Strain suggestions

in Just saying Hi Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:39 pm
by Ston-loc | 376 Posts | 1601 Points

Hey all, just delving into the new site and trying to get my bearings.

Starting to think and gameplan for the coming outdoor season. Just skimmed around Attitude for a while just getting frustrated with all the crosses and stuff I cant seem to find any honest reviews on.

Thinking to pick up some Larry OG to give a try, but cant seem to find anyone who's grown it outdoors. Any thoughts? Or any suggestions on some indica dominant strains to look into? Or shorter flowering strains, at least?

Cheers all. Hopefully be able to be around here more often now

Last edited Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:40 pm | Scroll up

RE: Strain suggestions

in Just saying Hi Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:27 am
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

I think I am going with Mandala #1 for this outdoor season.I have no feedback on this strain but their description sounds good and it is fast flowering. I need another one or two maybe.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:38 am

Did mandala's Satori, and Beyond the Brain outdoors 2012 season. Did pretty decent. Could have used a few more weeks of nice weather to finish off though. Good day time, busy smoke for sure...

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:32 am
by sin inc | 101 Posts | 934 Points

is your looking for outside then ace seeds would be the place to go.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:47 am
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

Hey Ston-loc! Nice to see you! I am glad you are here.

I grew Nurse larry, that is half a Larry outside and they did great.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:27 am

Hi Rose! Good to hear. I think I'll give Larry a try. Also looking for a high CBD strain. The mrs doesn't partake much, and when she does, she doesn't really enjoy the heady strains I like. Need to find a strain for her that could mellow her out without making her head spin haha.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:39 am
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

i grew Pineapple Express outside and it did real good. Great smoke too. I grew it in my Vegg Garden in between rows. Bent her over at about 10" and ran her close to the ground for Stealth.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:46 am

I just smoked some Pineapple Express and I like it. I grew it indoors tho.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:38 pm

Right on, thanks guys. Pineapple Express was actually on a list of strains good for anxiety and migraines, that I was looking at last night.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:55 pm
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

I liked PE too. I am going to grow a high cbd low thc strain, I will let you know about it for your wife... It is called freedom baby by Gage Green Genetics and they are s tupid expensive.... But I need to know if it is good for sick people... The seeds are dinky, I will put them in the seed starter today. So in 4-5 months i will let you know, ha.

Last edited Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:56 pm | Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:31 pm

Right on, thanks Rose. Found one on a site someone linked on another thread here. Seemed awesome in its description. Ghost Rider, high CBD, low thc. Then searching that on attitude, come up completely different genetics and description.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:15 pm
by Dman1234 | 27 Posts | 78 Points

I give clones to my sister every year for her garden, it just so happens that last year she grew Larry and Satori outdoors. no issues at all. atleast nothing that wasnt mother natures fault.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Yep,,Mother Nature can be pain in Texas, cause it gets so freaken hot here,. My Pineapple Express had no problems except for SM,,which thrive in heat. The only thing that helped was they didnt get to it untill she was almost ready to harvest. Little Bastages.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:28 pm
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

I remember that HL has mentioned that Larry OG is best if taken out 10 weeks or more. If the Satori and the Beyond the Brain could have used a few more weeks, you may want to look for a faster flowering strain. If you want an up strain that flowers faster, C99 is a good choice.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:57 pm

Ston-loc, if you like Mandala check out their map that tells you which strains will finish in your part of the world.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:16 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

Unfortunately, I have found those maps to be way too general to be of any real use. For example within about 100 miles of my place you go from extremely short growing seasons of about 70 (or less) days in higher elevations and 120+ days in lower elevations. This is one of the reasons that I really cannot grow outdoors--I can expect a frost until the first of June and anytime after the end of August. It has snowed in July. IMO, you do better just figuring how many growing days you have before frost and/or cold weather and buying a strain that will finish in the time you have.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:30 am

Your right Hemp Goddess, those maps won't apply to everyone but I found some info usefull. I live in south central Canada, the weather description matched up well for my area, I then picked the colder climate strains that are supposed to finish end of sept.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:39 am

One word,,,GREENHOUSE

Last edited Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:39 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 241 (yesterday 314) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: