RE: Good morning wake and bake time

in Just saying Hi Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:33 pm
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

Hey Rose,
Actually I was a cigarette smoker for 25 years, and now I have COPD. There are 2 forms 1 is chronic bronchitis and the other is emphysema. Lucky me, I have both. As a result I also have asthma. So even the slightest upper respiratory infection causes me to have problem that gets much worse if not treated quickly. Dr's biggest concern is my heart. I had a heart attack 6 years ago and coughing can be a sign of clogged arteries. So I also CAD, coronary artery disease, and acid reflux...oh and epilepsy. Quite the specimen of health, lol.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:34 pm
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

Nobody waked and baked today???

Last edited Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:35 pm | Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:42 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

I did 3 wake and bakes ...3 Naps = 3 W&B

take care and be safe
Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:44 pm

I know thats right. lol

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:46 pm
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

I am sorry you have all that to contend with Umbra... That is a lot. I am also glad you treat it quick. Do you have a nebulizer at home? Do what you know to do... get well, you can do it.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:53 pm

Dang Umbra,,sorrry to hear that Bro.My Grand Father had Asthma real bad. I had Open Heart Surgery bout 6 months ago. Take care of yourself my friend and watch your fat and sugar intake. Sugar is a real killer. Should have warnings like Ciggs.

Last edited Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:55 pm | Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:48 pm

Hey WH,
Last year my New Year's resolution was to cut my caffeine intake by 1/2 and sugar by 1/3. I did quite well. As to fat, been really good with that. My total cholesterol when I had my heart attack was 370, today it is 95. I have lost about 20 lbs and kept it off. I'm just going to rest a bit.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:52 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

I'm health as King Tut's grandpa

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love
Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Quote: umbra wrote in post #307
Hey WH,
Last year my New Year's resolution was to cut my caffeine intake by 1/2 and sugar by 1/3. I did quite well. As to fat, been really good with that. My total cholesterol when I had my heart attack was 370, today it is 95. I have lost about 20 lbs and kept it off. I'm just going to rest a bit.

My total Cholesterol was 179 when I had my Heart Attack. Just goes to show the Cholesterol numbers are sometimes misleading. My BP was average of 118 over 79. Now my BP average is 107 over 67. LOL
I weighed 212,,now 170 lbs.
I hardly ever eat Red Meat anymore. Mostly Turkey,Chicken and fish.
Feel allot better.

Last edited Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:16 pm | Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:55 pm

yes I eat very little red meat, low glycemic carbs, lots of fruit and veggies

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Yesser,,thats what ya have to do Umbra. I wish ya the best my Friend.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:22 am
by pcduck (deleted)

Good Morning MC

cold with high winds .....again

Get well soon umbra

Obtinuit vermis?
Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:12 am

Morning MC time to party like its the last day of the year

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:46 am
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

Good Morning MC,

-11 here today, it's a bit nippy out there. Look out @pcduck it's heading your way

After reading the last few posts no one will ever mistake us for a aerobics troupe.

We're all falling apart, but hanging in. I weighed 312, now down to 196, 4 pins in each knee, and a vast collection of broken bones. If there's anything left of my physical self when I'm done with it, I'll donate it to science. They can look on it as a gag gift...or an incredible challenge...

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

"Life Is Hard; It's Harder If You're Stupid".............John Wayne.
Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:05 am

Man Cubby thats great on the weight loss I thought me dropping from 340 to 265 was good.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:08 am
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

You all are doing great, that is awesome Cubby. and you too Ozzy. That is really a lot of weight to lose... Good going guys.. Ok, fine, i will get on my bike...

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:49 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

Im Still trying the Cannabis 420 workout..

take care and be safe
Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:11 am

morning MC...feeling much better today. Meds are helping. I like 4u2's workout the best

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:03 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

Morning all. I also am waking and baking with some coffee and Satori. Another cold snowless day in the mountains. But at least it is clear and windless. Those of you with the sub-zero temps and wind chill....grandma says , "Stay in and BIU as necessary".

Umbra, sorry to hear you're feeling poorly, take care of yourself. I have some respiratory problems too from almost 35 years of cigarettes and 22 years of plumbing. I gave up the cigarettes over 10 years ago. The plumbing....well you get pretty used to that having a roof over your head and food on the table, so that will continue for at least a little while. I was sick last Dec and we made a nebulizer out of a small air compressor because the doc could not let his go and we were nowhere that I could rent one. I love living in the mountains, but I will say that we have to improvise fairly regularly.

Congrats to all you that have lost weight. That has always been a hard thing for me to do. I found cigarettes easier to avoid than pastries and rich pasta sauces. Way to go. Though, like giving up cigarettes, you feel so much better! I really think that is my goal rather than any efforts to actually prolong my life, I want the life I have left to live to be a quality life regardless of how long or short it is. When I get where I cannot do things or think anymore, someone can just shoot me and roll me into the river.

The 2 sisters may be up today. They are notoriously unpredictable and I do not believe they are coming until I see them. However, they are no problem and I do not do anything special for them. We just "adapt" when we go to each others houses.

Duck (or any other mechanic who knows Jeeps), I have some questions about low oil pressure in a Jeep....can you help me? My buddy Jack and I are going to keep the best one out of 2 Jeeps and sell the other. They are both Grand Cherokee Laredos, one a 96 and one a 98.

Have a great day everyone. Stay warm. Enjoy the fruits of your harvests. Look forward to all the rewards and good cheer the new year can bring! I luv ya all!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:21 am

Morning my Friends. Cool and Sunny today in the Big D. Im ready to start my new Year out with a smile and a Bowl and a new House here at MC.
Umbra Im glad your feeling better Bro.
Man Im glad to see all my Friends are dropping pounds and getting healthier. Way to go guys and gals.
Like THG says. Its all about the quality of life,,not just Living that counts. I dont want to have anybody taking care of my Ace cause I cant. When that happens Im done. So since I aint in any rush to be done,,I had to make some Life Style changes.Course the Open Heart Surgery is an great weight loss program,,LOL,,dropped the weight right off my Ace. I wouldnt suggest that Diet,,but ifen ya aint carefull you too can lose weight with that Diet Program.
Hope ya get a good Jeep outta those THG.Anybody that thinks Mountain PPL aint smart,,are morons themselfs,,right THG?
Lets have a great day MC.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:31 am

Hey THG I'm not really a mechanic but is the low oil pressure at idle or when hot, mileage of the engines? Low oil pressure is often due to a combination of worn main and rod bearings and crankshaft journals. The oil pump itself does not create pressure. It produces flow and resistance to that flow is what cause pressure. Whenever the clearances in the bearings or anywhere in the engine increase the pressure decreases. This is also true of the oil pump itself. There also is a pressure relief valve to vent excess crankcase pressure and if stuck open can cause low oil pressure. I would start with the obvious, check the dipstick. too little or too much oil can cause low oil pressure. Try to determine if it is leaking or burning the oil. Compression check should start you in the right direction.

Last edited Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:31 am | Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:51 am
by orangesunshine | 803 Posts | 3182 Points

morning all---all that talk about weight gets me thinking i might think about a diet---heavier now than i ever have been---turn 50 this year---might be time to consider some healthy life choices---maybe a nooner more often---get into a walking regiment---eat more salad

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:17 pm

I have found that chewing and eating slow will help lose weight,,mainly because you give your stomach time to tell your brain its full and you dont eat to much. Slow down on Red meat and Sugar and I promise you will lose weight. Beer also will pile the weight on you in a very short time. I lost weight just by not drinking beer so much. All I know is losing weight will make you feel 10 times better and improve your life. Diets are a bunch of crap. Put down tha freaken fork and dont eat so much. Its not as much what you eat sometimes as how much you eat. OK Doc weedhopper is done. Sorry,,got high and long winded.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:10 pm
by orangesunshine | 803 Posts | 3182 Points

i do agree wh---not so much what u eat but How Much u eat---4 egg omlette covered in holindaise, side of pancakes, few pieces of sour dough toast, some home fries, and a bloddy mary sounds pretty good right about now lol

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:37 am
by pcduck (deleted)

Good Morning MC and Happy New Years

Obtinuit vermis?
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 148 (yesterday 314) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: