tap water

in Organics Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:43 pm
by orangesunshine | 803 Posts | 3182 Points

so after reading an ad for an RO machine saying that chlorine in our tap water will kill off a myco colony i thought i would ask what u all think---i usually bubble my rezzy s few days before watering to evaporate as much as possible for the ID garden but on occasion i do go straight from the tap and onto the soil---in fact i currently use the hose to water OD with no bubbling---if the water is safe to drink should it not be safe for the plants to maintain the colony---the root balls of past years using the hose to water are always robust thick and very dense---i am calling B.S. on the RO marketing program---besides water from the hose when watering soil there are many other elements in the tap water that are more beneficial than harmful---make sense????

Scroll up

RE: tap water

in Organics Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:52 pm
by LEFTHAND | 111 Posts | 418 Points

Yes n no. I think 6 drops of chlorine will kill anything in a gallon of water. Don't quote me on that.
I've just started to go organic n soil. I've used RO for yrs due to hydro m ppms outta tap are 300+

Now coming out the hose it's highly oxygenated also.
But I agree using RO vs tap we loose many trace elements.

One could brew a tea. Take water from a tap n RO water. Brew em up. See which one froths n supports bio life better.
Simple mycro n molasses tea should give an idea. "Possibably"
I would also like to say slot of people I kniw who run RO ain't concerned of the chorine but the high ppms as on my case for example.
I grew up on a farm n had a well n thought that water was hard. HA!

Was just thinking. This also could be a factor in "starting" mycro life.
Od I would think the chlorine would evaporate quite quickly. Having the proper life n components in soil may also just slow mycro production down similar concept to "anti biotics" kills good n bad. To what degree n how to "properly test " good question.
But b4 we moved here we ran tap through our hydro synth nutes but I still filled res let sit it bubble mix nutes. N run.
My daily top offs which ranged from 2L to 5gals I started adding straight from the tap. Mix add to res with no shown side effects.
LH.

Last edited Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:26 pm | Scroll up

in Organics Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:39 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

In most survival books and and emergency planning kits it says 8 drops for gal of water and to double that if the water is cloudy.

yes tap water that has chlorine in it will kill apx.40% of the bacteria and virus in the soil. I say this because when taking sewer plant classes we would look at sewer water under the microscope then at different things tap water,bleach,fluoride ,alcohol too see what killed the difference things effect was in on the bacterial life.

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Organics Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:19 pm

so here is the point of inquiry---i'm thinking about going organic hydro---it will have to be A RECIRCULATING system due to the drought conditions in my area---i have an RO filter and have not used it for years due to space restrictions and the need for a 2nd rezzy---so sounds like i need to hook up the RO---if i go hydro so AS TO get 0 ppm's and jack up the nute program---whats ur guess to the size rezzy i will need to flower drip a boat load of 5 gal net pots---i have 2 now rezzys---i use the 50 gal now and 100 gal is in storage---gonna drip on coco or volcanic balls with a timer is my thought---just dont have space for the 100 gal to be set up---a tote???

Scroll up

in Organics Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:43 pm
by LEFTHAND | 111 Posts | 418 Points

Are your ppms high in your tap water?? If there low enough run tap water. N hydroton.
Just let it sit out n get the chlorine out. One can always boost the mycro life in water we add or the res water pretty easy.
Dunno if you have seen it but you could venture the coco/hydroton mixture. Think the bags say 60/40

Ozzy. I was close.
LH.

Scroll up

in Organics Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:39 pm
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

With an organic hydro system there are 2 areas of concern. One is the supply of nutes and the other are the micro organisms used to convert the organic nutes into chelated forms for the plant to use. I think the nute part is pretty easy for veg and flower. As for the micro organisms, imo aerated composted teas would work well in this application. Use high bacteria in veg and high fungi in flower.

Scroll up

in Organics Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:41 pm

Quote: umbra wrote in post #6
With an organic hydro system there are 2 areas of concern. One is the supply of nutes and the other are the micro organisms used to convert the organic nutes into chelated forms for the plant to use. I think the nute part is pretty easy for veg and flower. As for the micro organisms, imo aerated composted teas would work well in this application. Use high bacteria in veg and high fungi in flower.

been looking at a nute line called Heavy 16---supposed to be local/organic---a friend uses it in coco and has been killing it for a good long time

thankx for all the tips from all u all are awesome

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 35 (yesterday 415) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: