White Widow in DISTRESS!

in Plant probems Tue May 20, 2014 2:43 pm
by tcbud | 42 Posts | 189 Points

I just got this plant. I visited her as a clone she was fine. I saw her when she was put into a four inch pot and then again in a three gallon pot. She was fine. I went to pick her up yesterday and find her in this state. She was under lights about four feet above her. I know it is not from heat. I dont know bout what kind of nutes or if nutes were used. This has happened to him two years now, his plants becoming stressed and stunted. He is on a well, he has grown monsters previous to two years ago. He also grows in the ground. Cant talk to him about it anymore.

I know that with the lack of info it is doubtful that someone will be able to tell what is doing this unless someone knows someone who has had this problem. I am not hopeful to find the reason for this happening here.

This plant if it does not come around in a couple weeks will be put in the woods to make it or not near a spring.

We did take a lot of the soil from the root ball when we transplanted it. We also flushed it pretty good, gonna do that again today and tomorrow.

Thanks for looking in and reading all this.

Scroll up

RE: White Widow in DISTRESS!

in Plant probems Tue May 20, 2014 5:57 pm
by ZiggyRoss | 37 Posts | 229 Points

I am having similar results on a couple of my plants. They are planted in a mix of soil and compost. I'm thinking my compost is to hot or nutrient rich. Do you know any thing about the soil it's in?

Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue May 20, 2014 7:16 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

I'm seeing some of the same in my current Jack Herer grow. Burned leaf tips, some curled leaves. So I've cut back on nutes a bit and have seen improvement.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue May 20, 2014 7:57 pm

He had used potting soil I found out. Gonna keep flushing. I have seen this happen at his place when the plants are in his garden in the ground. Most of his plants are doing it again. I am gonna go with "it's the water".

Thank you for the input. I read that white widow likes medium ferts.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue May 20, 2014 8:03 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Looks like a low ph lock out of MG. 1 TBSP Epsom Salts PH to 5.7 with aspirin (aspirin drop the ph about .5 per 325 mg ) should purk her back up

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed May 21, 2014 9:26 am
by Melvan | 492 Posts | 2234 Points

When I look at that, I see broad mites. Broad mites and spider mites are not the same and do not have the same symptoms. It would also explain why the plants start off looking fine, then progress to that point.

http://pogenetics.com/?page_id=389

http://www.greenthumbgirls.com/
Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed May 21, 2014 11:17 am
by Drfting07 | 264 Posts | 1092 Points

Wow melvan. That first pic does look just like the tc's widow.

"Never Kick a Fresh Turd on a Hot Day" Harry S. Truman
Feed the Soil, Not the Plant - Umbra
Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed May 21, 2014 4:37 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

According to university of minnesota by holding the plant underwater for 15 min it will kill them off
http://www.entomology.umn.edu/cues/inter/inmine/Mitesb.html

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu May 22, 2014 12:01 pm

That won't work. I've watched a few folks battle them. In the end, destroying the plants and aggressive pesticide treatments was what worked.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sat May 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Quote: Melvan wrote in post #6
When I look at that, I see broad mites. Broad mites and spider mites are not the same and do not have the same symptoms. It would also explain why the plants start off looking fine, then progress to that point.

http://pogenetics.com/?page_id=389

You are my Hero Melvan. Iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou!

Now let's get out the DDT, not, but that Widow is gonna feel the BURN of miticide in a couple hours. We had noticed spider mites and had already started spraying. I don't think I will be getting another plant from him ever again. Thank goodness we did not bring her in downstairs.

Again Melvan I can't thank you enough. Thank you. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sat May 24, 2014 9:12 pm

Thank you each and every on who took the time to reply here.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sat May 24, 2014 9:14 pm

Quote: Melvan wrote in post #9
That won't work. I've watched a few folks battle them. In the end, destroying the plants and aggressive pesticide treatments was what worked.

Would you recommend we get the Widow out of the garden and not use the pot and soil again?

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun May 25, 2014 12:01 am

Yes TCBud, I would get rid of that plant and treat all the plants that aren't showing symptoms because broad mites are nasty. Regular organic mite treatments will not work on them. They are not like the spider mite at all. I've seen people recommend neem oil, insecticidal soaps, all the organic options, but in the end, I've never seen anyone beat them without chemical pesticides such as forbid.

And it probably wouldn't hurt to throw away the bucket and dirt, no way to know if they're on/in either without using a microscope.

I edited to add that if you do find that they have somehow migrated to your regular garden space, then Neoseiulus predatory mites will eat broad mites if you refuse to use pesticides. Predatory mites are hard to keep alive when released in the garden, and need high temps and rh, at least 80 degrees and 60 percent, for a few days while they take hold. If your friend won't use pesticides, you may recommend these to him as he has an infestation for sure.

Last edited Sun May 25, 2014 12:09 am | Scroll up

in Plant probems Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:43 pm
by LEFTHAND | 111 Posts | 418 Points

Yes yes old post.

Nice melvan nice call
The fact it's on most of his plants I'd have to agree. I know a few people that have lost clones moms n grows due to em.
Avid works great on the lol buggers. From a few people I know spray avid on all there moms n anything new coming in.
Clones n vegging they do not spray em. But say since using on there moms they have less issues with many other pests
LH.

Last edited Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:44 pm | Scroll up

in Plant probems Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:01 pm

Another grower who has battled them mentioned that he used the Sierra Naturals 209 systemic treatment and it worked well and that he now uses it in his rez on a regular basis.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 16 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 72 (yesterday 605) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: