Random air conditioner question

in Ventilation Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:35 pm
by ross | 51 Posts | 190 Points

When an AC is on fan mode it's not bringing air in from outside right? I would imagine on cool mode there is some air exchange considering it is expelling hot air out the back?

Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.” - Robert Nesta Marley
Scroll up

RE: Random air conditioner question

in Ventilation Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:49 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

If a ac system is set up right no out side air is pulled into the house. Where in fan,, heat or cool all temperature exchange id done in the refrigerant gas inside the A coil, evaporator coil and compressor. not actual air exchange with the out side air.

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Ventilation Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:25 pm

Sorry I should have specified I meant a window ac. I have no central so that wasn't even on my mind but a pretty big oversight in asking the question lol sorry ozzy

Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.” - Robert Nesta Marley
Scroll up

in Ventilation Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:40 pm

the windows units actually work the same way only way fresh air is taken in is if the ac unit has a door in it to open for air to be drawn in.

Scroll up

in Ventilation Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:50 pm

Hmm ok I guess I'll have to figure out how I'm going to bring in fresh air when I have the window unit in.

Scroll up

in Ventilation Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:41 am
by ZiggyRoss | 37 Posts | 229 Points

This is related to something I don't understand. If my tent is in a shed do I need to bring fresh air in from the outside or just from within the shed.

Scroll up

in Ventilation Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:51 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

Quote: ZiggyRoss wrote in post #6
This is related to something I don't understand. If my tent is in a shed do I need to bring fresh air in from the outside or just from within the shed.

From outside the Shed would be best...as the heat inside the Shed would get Higher than outside ...Just my thoughts

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Ventilation Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:51 am

unless the shed is airtight no. most houses and sheds have enough air leaks and movements(door opening and closing) to sustain co2 level at normal levels for plant growth. drawing from the sheds you basical made the sheds the lung room as they are calling it now, it conditions the air beit either warming it up some or cooling it down before it enters the grow space.

Scroll up

in Ventilation Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:08 am
by ZiggyRoss | 37 Posts | 229 Points

Well ozzy and 4U2 seem to differ on opinion. I did forget to mention the shed is air conditioned and heated.

Scroll up

in Ventilation Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:48 am

In that case outside air would be better and easier on you heating/cooling system. I just like indoor air better because of there is less change of bugs getting to the plants.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 250 (yesterday 460) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: