Additives During Flowering?

in Nutrients Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:58 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

For the first time, I'm using Dyna-Gro (Grow, Bloom, Pro-Tect). The strain is Jack Herer. And I'm getting good results in vegging a SCROG screen.

Should I use some additional additives during flowering with the Dyna-Gro?

Thanks.

Scroll up

RE: Additives During Flowering?

in Nutrients Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:30 pm
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

JackRyan420 how are you doing, take a look at Jmansweed's Nute Study. He does a test with your ferts. Just pick one of the boosters that he likes best.
Jmansweed's Nute Study

Scroll up

in Nutrients Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:16 pm

Quote: MR1 wrote in post #2
JackRyan420 how are you doing, take a look at Jmansweed's Nute Study. He does a test with your ferts. Just pick one of the boosters that he likes best.
Jmansweed's Nute Study

Thanks. But 10 different additives? That's what I was afraid of.

Safergro biomin calcium
Safergro biomin magnesium
Botanicare Cal/mag +
Hygrozyme
Advanced nutrient Piranha
Advanced nutrients Bud blood
Spray and Grow zinc/iron foliar spray
Superthrive
Megagro
Greenfuse bloom stimulator

Scroll up

in Nutrients Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:25 pm

I would just do what he did. He used the same stuff as you have . I think you already have a bloom booster. Try what you have first and see how you like it.

Zitat
The stand out product here was Protekt. I continue to add it to early vegetative plants even today. This is a potassium strong silicon solution. Silicon literally makes plants stronger by thickening cell walls within the plant. This helps in fighting unwanted fungal spore penetration and even helps deter plant sucking insects. It produces strong, thick skinned plants resistant to environmental stress. The extra potassium is also helpful, encouraging root development and chlorophyll production. With susceptible plants to pest and disease this addition is recommended. In later flowering this product helped in typical ways, increasing bud size and promoting carbohydrate relocation.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:17 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

I really cannot imagine using 10 additives, nor can I imagine that it can make a serious difference in yield. I really don't understand adding cal and then mag and then cal-mag--the first 3 on the list. I personally have never seen any benefits from using Bud Blood, Spray-n-Grow, or Superthrive. Other than the cal-mag, does anyone really know what these products really are and how they are supposed to help?

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Nutrients Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:57 pm
by P J | 72 Posts | 488 Points

Quote: The Hemp Goddess wrote in post #5
I really cannot imagine using 10 additives, nor can I imagine that it can make a serious difference in yield. I really don't understand adding cal and then mag and then cal-mag--the first 3 on the list. I personally have never seen any benefits from using Bud Blood, Spray-n-Grow, or Superthrive. Other than the cal-mag, does anyone really know what these products really are and how they are supposed to help?

Let me break it down to ya. The guy who wrote that works for a nute company.

He's hoping guys will read it and give advise to others [not using it themselves of course] and he will make lots of money and live at the beach smoking cigars and drinking beer all while learning how to make another pretty label to go on another bottle of snake pee.

@MR1

Scroll up

in Nutrients Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:04 pm
by Dr Green Fang | 142 Posts | 864 Points

Hygrozyme works wonders in a hydroponic environment!

I agree, why cal and mag then cal-mag.. that's nuts. I've used Bloombastic since day one, and have nothing to gauge it against, but at week 4 I start and it seems to always start to really "shine" with trichs a couple days after I feed with it. I suppose you can just blame that on it being week 4 and really packing on.

I can see growing without it, but I hate to think of doing one without it.. so... I purchase the expensive shiza. lol

Scroll up

in Nutrients Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:26 pm

Well JackRyan420, I hope that helped you.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Quote: Dr Green Fang wrote in post #7

I agree, why cal and mag then cal-mag.. that's nuts. I've used Bloombastic since day one, and have nothing to gauge it against, but at week 4 I start and it seems to always start to really "shine" with trichs a couple days after I feed with it. I suppose you can just blame that on it being week 4 and really packing on.

I can see growing without it, but I hate to think of doing one without it.. so... I purchase the expensive shiza. lol

I've used hygrozyme in organic growing with good results, along with Liquid Karma and succanat sugar. I'm not sure if using these additives invalidated the "organic" nature of my grow, but I followed a growing program that is kinda popular over at RollItUp. And I got some very dank Herijuana out of that grow, so I guess it's a good program.

As I told PJ in a PM a few minutes ago, my recent dabbling with soilless growing has about convinced me to go back to organic growing. I'm getting good results in vegging with GH (3-part) and Dyna-Gro (3-part), but nothing like the explosive growth rate I got from my favorite Super Soil recipe. As soon as I transplanted young plants into Super Soil, their growth rate really took off.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:57 pm
by Hushpuppy | 77 Posts | 323 Points

I have used the calmag and hygrozyme in my grows and found that in certain applications such as the specialized organic grows, the cal/mag isn't needed as it is given through the pH buffering sweet lime. However, in many of the soilless or hydro grows, lime isn't used for buffering and there is nothing to give the calcium or magnesium in these mediums other than the nutes that are fed to the plants. In these nutes, the calcium and magnesium are given in small amounts if at all because of the issue of heavy chemical precipitation in the mixes. Therefore, it has been my experience that the cal/mag additive is needed in these mediums. Its addition need is varied with the nute brand used and the type off medium used, but it is needed more often than not.

I also found that the Hygrozyme was an excellent addition and very worth the price for either organic or synthetic grows. I found that the plants seemed to use the nutrients supplied more efficiently, and the left-over salts or other unused chems that would otherwise cause the potential for toxicity in the medium, were locked up by the hygrozyme and prevented from causing any issues other than leaving behind a little sludge in my tanks at the end of the grow. I think it is even more beneficial in organic grows as it provides the enzymes that are produced by beneficial bacteria which could be weak in some organic grows where the individual may have made mistakes that killed off some or most of the microbe herd.
I am hardly an authority on this subject but I speak from my personal experience and the experience of my peeps here who have explained their use of these products

Doctor Madbud
Scroll up

in Nutrients Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:53 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

Quote: JackRyan420 wrote in post #9

I've used hygrozyme in organic growing with good results, along with Liquid Karma and succanat sugar. I'm not sure if using these additives invalidated the "organic" nature of my grow, but I followed a growing program that is kinda popular over at RollItUp. And I got some very dank Herijuana out of that grow, so I guess it's a good program.

As I told PJ in a PM a few minutes ago, my recent dabbling with soilless growing has about convinced me to go back to organic growing. I'm getting good results in vegging with GH (3-part) and Dyna-Gro (3-part), but nothing like the explosive growth rate I got from my favorite Super Soil recipe. As soon as I transplanted young plants into Super Soil, their growth rate really took off.

If you are getting better results from growing organic than you are hydro.....well I'm thinking that something much be out of whack with your hydro set-up. A dialed in hydro system will always kick butt when compared to an organic grow.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Nutrients Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:37 pm

Quote: The Hemp Goddess wrote in post #11
Quote: JackRyan420 wrote in post #9

If you are getting better results from growing organic than you are hydro.....well I'm thinking that something much be out of whack with your hydro set-up. A dialed in hydro system will always kick butt when compared to an organic grow.

I'm trying soilless growing for the first time. Using basic nutes. I realize this is technically a hydro grow, but can soilless grows with basic chemical nutes match full-blown hydro (DWC, Flood & Drain)? If so, then I'm not dialed in yet.

I'm just experimenting. As I understand it, a good organic grow will match the potency of a good hydro grow. But a good hydro grow produces much more bud. And for me, yield is not a major concern. I take 5 hits per day from a pipe. My wife smokes 2 bags from a vaporizer per day. So I'm kinda wondering if I should just stick to organic growing. I liked it a lot, and it was somewhat simple. Maybe just because I got used to it.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:41 pm
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

So NorCalHal does a soil less organic grow that will match anything. Flat out.

Scroll up

in Nutrients Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:49 pm

Quote: umbra wrote in post #13
So NorCalHal does a soil less organic grow that will match anything. Flat out.

Cool. I believe he uses Pro-Mix, with added dolomite lime, and General Hydroponics 2-part (grow and bloom) nutes. With no additives. And MH lighting during veg, and HPS for flower. Is that correct?

Scroll up

in Nutrients Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:59 pm
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

yep and he changes his bulbs every grow

Scroll up

in Nutrients Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:20 pm

Quote: umbra wrote in post #15
yep and he changes his bulbs every grow

I think I remember he uses NO ADDITIVES during flowering. Is this true?

There's so much misinformation out there today about additives, I don't know what to believe.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 317 (yesterday 460) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: