RE: SCROG Barneys Farm Tangerine Dream Bubbler first time grow

in Grow Journals Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:13 pm
by Tangerine Dream | 40 Posts | 154 Points

hi guys another update i didnt go for the pic evey 6 hours as nothing changed so would have been abit like spamming and didnt want to do that.

ive been checking the ph and keeping it 5.8/5.9ph and made sure the nutes are 500ppm (its 496ppm at the moment) and the fist plant has not gotten worse apart from the 2 leaves are both starting to shrival however i noticed that there is abit of green in one of them now close to the burn. the second plant still has that strange leaf which i think ill lose in the end as its going more like the first plant has.

plant 1

-----
plant 2

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:12 pm
by Hushpuppy | 77 Posts | 323 Points

I can't swear to it but given that the other leaves aren't showing any signs of deterioration, I would say they are now out of the woods and are just shedding the damaged leaves. Just keep an eye on the next set of leaves. If they continue to do ok and begin growing good (and faster) then I would give them another week and then raise the nutes on the next rez change to about 600ppm.

Doctor Madbud
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:07 pm
by Deleted User

cut them off your good to go

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:36 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Yep I'd go ahead o clip the dying leaves off

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:43 pm
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

I cant remember what video it was I watched but they showed a fan leaf removal technique that has worked great for me.

pulling down on the leaf stem almost parallel to the stalk and the leaf breaks off right @ the base; nice clean "cut".

just pull, push or tap straight down on the leaf. I hold the leaf's stem about 1" off the plants stalk and push/pull straight down
the leaf stem shears off from the stalk clean 95% of the time

good luck

PS
if the leaf puts up too much of a fight and does not "snap off" the stalk, I figure its healthier than I think and I let it stay another few days.

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool

Last edited Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:47 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:54 am

so mini update

im still keeping the water at 5.8/5.9 and the ppm around 500 (atm 488) and room temp is around 22.4c and water temp is 20c and humidity is 43%

they look like they may be safe now however ive tryed the technique justa420friend said and they are solid as a rock so if i try it the main stem would suffer. they appear to be growning and the roots look like it to. I think ill get a new razer blade and cut the leafs of if everyone agrees?

Here is plant 1

and plant 2 the slow rooter

Thanks again and much love as always

Tangerine Dream

Last edited Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:56 am | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:47 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

I would cut.
Slow rooter is coming along nicely...i'm a sucker for the ugly duckling tho....
nice work

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:11 pm

ive removed the bad leaves now so fingers crossed all is well

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:47 pm

small update done a res change today ppm is 503 and the ph is 5.6 and the humidity is 49%, room temp is around 21.8c and water temp is 20c

here are pics of plant 1

and plant 2 the slow rooter not so slow now is coming in stronger than before

all in all im happy was thinking they were gona die at one point but look at the now :p

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:05 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Those roots looking much better

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:23 am

UPDATE TIME The girls have been 45days from seeds !!
( I can not believe its been 45days since they got put onto wet paper what an adventure its been)

Its a nice day today and the temp in the tent is around 26c humidity is around 38% water ph is 6.4 so im about to make it around 5.6ph

The roots are looking very nice now and the not so slow rooter is doing good and has alot of roots now

Girl 1 (the no longer ill plant)

Girl 2 (slow rooter)

im thinking i need another light in the room aswell as im getting ready to scrogg soon and
im not sure if the 2 feet 4 bulb T5 will be able to grow both ladys so im thinking of getting a
4 feet 8 bulb T5 as im able to get one cheep or I might just get another 2 feet 4 bulb T5. (any advice on this would help me out)
My grow room is a 165cmx65cmx180cm so the 4 feet bulb would cover alot of the tent

Ive got my second pump now but im not gona set it up till i move them to the 20L buckets and im not sure if I should make the move yet or keep growing them in these 10L buckets
(again any advice on this would help me out)

Lastly im thinking of topping from the pics shown should I do this now? and if so would i remove
the tops from the pics bellow (ive marked with a red box)

As allways thanks for looking and helping and much love without your help and advice im sure the poor ladys would have passed away by now.

XXX

Tangerine Dream

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:14 pm
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

yes, your red box is what/where you cut

just be sure to do as little to NO damage to the lil' growth on either side of the main stem as THOSE will become your new main stemS

everything looks "good to grow"
as if I know anything, lol ...
we both started (total n00bs) about the same time

I would get another 4 tube 2' fixture (one for each plant then)
or get a 4' ... 8 tube fixture (special price is always nice).
though I think 2 of the 2 footers next to each other would closer match the plant/SCROG footprint than one LONG 4'

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool

Last edited Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:26 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:18 am

day 49 of this adventure

ive topped the ladys but not seen any burst in growth like the vids on youtube tell me.

ive done my last res change in the 10L buckets as ill be moving to the 20L due to how well my roots are doing

the water temp was 20c ppm was set to 650 and the waters ph is 5.6 the waters ppm when starting was 228 the room humidity is 43% and the room temp is 21.3c

lady1 roots

lady2 roots

group shot lady1 on the left lady2 on the right

ive odered another T5 4 tube as the 8 tube was not in very good condish even though very cheep so that should come today or tomorrow so im hoping for some nice growth.

Ive also almost finished building my movable scrog so look forward to showing you the pics of that.

Think that's about it for this update so thanks for stopping by and much love

Tangerine Dream

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:01 pm
by Hermione | 8 Posts | 45 Points

I did t d a couple years ago when it first won htcc careful with nutes she is finicky

Get high and scoot
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:26 pm

day 58 from seed

did res change they are now in the 20L buckets and ive put my new pump on and i must say there are alot of bubbles now and its so silent

when i changed the water I made it 5.6ph and the ppm was set at 650 room temp has been around 21c most of the time and room humidity around 41%

the roots on both plants have come on great

plant 1

plant 2

and this was a shot of them in the new buckets before the scrog goes on.

plant 2 is on left and plant 1 is on the right

I have my build photos still for the scrog to upload and also the ladys under the scrog (just waiting on my net to get connected as ive moved providers and im using my phone data at the mo)

Thanks again for looking and much love

Tangerine Dream

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:16 pm

still having to use my phone due to no net they are saying it will take another 7-14days to get working *sigh*
here is some build pics of the scrog

the design ive made allows me to extend the sides when they go in the bigger tent to flower

and here is the plants under the scrog (i hope ive not damaged the to much as i let them grow big before doing my scrog and they dont look so great)

plant 1

plant 2

one thing ive learnt is to scrog early which is what ill be doing with the clones

thanks for looking

Tangerine Dream

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:04 pm

sorry for the lack of update I was ready to give up as ive failed my scrog so bad by doing my scrog late ive put to much stress on my girls and there has been some brakes.

did trimming today to clear alot of the stuff that i didnt think i needed and removed some of my very crazy large fan leaves that were stopping alot of my new growth from getting light. (made 4 clones aswell / 2 from each plant)

the (good) lady

the slow rooter

also did my rest change i left it very late as i was thinking of flowering but after what happened i need to veg maybe another week.
water was changed and ph was made to 5.2 and then added my sensi grow and made it 700ppm (i think i should be going high im just not sure how high to go)

this is what the root ball looks like on the slow rooter as you can see its very good now

now onto the bad stuff when scrogging i broke one of the ladys bad and now she has split!!! and im not sure what to do if i cut it of ill lose alot of the growth but i dont want to leave it on if she will get rot and die any advice?

and this is the damage ive done to the slow rooter (not slow anymore)

as you can see the slow rooter has lost her to big fan leaves that were left behind from when i first topped her (so she has gotton of easy)

any advice or help would be great guys

Tangerine Dream

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:04 pm

almost looks like you want to raise the screen some as it is still putting pressure on the split...
the plants look healthy still.. I have mangled worse trust me...
Can you raise the scrog some??
maybe even tape the split stem??
good luck

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:39 am

thanks for the reply i can raise the scrog some and ill tape it with a splint see if that help

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:45 pm

pics of my baby clones

mini update not check the plants for abit as been away and come back to this

after checking the ph it was 6.4 in the bucket so i think it may be due to that? or could it be beacuse its using the nuties to fix the damage so the leaves are not getting it? any advice?

thanks

Tangerine Dream

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:48 pm

definitely get ph down...looks like a burn maybe..not sure..

<></p>
Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:58 am

ye was not sure ive phed it but im thinking of buying some Cal Mag today to see if that is the issue

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 216 (yesterday 222) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: