heart failure

in Medical Marijuana Information Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:52 pm
by jungle | 100 Posts | 352 Points

What about people that have congestive heart failure.........some fluids that back up into the body because the heart is unable to pump the blood like it use to. Is vaporizing, or a calming medical strain good for such a person or anything else or is marijuana off limits period to people who are beginning to experience some weakness in there heart. A normal straight doctor would say no way to pot in all probability, but what would a medical marijuana doctor say. Thank you and I'll take my answer off the air....

Scroll up

RE: heart failure

in Medical Marijuana Information Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:12 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

I say lay the pipe down til the heart doc has a look your life is worth more that a high or pain relief for a few days

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:29 pm
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

Asking us is probably not the way to get the best info. However, no one probably knows the answer to your question. If it was my dad and he had what you are describing, i might offer a small amount of edibles and see how he does. It makes some peoples blood pressure lower too. I wish we had studies to find out these things, they are coming I believe. The doctor that gave me my medical card years ago was a cardiac surgeon... he was very pro cannabis. Good luck to you.

Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:33 am
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

I smoked right up to the time I had my Heart Attack,,never noticed it causing me problems except once when i smoked Green Crack,,that Weed messed with my ticker. Had it beating outta my chest. I was fine with Indicas. I started smoking one week after my Triple Bypass with no problems. Weed actually brings my BP down,,which is good for most PPL,,unless it gets real low. Mine this morning was 98/70,,and I feel great. The only problem I see is if your Dad is having that much problems,,I wouldnt take the chance in Lowering your DADS BP to much since his Heart is not pumping good as it is. My Heart did not have ANY damage because I was 5 mins from the Hospital,,but your Dad already has Damage,,so he probably should not smoke and take the Chance in an Overload(Spike it Heart Beat) or Under-load( BP to low) on his Heart.

We are a form of Energy and Energy never dies,,IT JUST CHANGES FORMS. Im gonna be Dirt,,your gonna be POO. LOL
Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:07 am

yeah I've been reading online looking at the info. I'm the one that has the problem. I've gone to the docor twice and were trying to get rid of fluids thats been building up. for example in 10 days i gained 12 lbs. and thats after they put me on a water pill. my guess is i have about 40lbs of fluid i shouldn't be carrying around. so i am seeing a doctor and they will probably want me to have expensive tests to see how my heart is actually working. Ive had constant swelling in my feet legs and i believe other parts. I personally feel if I use an easy going weed that helps one be happy and i can function on and if i vaporize it shouldn't be to harmful. just need to get the swelling down. i realize the medical community doesn't have all the answers yet. i read a thread some place online they wont give a person with a heart problem a medical marijuana card. I'm going o a doctor and I'm not smoking a lot of weed. all good . Just thought I'd see if any here are facing something similar and see what they're doing. no worries. thanks

Last edited Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:07 am | Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:05 pm
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

OH sorry Bro,,I dont know why I thought you said your dad. LOL,, weed Did it to me. He he

We are a form of Energy and Energy never dies,,IT JUST CHANGES FORMS. Im gonna be Dirt,,your gonna be POO. LOL
Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:38 am
by Melvan | 492 Posts | 2234 Points

You can be honest with your cardiologist, as it's all protected info between you and him, and see what he says about mixing the pot with your other heart meds. My Hubby's primary care dr and his cardiologist both know he uses weed to treat his back pain, and they are both good with it and actually patted him on the back for vaping & eating it, not smoking. We are not in a state with laws.

Hubby does not have congestive heart failure though, he had a heart attack and a stint was put in, so his situation was/is different from yours.

http://www.greenthumbgirls.com/rq6u659bg...js1vdkn3uxog2bd
Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:46 am
by BudGrower | 547 Posts | 1925 Points

hope all will be fine with u

Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:30 pm

its just kind of a new thing.....the only med i take right now is a pill to get rid of extra fluid. So far I've seen some improvement. I have another appointment. I don't have a cardiologist yet, they haven't done any major tests, I don't have insurance. but anyways I'm good. Getting rid of some of this fluid feels better. I'm tired and short of breath. I think a car accident I was in quite a few years ago did the damage. And it wasn't really revealed at the time. But I remember feeling short of breath after that but I always contributed the dusty conditions I was working in and was glad to get away from that job because of it, but now I do believe it was an accident that hurt my heart some how. I realize your not doctors i was sort of wondering if there were any strains that people used for heart conditions but it doesn't sound like it. still an area where people are still researching. All is good here.

Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:16 pm
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

Best wishes for you to feel better soon. I am glad the diuretic is helping.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 227 (yesterday 224) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: