Water tempature

in Beginners Starting out Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:29 pm
by vtwinken | 40 Posts | 168 Points

Was wondering if anyone has experimented around with water temperature when feeding their plants? My past grows I just used the water from my tap at the temperature it comes out at, about the fifty degree range. This grow I'm feeding my plants with warm water, 80 degrees or so. It's a real pain in the butt. My plants are doing very well at about 2 weeks into veg. from clones. Is it really worth it? Enquiring minds want to know.

Scroll up

RE: Water tempature

in Beginners Starting out Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:32 pm
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

I water with room temperature water. I let my water set out for a day to two before i use it. It isn't a pain to do it that way. Green mojo to you.

Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:45 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

let stand with air stone if possable...

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Yes, I also use a paint mixer to mix nutes as well as aerating the water. I hold the mixer in such a way where I get a lot of air into water. I've also tried letting my nutes ferment in water until it develops a strong order, was never really sure if that helped.

Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:01 pm
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

Yes, I use RODI water that's stored in a 55gallon barrel and is 53*, I have a aqairium heater in my res to bring the temp up to 73*.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8
Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:04 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

warmer water is going to have diff uptake ability than colder water...not sure at what point but 55 is too cold in my opinion and what i have read here and at MP....i keep my resi off the floor and the ambient temp between lites on and off keeps water around 70 evne summer and winter...lucky so cal environment

<></p>
Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:10 pm
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

IMO, 80 degrees is too warm for hydro and you are inviting problems. Do some reading and I think that you will find the best temps for the nute solution is around 72. Letting your nutes set without aeration is not good and will turn them bad. Nutes need to be mixed, aerated and then you need to let them sit for a bit so the buffers can do their thing. Just mixing with a paint mixer and then quitting is not enough--the solution needs continual aeration.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:11 pm

Thanks for the water temp tips. I am growing in soil. When I did let the nutes ferment I did vigorously mix making sure I got lots of air mixed in just before I feed the plants. Sounds like I may get more air in the water if I used a aerator like for fish tanks and let it aerate for several days as well as the water getting to the room temperature without mixing hot/cold water to get to temp I want.

Scroll up

in Beginners Starting out Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:34 pm
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

Most of us have those fish tank aerators. They are handy. 24-48 hours is plenty time to make a tea for your girls.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 466 (yesterday 415) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: