thin plants

in Plant probems Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:38 am
by BudGrower | 547 Posts | 1925 Points

helloo,
guyz i dnt knw wats the problem but my plants dnt get bushy and big ! they stay thin, am giving them 30-10-10 but they go tall not wide
and the perform buds very quickly

2nd plant

Scroll up

RE: thin plants

in Plant probems Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:38 am
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

I can't tell for sure form the pics, but that soil just looks like it compacted too tight for the roots to grow right

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Got Blood on my hand for some crooked decisions
blood on my heart for some painful divisions
Askin myself would I take it all back
Na I wouldn't
this is my path
Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:51 am
by Melvan | 492 Posts | 2234 Points

Ozzy, I was going to say the same. The soil looks really compacted and kind of muddy. Did you do any prep to the hole before you put in the plant?

Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:20 am

i just put manure and hay

Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:32 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

I get this when I grow from seed...untill you clone it they grow like Rockets

just my thaughts

take care and be safe
Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:37 am
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

topped or FIM'd? I always put 'we call it rabbit wire' around my outside one. Once it gets around a foot high, I do some LST'ing. that was before I knew what LST'ing was. I just called it training. Putting limbs to the wire and it uses the wiring to grow out. I'm not saying this is the right thing, but this is what I did when I grew outside.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:36 am
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

That ground is too compacted, and planting in a pit like that encourages the plant to stay wet and invites problems. A small indention in the ground is good, but that's way to deep.

Amending your soil is great, but you need good amendments. Aged manure is good, aged is the key, fresh manure not so much. Hay is fine for moisture retention, but untill it composts it wont do anything for the soil. Some folks think it airates the soil, but hay is hollow, it compacts and just lays there. You'd be much better off adding sand, aged compost, and a bit of lime.

That being said...I've seen worse looking plants in worse conditions that turn out O.K., but outdoor plants can only really reach their full potential if you prepare and consider their need.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Last edited Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:46 am | Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:02 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

People need to keep in mind that cannabis is NOT a weed and it does not grow like one. You need a good soil mixture that has good drainage--you cannot just throw them in the ground like other plants.

A lot of how a plant grows is related to strain--so what strain is this and where did you get the seeds? If this is bagseed, you really don't know what you are growing and this may be the best it gets. If you are growing a known strain from a reputable breeder, how is the plant supposed to grow? Also, a fertilizer that is 30-10-10 may not be the best for vegging. If they are starting to bud (it seems a little early since the winter solstice was only about 3 weeks ago), you need way different fertilizer without so much N in it.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:28 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

thats what mine looked like outside too...thats why i bought lamps...
id agree with dirt not doing its job...maybe re dig a better hole with better amendments and replant?

<></p>
Scroll up

in Plant probems Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:00 am

thank u all i will work more on the soil

Scroll up

in Plant probems Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:03 am
by shortbus | 253 Posts | 1304 Points

even if you don't add any amendments. just adding a crap load of perlite will do wonders

greenmojo
Scroll up

in Plant probems Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:19 am
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

Quote: shortbus wrote in post #11
even if you don't add any amendments. just adding a crap load of perlite will do wonders

Rice hulls are better than perlite. Perlite will float away, and the white color attracts attention. Rice hulls won't float away, airate as well, if not better than, perlite, and they blend in with the surrounding soil.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8
Scroll up

purple leafs

in Plant probems Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:27 pm

helloo again , my top leafs r turning blue/purple ist a problem ???

Scroll up

RE: purple leafs

in Plant probems Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:17 pm
by 7greeneyes | 469 Posts | 1830 Points

plants look a lil cold or it could be strain dependant but seeing how "young" the plant is, it's most likely temps causing the coloration...

I've noticed when I've used just organics, it seemed to let my jack's purp up round the edges but when i moved to a mix of organics and chems then the coloration wasn't as prevalent. Just an observation on my part...

good luck and keep lovin on that gal :)

BHC# 711

"When injustice becomes law, then resistance becomes duty."
Thomas Jefferson

“I am not the lifestyle police.”- (my new hero) Pitkin County, CO Sheriff Joe DiSalvo

Last edited Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:19 pm | Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:39 pm

thnx

Scroll up

in Plant probems Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:54 am
by zipflip | 57 Posts | 259 Points

some people are tall, some are short, some are fat, some are thin, some are crazy , some are sane, ..... I say its just the genetics of said plant/s ur growin. and unless you know your lineage , imo, you'll never really know for sure wats up unless ya take a clone and grow in different conditions to tell if its just the plant the way it is or if its the environment conditions or something ur doin or not doin. either way let 'er buck and and see what comes of her.
but as far as the soil/ground they in, theres really not much you can do for that now unless ur willing to disturb the roots, other than doing some top dressing ammendments. JMO
good luck wit them

Scroll up

in Plant probems Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:26 pm

i knw am preparing better soil nxt run

Scroll up

much better now

in Plant probems Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:26 pm

took one out n 1 left, added to it
humic acid,0-30-45,amoniac,cal-mag,iron,trace elements
too many new branches with buds all over the plant

Scroll up

RE: much better now

in Plant probems Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:32 pm

new pics

Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:15 am

What exactly are you feeding your plants? Flowering plants need a fertilizer that is higher in P. Your fertilizer can also really affect bud growth. You stated above (Jan 9th) that you were using a fertilizer that is 30-10-10. A fertilizer that high in N is going to delay and hinder flowering. The fertilizer you have pictured above is 2-1-1 with micro elements. That has too much N and not enough P for proper flowering.

Did you ever amend the soil to improve drainage?

Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:57 am

Quote: The Hemp Goddess wrote in post #20
What exactly are you feeding your plants? Flowering plants need a fertilizer that is higher in P. Your fertilizer can also really affect bud growth. You stated above (Jan 9th) that you were using a fertilizer that is 30-10-10. A fertilizer that high in N is going to delay and hinder flowering. The fertilizer you have pictured above is 2-1-1 with micro elements. That has too much N and not enough P for proper flowering.

Did you ever amend the soil to improve drainage?

helloo THG
i stopped giving them 30-10-10 the same day jan 9th, now am giving them humic acid + 0-30-45, the one in the pic is soil for the small plant
i couldnt do any for this plant but manure, so ima stick to it,

Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:16 pm

Why are you giving them humic acid? Can you find a source for P? When flowering, you want something with a higher P than K.

Try and aerate the soil if at all possible.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:28 pm

humic acid to make the soil softer n not compacted for the roots

Scroll up

updates on thin plant

in Plant probems Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:21 pm

the plant grown crazyyyyyyy i luv it

and i told u earlier i found 2 plants around other plants so i topped both of them and last thing i found new baby MJ near the big plant

peace

Scroll up

RE: updates on thin plant

in Plant probems Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:55 pm
by sin inc | 101 Posts | 934 Points

well its looks like your getting this under control keep it up.if u need more help were always here

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 161 (yesterday 262) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: