still new at this

in Regular Strains Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:06 pm
by toadley stoned | 100 Posts | 540 Points

even tho i have been with the other website for a while,, still haven't able to get a good grow goimg. i have notice that there r a lot of regular seeds sell at attitude n other seeds store,, i just thought ya really couldn't grow regular seeds,, or is it that when these company make a new strain,, that ey use a regular see plant to pollinate, with a female plant to make what strain they,want.

take in mind im still a newb at this
get all the feed i can get

toadley stoned peace my brothers

Scroll up

RE: still new at this

in Regular Strains Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:23 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

I am not really sure what you are asking. Regular seeds are simply normal cannabis seeds and they come in many different strains--they have not been feminized or crossed with ruderalis. It was what everyone grew before they started messing with the genetics of the plant. Regular seeds will either be male or female. You cull out the males and destroy them, unless you want to make seeds--the only thing male plants are good for.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Regular Strains Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:00 pm
by Sunakard2000 | 59 Posts | 244 Points

there are pros and cons to all seed types, i cant begin to list them all but ill list some of them

Normal Seeds - can grow up to be male or female
pros - males can be used for breeding purposes, also no chemical or stress tampering involved so genetics are pure.
cons - there can be males, lol if your simply growing for females and have no intention of breeding the males are just destroyed and until you know they are male or female they take up space, energy and nutes etc,

Feminized Seeds - chemicaly or stress altered parent plants inorder to lock in FEMALE genetics, large % chance it will grow to be a female.
pros - well thats pretty obvious, there is a much much much greater chance then with normal seeds to get females, very high chances its female
cons - due to the methods used to create purely female seeds, there is a small chance that the seed will be a hermie, meaning the plant grows both
female and male flowers, these are destroyed as they have faulty genetics and not something any grower is interested in, over the years the
chance of a plant being a hermi have dropped quite alot due to advances in feminizing.

Automatic Seeds - parent plant breed with a ruderalis strain to cause automatic flowering based on plants age rather then light schedule ie. 12/12
pros - can be growin in the same location from seed to harvest, no need for seperate veg/flower spaces, constant lights on for 20hrs off for 4 is the
typical auto schedule. also as stated above the plants start to flower based on their AGE rather then "12/12" light schedule like
photoperiod (normal) plants need inorder to flower.
cons - because of the genetics the plant gains from its ruderalis parent there is a typical decrease in potenticy, this is because the ruderalis family of
MJ although it grows quickly and flowers automaticaly based on age rather then light schedule, it bearly produces compounds we want ie. THC,
CBD ect. so basically your giving up potenticy and usually yield for faster seed to harvest time and automatic flowering.

most of us around here have seperate veg and flower areas so we use either normal seeds or feminized seeds in our grows. its mostly a preference thing, personaly i grow both feminized and normal seeds, i treat them the same, always watching out for male plants/flowers, and finding the best females grown from seed to clone and keep that wonderful set of genetics in my garden for years to come. i hope this helps you out and was what you were looking for...

As always be safe and much green mojo to you my friend!

Current Grow ~ Sunakard Indoor Perpetual Grow multiple strains ~
~Lemon Twist and Lemon OG Kush~

~~~~~~~~~ BHC Member #810 ~~~~~~~~~

Last edited Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:01 pm | Scroll up

in Regular Strains Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:26 pm
by toadley stoned | 100 Posts | 540 Points

apprecate the info

toadley stoned Peace My Brothers

Scroll up

in Regular Strains Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:41 pm
by bbr751 | 424 Posts | 1841 Points

i aint scared of no seeds!!!!

Its worth a Google

Last edited Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:41 pm | Scroll up

in Regular Strains Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:41 pm
by Sunakard2000 | 59 Posts | 244 Points

figured id add a little more, i personaly have grown from seed to harvest all 3 seed types, reg, fem, auto. personaly the autos are a waste of time, they just dont get large enough and because of their flowering being triggered by age you cant clone an auto plant or keep it in "veg" longer then it says so. shy away from autos and look at either reg or fem photo period seeds, either or works as long as its from a well known breeder and its not a "freebie" seed as the freebies tend to be testers from either known breeders or possibly unknown breeders so theres little to no info on the strain. iv grown out a good handful of freebies and most turned out to be a waste. its kinda 50/50 there. but every seed that was actually on the orders iv grown out and have been killer. if you have questions ask thats what we are here for. one tid bit i forgot, the main reason id stick with reg or fem photo period seeds is they ARE clone-able so if you find that one particular female outta the handful of females you wind up with that is the cream of the crop you can keep her wonderful genetics alive for years to come.

As always be safe and much green mojo to you my friend!

Current Grow ~ Sunakard Indoor Perpetual Grow multiple strains ~
~Lemon Twist and Lemon OG Kush~

~~~~~~~~~ BHC Member #810 ~~~~~~~~~
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

guest counter
Today were 294 (yesterday 605) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: