Nurse Larry

in Group Grows Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:03 pm
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

Hi M-C,

Some people will be growing nurse larry this spring, i hope. Nusre Larry is a cross between Larry og and Medicine woman.

Medicine woman is a clone only from Oregon. That is all I know about her. I just went back to MP to see my old journals about Medicine woman and found some pictures of her for your viewing pleasure, or not, they aren't great pic's. Medicine woman is the first pot I smoked that relaxed my shoulders immediately. I remember thinking, hmmm maybe there is something to this medical marijuana stuff. Anyway, I grew her for 4 years. Either I got tired of her or the clones pooped out? I don't know, but anyway she and Larry got together and made a great child. I like to think that MW helped Larrys cola formation. Here are some pic's of Medicine woman in veg and flower and near death.... here she is right before harvest.

Not real pretty but shows the growth habit. Thanks for stopping in.

Scroll up

RE: Nurse Larry

in Group Grows Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:15 pm
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

Rosebud ,I thought I saw Medicine Woman seeds somewhere but it was Mr. Nice seeds Medicine Man.

" Mr Nice Seeds Medicine Man is a proven medical marvel for those in need of high levels of the most active ingredient, THC. Almost toxic at times, so handle with care: don’t abuse the Medicine Man. It has won many awards since its introduction as the White Rhino in the late 90’s. Mr Nice Seeds Medicine Man has an incredible strong genetic heritage stemming from a Brazilian sativa/South Indian hybrid combined with a prodigious-yield Afghani. It is a member of the White Widow family and a proven champion for medicinal users. Those who prefer indoors can expect an incredibly resinous and compact Indica appearance from this plant. It's cannabis seeds has an expected flowering time of 56 to 60 days. Outdoor growers in the northern hemisphere can expect harvest around October and those in the southern hemisphere by May. "

Scroll up

in Group Grows Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:33 pm

I have been looking for info on her for years. I finally found the breeders name but alas, no way to get a hold of him. I have a problem with WW. I don' t like it or it doesn't like me so i didn't think it was any relative of WW. It was bread in Oregon... Thanks for looking into that though. I appreciate it. Did you have a happy birthday? I hope so. We are both Pisces... gotta love that... or not sometimes.

Scroll up

in Group Grows Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:43 pm

Here is a little info Rosebud. The I is not me.

"i contacted the original producer of the strain though oregon norml and he said it was a cross between purple erkel and dynomitexed with medicine man, was developed for his wife who has fibro, won big at the oregon norml awards. so im stoked "

"Unknown or Legendary - Medicine Woman
Strain from eastern Oregon grower Dave Verstoppen.
extreme high thc levels..."

2011 2nd place winner @ Oregon Cannabis Awards >>>>>> http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2011/12/mad...cannabis_aw.php

"The potency levels for THC, CBD and CBN for all of the anonymously-numbered strains were on display all day for visitors to inspect. When the strain identities were revealed, Verstoppen's 2nd place Medicine Woman came out on top with the highest THC content at 23.9 percent, and Lloyd Kern's William's Wonder recorded the highest CBD level at 1.06 percent.

Scroll up

in Group Grows Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:23 pm

That is so cool!!!!! I tried to find Dave Verstoppen to tell him how much i loved the strain. I knew it was good...lol Thank you so much... I cloned this girl a lot. I wonder if he has made seed? That would be cool. I just got very lucky with this cross. I didn't want to let MW go, but i was getting too used to her, I guess. I am so glad I started this thread so you could give me this info. Thank you MR1 I am very happy about this information.

Scroll up

in Group Grows Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Glad to help Rosebud. Birthday was good, thank you.

Last edited Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:30 pm | Scroll up

in Group Grows Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:48 pm
by shortbus | 253 Posts | 1304 Points

im sooo excited. i got 4 beans in a cup of water as we speak

greenmojo

Last edited Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:48 pm | Scroll up

in Group Grows Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:22 am
by Drfting07 | 264 Posts | 1092 Points

I have three sown in soil. Two have shown themselves today. Ill post pics when things get more exciting.

"Never Kick a Fresh Turd on a Hot Day" Harry S. Truman
Feed the Soil, Not the Plant - Umbra
Scroll up

in Group Grows Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:50 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

I have 5 going in DWC. These are F2s. Three of them are pretty much the same size and 2 are a bit smaller. They haven't shown sex, but I am probably going to put the 3 larger ones into 12/12 this weekend. I just love Nurse Larry for nighttime.

I love knowing something about the strains. Thanks for the info on Medicine Woman MR1. I had looked before and couldn't find anything.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Group Grows Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:20 am
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

I have 3 Nurse Larry going into flower now. I love the idea of growing a friends creation.

And @Rosebud your plant pics look fine.........if that damn Christmas cactus would stop with the photo bombs....LOL

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Scroll up

in Group Grows Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:26 am

photo bombing cactus anyway...what a hog. LOL... so glad you are growing these Cubby. I am pretty tickled that anyone grows them, I am especially glad THG made nurse larry's f2's. Fun stuff right here.

Scroll up

in Group Grows Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:36 pm
by meetmrfist | 5 Posts | 29 Points

cant wait to try mine......

Scroll up

in Group Grows Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:38 pm

Mine a couple days from germination

Scroll up

in Group Grows Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Beautiful babies Drft!

Scroll up

in Group Grows Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:21 pm
by 7greeneyes | 469 Posts | 1830 Points

Rose, you are asset to this site. For sure :)

BHC# 711

"When injustice becomes law, then resistance becomes duty."
Thomas Jefferson

“I am not the lifestyle police.”- (my new hero) Pitkin County, CO Sheriff Joe DiSalvo

Scroll up

in Group Grows Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:31 pm

Three Weeks/21 days

One has alternating nodes and is already showing, i believe female.

Attached pictures:
Tent 018.jpg
Tent 019.jpg
Tent 020.jpg

Scroll up

in Group Grows Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Two Females out of Three. Still one unknown.

Two very different Pheno's. I believe i have both a Larry Pheno and a Medicine Woman Pheno.

These are 5 weeks today.

Attached pictures:
Tent 015.jpg
Tent 016.jpg
Tent 017.jpg
Tent 018.jpg
Tent 019.jpg

Scroll up

in Group Grows Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:38 pm
by Ston-loc | 376 Posts | 1601 Points

Transplanted my three nurse larry's into gallon pots today. Still bringing them in under t5's at night. Looking good I think. The largest was stunted and didn't show any signs of life other than staying green for a couple weeks with its first set of leaves. Now if this super tight node spacing continues, especially being outdoors all day, I'm definitely going to try to clone it and keep the pheno.

Last edited Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:45 pm | Scroll up

in Group Grows Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:56 pm
by Ston-loc | 376 Posts | 1601 Points

Check out what I mean comparing these two

Scroll up

in Group Grows Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:05 pm
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

I harvested 3 Nurse Larry today.....sticky, sticky, sticky.............

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Scroll up

in Group Grows Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:29 pm

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 45 (yesterday 473) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: