to have plants as dry as possible before chopping, trimming, and hang dry. I have a shed with fan and humidity control (keeping at 55%) for drying.

I say 7-10 days before chop because soaking rains are long-range forecast for sometime around Sep 30, Oct 1. Had some bud mold last year when rains came late so no matter when heavy rains come, I'm prepared to chop before they hit. Can't cover girls...to conspicuous so chop or risk mold are my only options. Wish trichs could get some more amber before chop. Any hints on how to "amber up" those budz?

If you have any experience or preferences that worked well...would love to hear them. Might be helpful for other new growers. Thanks. Green Mojo!

Oh yeah...who cares about the maple foliage when you have this.

Attached pictures:
IMG_1637 (2) (1083x1280).jpg
Scroll up

RE: Age old question about watering during late budding

in Plant probems Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:00 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

dont change anything other than maybe figure a way to cover them from the rain....I water just as I did in july..just not as much teas now....you have nice fade to the plant..so ride that Bitch to mid Oct...I jsut covered mine because the rains and cool temps are here ...it is last day of summer....Bring on the BUDS

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:15 am
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

OD growing is different from the indoor grow the main thing is the powerhouse called the sun. it makes plants grow bigger but also makes them use more water thru envirtranporation.

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!

Last edited Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:18 am | Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:28 pm
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

I had no idea this was an age old question..................I water/feed when they need it, right up till the chop. Looking great anglerguy.

BHC #6 7/8

Last edited Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:29 pm | Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:12 pm
by anglerguy78 | 67 Posts | 333 Points

Thanks for the water and growing pointers. Will push them as long as possible. You guys are awesome!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

guest counter
Today were 45 (yesterday 332) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: