Gemini Plant !T - Dripper + DWC System

in Hydroponics Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:47 am
by Tangerine Dream | 40 Posts | 154 Points

has anyone ever seen a dripper/dwc combo in action and was it any good? an example is below

https://www.greenstreamhydroponics.com/plant-t/prod_746.html

the following text is copyed from the page above
---------
The PLANT!T gemini is a standalone 1 plant recirculating hydroponic system, which is a popular growing method. Plants are supported and grown in a media, such as, PLANT!T Clay Pebbles and they are suspended above the tank filled with nutrient solution. The nutrient solution is pumped through the clay pebbles, via a flow-ring, direct to the roots of the plant. This draws vital oxygen into the nutrient solution as it works its way to the plant roots and ensures great growing results.

The PLANT!T gemini is supplied with a floor insert giving you the option to decide on the amount of media you use. There are several options available - you can use the insert and less media, giving greater tank volume; or you can remove the insert and increase the media volume – the choice is yours! The benefits of this system are - great yields – better than hand watering, as more nutrients are provided to the roots; flexible – plants can be moved around as each gemini is a standalone system; and better results – free-draining, highly oxygenated root zone with no nutrient or water build-up.
---------------------
at the moment im using a bubbler but was thinking this might be a good thing to get when i go into flower do you think it would give me say 5% more benefit over a DWC bubbler on its own? or is it kinda just a gimic? any info or feedback on this type of combo would be great.

Thanks

Tangerine Dream

Scroll up

RE: Gemini Plant !T - Dripper + DWC System

in Hydroponics Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:10 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

looks like a self contained water farm

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Hydroponics Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:16 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

I agree that it sound like a Waterfarm. I don't really see any reason to believe that this will increase yields over a simple DWC.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Hydroponics Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:57 am
by Tangerine Dream | 40 Posts | 154 Points

ok :[ its just that it looked like a bubbler but also a drip feed so i was thinking it might do more

thanks for info guys

Scroll up

in Hydroponics Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:00 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

Hmmm...the water farms do the same thing...at least I think they have the bubbler in the buckets..as well as recirculate the water..the one you shown is just a one unit....I can see where that would be good in a small area like a fridge..cloths drawer

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Hydroponics Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:06 pm
by Flyinghigh | 11 Posts | 42 Points

I use a air pump and a drip system at the same time. It seems to work for me, because I always don't check water level everyday and with the dripper it helps keeps the roots wet on top and down ward. I'll get pictures tomorrow and upload them while in flowering with about 6 weeks left.
I found if I play with the grow I do better each time.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 468 (yesterday 605) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: