white fly

in Plant probems Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:21 pm
by orangesunshine | 803 Posts | 3182 Points

anybody ever deal with white fly in ur veg room---i had it in my last harvest but so far so good in the flower room for now---seems they moved into the veg room---i sprayed forbid a couple weeks back and have a hot strip hanging in there now---white flys seem to be giving me the finger and continue to multiply---not out of control yet but will be soon if i cant find a way to eradicate them

Scroll up

RE: white fly

in Plant probems Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:50 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

Change up the sprays IMHO...
The azamax worked for me...then the rosemary behind it ...
Undersides

<p></p>
Scroll up

in Plant probems Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:38 am

after reading this----Yellow sticky traps are helpful for monitoring and suppressing adult populations. If found, use the Bug Blaster to hose off plants with a strong stream of water and reduce pest numbers. Natural predators of this pest include ladybugs and lacewing larvae, which feed on their eggs and the whitefly parasite which destroys nymphs and pupae. For best results, make releases when pest levels are low to medium. If populations are high, use a least-toxic, short-lived organic pesticide to establish control, then release predatory insects to maintain control. Insecticidal soap, neem oil and botanical insecticides can be used to spot treat heavily infested areas if population become intolerable.

Tip: Horticultural oils, which work by smothering insects, are very effective on all stages of this pest.

i busted out the SM-90 and hung a sticky fly strip from the bag o tricks---it has 1% coriander oil---94% sulphonated canola oil---5% triethaneolamine---sprayed it everywhere---after shaking the plants the flies flew---many got caught on the fly strip---haha----hopefully i smothered the rest of the sob's and their eggs, nymphs, and pupae that could not flee with the drenching of SM-90

sm-90 also makes pm un-habitable due to the sulpher

Last edited Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:45 am | Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:18 am

2nd application today---i got the upper hand now for sure and would recommend sm-90 to fight the whitefly

Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:01 am
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

Good to here the SM 90 is working for you Orange.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:32 pm

white fly---0

orange---1

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:07 am
by Melvan | 492 Posts | 2234 Points

Are you doing anything for the larvae in the soil? Using a drench like Sierra Naturals 209 or something? I get you're killing the adults so they can't breed, but there are still eggs and larvae in the soil right? LIke a fungus gnat? Or do they not lay their eggs in the buckets?

http://www.greenthumbgirls.com/
Scroll up

in Plant probems Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:12 pm

hi Mel---the white fly is not much like a fungus gnat living in the soil and harmless to your crop---white fly tendencies and damage are more like a flying spider mite---laying eggs larvae and adults living on the undersides of the leaves---heavy infestations will also include webbing just like the spider mite---these sons of beaches will suck the life right out of your plant if left to do their thang---kinda strange to have them in an indoor garden actually

i am pleased to say they are completely gone and my veg room is much happier for it

Scroll up

in Plant probems Mon May 04, 2015 1:12 am

well ain't life a beach---7 months free and looks like i got these sunbeaches back again---also gots gnats like nobodys business due to an extra helping of soy meal from my last mix---been using diamatious earth and a fly strip for the gnats---thinking about trying a good spraying of avid for the whitefly---i did catch it early---need to eradicate them pronto for reloading the flower room

Scroll up

in Plant probems Mon May 04, 2015 8:32 am
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

When I sprayed the avid for the thripes, it killed the few little gnats or white flies that float around the room. I rarely see them since then.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Plant probems Mon May 04, 2015 10:57 am

Quote: Monoxide wrote in post #10
When I sprayed the avid for the thripes, it killed the few little gnats or white flies that float around the room. I rarely see them since then.

yea still undecided if i use the sm90 just for the whitefly or go with the avid to get a bit more bang for my buck maybe get me some gnats too---would also be preventative just in case the spider mite thinks he might make a guest appearance too

HA think i just figured it out---the sm90 is an oil based wetting agent---think the answer might be spray both

Last edited Mon May 04, 2015 11:18 am | Scroll up

in Plant probems Mon May 04, 2015 12:53 pm
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

ya. I started using neem oil and haven't seen any activity. good luck!

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Plant probems Mon May 04, 2015 4:40 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

Best of Luck....Stay Vigilant

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Plant probems Mon May 04, 2015 6:27 pm
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

beneficial nematodes...buglogical.com

Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue May 05, 2015 2:25 am

Quote: umbra wrote in post #14
beneficial nematodes...buglogical.com

no time for nematodes friend---these are all ready late to be moved into flower---hit them with a sm90/floramite mix---crossing fingers---take some clones in the next couple days---move them into flower---done

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 267 (yesterday 434) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: